Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RIP Harry Outen #210390 10/13/16 05:39 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
A very good man and Forum Member passed away last week from an apparent heart attack. The man's name is Harry Outen and he lived about 40 miles southwest of Ocala, FL. Harry only posted a few times and was a very quiet subdued person until you got in a conversation with him and then he would talk your ears off, especially if yours and his opinion did not match.

You are probably wondering WHY I am announcing his passing on the Forums where no one actually knew him since his posts were very few. I want everyone to understand that it was Harry who actually convinced me to start "My Complete Guide To Harbour Lights Lighthouses" several years ago. He told me that the collection he had in his house was actually his wife's collection and his primary interest was in his computer listings and pictures of everything that Harbour Lights produced. He was concerned now that Harbour Lights was gone that all this history would be lost unless it was documented in writing. I asked him why he did not start a booklet on Harbour Lights and he told me that because he did not have a history with the collectors that no one would be interested. He also told me that whatever help that I would need with pictures, information, etc. he would be there to help me.

Harry did not like being recognized for his part in developing "My Complete Guide To Harbour Lights Lighthouses" and asked that I did not give any recognition to him for the help he gave me. I honored his wishes as best I could, but feel that even though very few collectors knew him, I have to give honor to the man that helped me create "My Complete Guide To Harbour Lights Lighthouses" and without his constant prodding might still be a "one" Volume file instead of the 30 Volume files it has become. I will miss him greatly as his ability to do things with a computer that I thought impossible were never impossible to Harry.

Rich
Re: RIP Harry Outen [Re: flacoastie] #210391 10/13/16 01:46 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Sorry to hear of Harry's passing. I know he was important in your efforts as you often spoke of him with great respect. Tough to lose a friend, even though you may never have met him face-to-face.

Re: RIP Harry Outen [Re: flacoastie] #210395 10/15/16 03:05 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rich, I'm very sorry to hear of your friends passing. Thank you for telling us about him and how he has helped you.

I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,425 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users