cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
One more Alabama dealer gone... #20980 05/17/04 08:22 AM
Stainz Offline OP
OP Offline
I just came back from vacationing on Alabama's Gulf Coast. Sadly, I noted a number of local stores and restaurants had closed. One, 'St. Nick's Knives', is doing well, but has cut back on their non-edged offerings. Their remaining H-L stock at their larger store in Orange Beach (... just east of Gulf Shores.) was 35% off. I noted the A-B 'Relief' was in stock as well as a small stack of Sand Is, AL lights. My wallet was 'pre-shrunk', so I didn't get much - actually just two pieces.

The other area H-L dealer is 'Nita's Hallmark', who is still stocking quite a nice collection. The store is located at the turn to Fort Morgan, making it the closest H-L site to the Sand Island lighthouse remains. Oddly, they, too, still have the LE of Sand Island. I sure thought that one would be gone by now due to the low number made.

It is getting difficult to find H-L's in Alabama.

Stainz

Re: One more Alabama dealer gone... #20981 05/18/04 02:23 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have noticed recently here in the Cincinnati area two more stores that are not going to sell Harbour Lights anymore. Both are Hallmarks, one has them marked down 40% and the other 25%. The one that has them marked down 25% has them on the bottom shelf. Guess what's on the upper shelves? Lighthouses by Spoontiques!

Re: One more Alabama dealer gone... #20982 05/18/04 03:55 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Kremer:
The one that has them marked down 25% has them on the bottom shelf. Guess what's on the upper shelves? Lighthouses by Spoontiques!
Gee, maybe that is part of their problem. . . . . usually Hallmarks don't push the lesser quality products. Perhaps this is an owner who isn't too well grounded in retailing and merchandising. If they want to sell other than the LE or OE lines, go to Little Lights which blow away all their competition, especially Spoontiques. (Can't remember the last time I saw a Spoontiques product for sale.)

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,316 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users