Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R.I.P. Jim Johnson #210291 08/13/16 04:26 AM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Just received some very sad news. Many of the collectors here will recognize the name of Jim Johnson. Here's a copy of an email I just received from the family...

Hi,

We are writing to share the sad news that Jim Johnson passed away on Friday, August 12. A copy of his obituary is pasted below.

AUBURN ̶ R. James (Jim) Johnson, 72, husband of Kathryn E. Johnson, passed away peacefully on August 12, 2016 at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Syracuse surrounded by his family. Born in Canandaigua, New York, he was the son of the late Robert Johnson and Naomi Knapp. He graduated from Red Jacket High School, Auburn Community College, and Utica College. He was employed by the New York State Division for Youth for many years. After retiring, Jim continued to work with the Cayuga County Family Court and Safe Schools. He was an avid music fan who also enjoyed photography, reading, and traveling. Among his favorite destinations were Oregon, Rhode Island, other states featuring lighthouses, and cruises. One of his favorite hobbies was collecting, and he was a long-time member of Harbour Lights Collector’s Society. He volunteered for many organizations including the Cayuga County Youth Bureau and Clearwater Great Hudson River Revival Folk Festival. Jim always went out of his way to help others and will be missed by all who knew him.

Surviving are his wife of 48 years; his daughter Jennifer Johnson; his daughter Sara Johnson (Pawlowicz) and her husband Stephen; his two beloved grandchildren Abigail and Alec Pawlowicz; his brother Gary; his in laws Alma and Gerald Sedor; Judith and Richard Sheftic; Bernard and Carol Deering; Mary and William Currier; several nieces and nephews; and many life-long friends. He was predeceased by his sister Barbara Johnson Shephard of Geneva.

Friends and relatives are invited to call from 4 to 6 pm on Tuesday, August 16th at White Chapel Funeral Home Inc., 197 South Street, Auburn. A brief service will follow at 6 pm at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Jim may be made to the Owasco Volunteer Fire Department, 7174 Owasco Road, Auburn, NY 13021.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: R.I.P. Jim Johnson [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #210292 08/13/16 04:35 AM
Mark Wagner Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Sad news, he will be missed

Re: R.I.P. Jim Johnson [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #210293 08/13/16 04:44 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks for posting, Roland. I just got the email and was headed here to post the sad news.

Jim was a really great guy. When he was able to he did travel to HL events around the country. Our thoughts and prayers are with Kathryn and the kids.

Re: R.I.P. Jim Johnson [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #210294 08/13/16 08:30 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Same here, just got the news, JJ and his wife were good friends of Sue and myself. We stayed overnight at his home several times on our way to the Northeast.. He was a loyal member of the Hoosier Lighthousing Club even though he lived in NY. He was always one to jump in and help at all of the HL functions..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: R.I.P. Jim Johnson [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #210296 08/13/16 09:58 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I never met Jim but communicated with him several times concerning information on Harbour Lights. I am sure he will be missed in the lighthouse and Harbour Lights communities.

Rich
Re: R.I.P. Jim Johnson [Re: The Cape Cod Store.com] #210301 08/16/16 03:20 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm very sorry to hear of Jim's passing. I didn't know him, but felt I did get to know him a little from his posts on the forums.

I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,414 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users