Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! #209943 03/28/16 07:42 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I am not the best at posting pictures but you can click on each link to see the different views. Click on Harry's website and click on the small picture of Jones Point. This is the screen where you will add a note at the bottom left hand side of the screen. You can also make a small down payment of $25.00 or pay in full for $75.00. Any questions, please contact me at flacoastie@embarqmail.com and I will help you. The piece is expected toward the end of May. I also believe that Paul will be posting his outstanding pictures of Jones Point so the pictures I posted are just to let you know what the lighthouse will look like.

A NEW SCULPTURE FROM THE STUDIO OF HARRY HINE

I'm a lighthouse addict! Seriously, I drive my family nuts on a regular basis shouting out the name of a lighthouse that briefly flashed on the TV screen. I love the history of lighthouses and the stories of their keepers. I'm fascinated by how vital lighthouses became in helping my adopted country become the great nation that it is. I'm drawn to the variety of architectural styles and the engineering challenges of building these great edifices and of course, I simply love the varied and beautiful landscapes these important structures are built on.
As many Harbour Lights collectors know, I joined the Younger family in 1990 by marrying Bill and Nancy's daughter, Tori Dawn. Bill, Nancy and their oldest daughter, Kim, started Harbour Lights in 1991. Not long after, I became involved in helping find artists capable of translating Bill's vision for the fledgling line into the great collection it became. After several years of voluntary labor I became the full time director of product development. This involved designing all of the Harbour Lights pieces, working closely with the sculptors and painting artists and overseeing the quality of the production.
So you can imagine how sad I was with the shutting down of Harbour Lights. It really did leave a hole that was hard to fill. For months I would have dreams in which I'd be frantic because I hadn't designed any new lighthouse for the collection. I'd find myself trying to work out what new piece we could possibly release, only to realize upon wakening that I sadly didn't need new pieces. Over the last few years I have continued to design and develop giftware product for various companies around the world. Of course none of them have been as near and dear to me as the Harbour Lights collection.
I sat down in my studio some time ago and decided to sculpt a lighthouse just for the fun of it. My sculpting skills were quite rusty. It took several versions to come up with a piece I was happy with. The art director in me constantly battled with the artist.

Art Director "No! Those bricks are not straight. Do it again",
Artist "How straight should those darned bricks be?"
Artist "What do you mean the tower is crooked? It looked good to me"
Art Director "Crooked, the darned thing is positively slanted"
Art Director "That tree looks like a stick of broccoli"
Artist "Broccoli?... What do you mean, it's a majestic oak!" and so on.

Ok, there was a lot of internal dialog going on but eventually I finished the piece and showed it to my wife and Bill who both pronounced it worthy of being in the Harbour Lights collection. After that stamp of approval I decided to make a mold of the sculpture and cast and paint it.
The question being asked of me by friends and family was what I planned on doing with the piece once it was finished. I've been nurturing the idea for a while and here's what I was thinking. I would like to sculpt four to six pieces a year and offer them to you, Harbour Lights Collectors. The edition size will be very limited, ultimately no more than 500 pieces each. My ambition is to keep this collection small and manageable with the emphasis on beautiful well crafted sculptures as opposed to a large collection that needs staff, offices, a warehouse and all the other complications that come with size. Keep it small, keep it simple.
As this idea began to gel, I contacted the owner of the company/factory that had so competently produced the Harbour Lights Collection for many years. I enquired of Jack, the owner, if he would take on the production of this collection. I was stunned to hear that he had closed his workshop. I'd spent many happy weeks over many years in that factory working with all the wonderful men and women, training them and honing their skills in order to produce the pieces I wanted.
After contacting several other factories and realizing that I wasn't going to find the skill levels needed I went back to Jack and asked if there was any way of getting the top casters and painters back together and start producing these pieces for me. Well, to cut a long story short, the band is back together. We now have a small group of the best painters and casters any art director could dream of and they are ready to start the production of the first piece in this tiny collection.
This collection will be sold under the name of Harry Hine Studio, as I don't have the rights to the Harbour Lights trademark. But, as you can see, the pedigree of these pieces is intact.
The first piece in this collection is going to be Jones Point VA. We have been asked by hundreds of collectors to add this piece to the Harbour Lights collection and so finally, here it is.
¬¬¬Jones Point VA
Edition size: 300 pieces
Size: 7" wide, 5" deep, 4 1/2" tall.
Release date : End of May
Price: $75.00
Yes, only 300 pieces. My hope is that the sculpture will be sold out before it even arrives on American shores.

Allocation of the piece is going to be on a strictly first come basis. If you have a preference for a certain edition number, request this with your order and I will do everything possible to accommodate you. However, please note that Bill has called dibs on piece #1!!
To secure yours, please head over to my website and reserve your piece today. I ask that you put down a $25 deposit. harryhine.com

Many thanks for bearing with me on this somewhat rambling letter.
As Bill would say, "Keep the Flame"
Very best regards,

Harry Hine
www.harryhine.com

PS. Keep your eyes on my website as shortly I'll be announcing another project I've been working on that even Jack refused to make!

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209945 03/28/16 07:51 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Jones Point Front View

Attached Files
Jones Point Front.jpg (148 downloads)

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209947 03/28/16 07:53 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Jones Point Left View.

Attached Files
Jones Point Left.jpg (15 downloads)

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209948 03/28/16 07:54 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Jones Point Rear View.

Attached Files
Jones Point Rear.jpg (12 downloads)

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209949 03/28/16 07:55 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Jones Point Right View.

Attached Files
Jones Point Right.jpg (11 downloads)

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209951 03/28/16 10:42 PM
akmn Offline
Wacko
Wacko
So excited to have placed our order today! Hopefully this will be the first of many to come!!

Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209952 03/29/16 02:18 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
My order is in. I can't wait to see it.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209953 03/29/16 06:13 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
My order is in !!!

It's been a longtime coming !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209954 03/30/16 03:33 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
I have place my order. Harry did a fantastic job on the Jones point.

DANIEL
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209955 03/30/16 07:30 PM
cclighthousebuff Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I am excited with the choice and the composition. Thanks, Harry!

Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209957 03/30/16 09:12 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Harry is already hard at work on his 2nd piece. I am not at liberty to tell you what it is but if you are excited about Harry's first creation then you should even be more excited about his second piece. It is being planned to be a "MADE IN AMERICA" creation.

Harry is also very excited on how well the Jones Point is selling and he may get his wish to have a sell out before the piece even hits American Shores. Those that may procrastinate on buying their piece early may be out of luck.

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209961 04/01/16 10:14 PM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'll wait and see what else is offered in the future...

Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209963 04/02/16 02:13 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
We are watching and participating in the birth of a new company with an old and familiar product. I realize that some may have not have the thrill for the Jones Point like us on the east coast, but we are watching Harbour Light History being made and I feel it is our Super Wacko Duty to support Harry in his new Adventure. If you order now you may still get a double digit.

DANIEL
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209964 04/02/16 04:44 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The other thing that Daniel failed to mention is that USUALLY the first issue of a collectible line holds it's value the most (not that any of us believe in investments or the secondary market).

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209978 04/27/16 09:48 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Not only do we have the rebirth of the Collector Forums but we also have sort of a rebirth of lighthouse interest with the introduction of Harry's new line of lighthouses. It will be interesting to see how each individual rebirth goes.

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209980 04/28/16 10:01 AM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I also ordered this as soon as I heard the news back at the end of March.

I look forward to seeing what Harry develops in the years to come..... I wish him well and hope this renews the lighthouse spirit in many of us that has been burning "dimly" since the closing of HLs.

I am still hopeful that some day my favorite lighthouse will be created, Mark Island Light, Winter Harbor, Maine, located near Schoodic Peninsula of Acadia National Park!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #209990 04/29/16 01:43 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Looking forward to receiving this light! I don't know if I can commit to buy each light, as like many of HL collectors, space has become a real issue. I currently display everything I have which is maybe 400 pieces.

Melody
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210001 05/01/16 03:29 PM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Ordered mine on the 1st or 2nd day that Harry had this up on his website. Wouldn't want to miss the first edition of this new line...

Harry, just curious... Did you put the hidden "Seahorse" on it? Or is/was that a Harbour Lights trademark that can't be used either? groupwave

Last edited by Rusty; 05/01/16 03:30 PM.
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210008 05/02/16 12:55 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I talked to Harry today and he said that even though he was tempted to put a sea horse on Jones Point he decided against it. I didn't quite understand what the reason for not doing it was but it could be for legal reasons.

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210043 05/18/16 03:59 AM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
OK...I caved and bought one...

Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210044 05/18/16 08:45 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Good for you!

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210045 05/19/16 02:20 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
To keep everyone up to speed on Harry's Jones Point I talked to him yesterday and he was waiting for delivery of the lighthouses. I didn't quite understand if he meant to his house, the airport or they were in flight to California. BUT, it is getting closer to us having them in our hands.

Harry said that he has now sold over 200 Jones Point Lighthouses and he has now stopped taking requests for reserved serial numbers since the 200 sold have already been assigned serial numbers and it would be impossible to assign low serial numbers for pieces already allocated. He who hesitated has now lost the chance for a special serial number BUT it is still not too late to reserve one of Harry's first production lighthouse at https://www.harryhine.com/ and follow the prompts.

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210047 05/22/16 09:15 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This is the latest and BEST news on Harry's Jones Point Lighthouse. The lighthouses arrived the middle of the week and have been inspected by Harry and the sold pieces have been signed by Bill, Nancy and Harry. Today is Sunday and Harry is repackaging them and getting the pieces that were paid in full ready to ship Monday and Tuesday. There will be an email giving the tracking number sent to each collector that paid in full.

The collectors that only put down a deposit will be receiving an invoice for the remainder of the purchase price and the shipping cost (also tax in you live in California). Once Harry confirms that the remaining balance has been paid he will send those pieces out.

It still is not too late to get a signed piece, but, it is too late to get a reserved number since over 200 of the 300 pieces have been sold and had serial numbers assigned(you might be able to ask for a serial number as long as it is in the high range and Harry agrees). If you still have not bought your lighthouse please don't hesitate too much longer. You can order by clicking on this link https://www.harryhine.com/ and following the prompts.

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210048 05/23/16 10:09 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
I'm sure there will be many happy folks in the coming weeks. Don't forget to come back here to discuss the new addition to your lighthouse collection.

Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210049 05/23/16 10:21 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I got my shipping notifications just a while ago for the 2 pieces I bought. It's too early for the post office to show a delivery date but I figure the earliest is Friday and the latest will be Monday.

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210050 05/23/16 01:00 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Won't be Monday - holiday

Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210051 05/24/16 01:36 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Darn- Hate those holidays!!!

Rich
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210052 05/24/16 02:04 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
For employed people they are wonderful but for retired or lay off people they get in the way.

DANIEL
Re: THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER !!!! [Re: flacoastie] #210062 05/28/16 07:38 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Jones Point Lighthouse arrived in Franktown Co yesterday! I have to say I got really scared when I saw a Post Office sticker saying something about finding the package "loose" in the mail, but packing was really good, only a small dent in the outside box, inside everything perfect. Sculpture itself is very, very nice. While I did not order the light the same day the email was sent out that ordering could take place, I ended up with a 2-digit number 84.

My daughter began a frantic search for a seahorse with no luck, but I told her I didn't think that seahorses were going to be on these pieces as it was part of HL, might be a licensing thing.
Had to move some things around in one of my cabinets and it fit right in.
Thanks to Harry, Rich and Dave and anyone else that was involved in this effort! I didn't realize how much I had missed obtaining a new lighthouse until this one showed up. Looking forward to the next one.
And I really like Harry's slogan,
"Art in Architecture"

Last edited by MelJB; 05/28/16 07:41 AM.

Melody

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,055 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users