Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! #209812 10/18/15 01:03 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
For those of you that frequent the Harbour Lights Collector Forums on a regular basis know that I have been posting that there will be a special announcement that all collectors will be interested in. I first posted about this special announcement in April of this year expecting to make the official announcement in June. When June came and went I expected to be able to make the announcement sometime in August. August came and went and I said that the announcement would come by Thanksgiving, in time for Christmas. Well, as most of you know, things don’t always happen in life as we expect or want them to.

I have been talking to Harry Hine (son-in-law of Bill Younger and designer/artist for Harbour Lights for those of you not familiar with his name) and he has given me permission to release the Exclusive Announcement that he is going to be releasing his own line of lighthouses in the very near future. Harry has been planning this line since early this year and the reason for so many delays is he has been having troubles finding a manufacturer (2 have agreed and then had problems and have backed out) which has caused Harry to have to go back to square one and start all over again looking for someone to produce his lighthouses. One manufacturer had even gone far enough to make a paint sample of the first piece Harry is planning to produce. The major problem with the manufacturer is COST. Harry only wants to produce a very limited edition size of 300 pieces and the cost to tool up and produce this small quantity is higher than Harry wants to pay since he is trying to keep the retail price in a very affordable range.

I have seen pictures of his first planned piece and they are truly in the expectations that you would expect from Harry. His design, attention to detail, painting, physical size and overall quality are truly phenomenal and the expected retail price should be in the price range that every collectors can afford. Harry’s plans are to sell the 300 pieces himself which will also keep the retail price lower. He is in the process of figuring out how to order, shipping, payment details, reserved serial numbers, etc. and expects that all this information will be available before the first piece is actually ready for sale. At this time Harry plans only 4 pieces a year and they might be something other than a lighthouse (lens, ship, etc).

At this time it appears that the first piece may not be ready until after the first of the year (2016), but, it could be earlier or later based on how negotiations go with the latest possible manufacturer. When the official announcement is made by Harry, I will ensure that all collectors receiving my volumes and mailings will know everything the minute I get Harry’s permission to release the information. You might also want to check the Collector Forums weekly to see if there is any update posted. I do not want to bombard you with numerous emails or posts until all is officially in place. After the announcement is made, and the contact/purchasing information is known, I’m sure it will be “first come” on the availability of serial numbers.

Rich
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209813 10/18/15 02:06 PM
akmn Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Let me be the first to say YES!!!! We have missed the excitement of new lighthouses ever since Harbour Lights ceased operations. Count us 'in' as we begin this exciting new chapter in lighthouse collecting!

Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209814 10/18/15 02:36 PM
C
Charles E Brown Offline
C
This is great news for collectors. I hope I can be one of the collectors receiving these new items.

Charles E (Eddie) Brown
3875 Mission Dr., Unit 1
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209815 10/18/15 04:58 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
GREAT NEWS !!!

Can't wait to see what Harry has for us.

I'm in !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209818 10/19/15 02:59 PM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well that's just pretty darn cool! Cant wait to see them!

Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209819 10/21/15 10:20 AM
L
lighthouse seek Offline
L
Awesome news!!! As someone new to the collecting this comes at a great time for me! keep us informed

Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209820 10/21/15 11:26 AM
M
Mr.G Offline
M
Glad to read the news. Hopefully new product will entice new enthusiasts!

Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209821 10/24/15 12:49 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
So will they be called H.H. Lights?
Will the last reef light to made? (Sombrero Key).

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209822 10/24/15 05:45 PM
docsweetie Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Can't wait for all this to happen. Pretty exciting!

docsweetie
From Grandkids: Aka Grandma Lighthouse
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209823 10/24/15 07:36 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Hopefully Harry will get all the details worked out by Thanksgiving or Christmas. Can't promise, or even predict, what pieces Harry is going to make and I don't think he has a name for the line yet.

Rich
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209828 10/30/15 01:39 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Very interesting but great news. Need to figure out where I could put the new additions.

Rich - any info on just how big these pieces will be? My initial assumption is they will be smaller (but no less detailed) to assist in keeping costs down.

Melody
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209829 10/30/15 09:20 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I don't know for sure but in talking to Harry I believe he plans on having them about the same size as a full size LE proportional to the actual lighthouse. Things could change depending on the prices he is quoted.

Rich
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209865 01/06/16 02:25 PM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Any new info on this lately?

Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209866 01/06/16 03:10 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
As far as I know Harry is still in England. He left before Thanksgiving because of his parent's sickness and still has not returned based on his cell phone going directly to voice mail.

Rich
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209875 01/08/16 05:57 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and now for the news everyone that is still collecting lighthouses is waiting for. Harry Hine just returned from England where he has been since receiving news of his parents failing health in November, I believe. The production of his first lighthouse was delayed because of these health issues. His mother just recently passed away just before Christmas and his father recently had a heart attack. During this time the manufacturer from China contacted Harry but Harry asked the manufacturer to put the production pieces on hold until a later date. Harry is now working with the manufacturer in China (same as Harbour Lights manufacturer) to produce his first ever lighthouse that he has total control over. He still is waiting for the delivery schedule and he will be working on pricing and ordering instructions over the next month. In the next month or so he will be furnishing me the information when he has it all worked out and then I will be passing it on to you. What I do know for sure is what the first issue will be (extremely well detailed as I have seen pictures of the Paint Master) and that the first issue should be a limited edition of 300 pieces. Harry is planning at this time on having collectors order directly from him, but, that could change.

I will keep you updated on any new information that I receive.

Rich
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209877 01/11/16 08:52 PM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Nice, cant wait to see what's on tap..

Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209880 01/15/16 01:33 AM
docsweetie Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Excellent news about the next steps, yet so sad with the illnesses of Harry's parent and ultimate passing of his mother. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Grandma Lighthouse

docsweetie
From Grandkids: Aka Grandma Lighthouse
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209893 01/30/16 10:14 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I have been talking to Harry Hine recently (Monday) and he said he is making progress on his 1st lighthouse piece that will be produced by him. It is very similar in looks to Harbour Lights and will be in the same price range. Harry has also assured me that all pieces produced by him will be new lighthouses and not reproduction of lighthouses previously done by Harbour Lights. Optimistically speaking he hopes to have delivery times, ordering information and payment instructions sometime during the next 2-3 weeks (or even earlier). He also said that if you want a reserved number (and it isn't already taken by an earlier request that this could be done as long as you commit to buying all of his pieces (about 4 a year). I will keep you informed as soon as I have more information.

Rich
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209894 01/31/16 10:31 PM
L
lighthouse seek Offline
L
great news! keep us informed!.. will he release which lighthouse it will be for the first?

Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209895 01/31/16 11:13 PM
G
GoreWorld Offline
G
This is great news. Glad to hear that Harry is only doing pieces not previously done by HL. This makes this new collection sort of like a continuation of HL. Count me in as well.

GoreWorld
Annapolis, MD

Dave
Wacko HL Collector
Crownsville, MD
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209896 02/01/16 01:56 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
You will have to wait until the Grand Announcement to find out what the first lighthouse will be. SORRY!!!

Rich
Re: The NEWS is Finally Ready to be Announced !! [Re: flacoastie] #209897 02/09/16 10:02 PM
T
todd Offline
T
Im in as well.

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,425 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users