Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion #203699 06/22/11 09:51 AM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
How about posting from those that can remember details of what Harbour lights were auctioned and how much.

How many gold lights were auctioned and how much did they go for?
How many of the Artist Proof 458 West Quoddy ME were auctioned and how much did they bring.
How many founders collection were auctioned or given away. And what did they go for?

Any lights given out as door prizes?

Any other special lights given out or auctioned?

Was the founders collection Cape Hatteras ch-1 auctioned off?

Details please.

DANIEL
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203704 06/22/11 01:38 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Sorry my memory is not so good Daniel. Age is catching up with me! After shifting through the old memory banks I can provide a little more detail.

Two gold lights were auctioned. One was Detroit River, the other was Loon Island. I believe the winning bids were something like Loon Island was over $1000 and I believe the Detriot River went for at least $500.

One 458 West Quoddy was auctioned, again do not recall the exact winning bid but believe it was more than $500.

A Minot's Ledge (I Love You version) AP was auctioned. Winning bid??

A non-produced different version of Alligator Reef FL was auctioned, went for $1050, I believe.

The winning bid of $4500 went for a different version of Gurnet Plymouth MA.

No Founders Collections pieces were auctioned. And there were no lights given out as door prizes.

The Reunion logo poster went for $377. I can remember this amount exactly because I won it.

Melody
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203719 06/23/11 01:50 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I would love to see pics of the different versions of the Alligator Reef and Gurnet pieces.

I hope someone can post them. Please...Please!!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203720 06/23/11 01:54 PM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks Melody.
Maybe some others can fill the gaps.

DANIEL
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203733 06/24/11 11:09 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I had planned on trying to start to go through my pictures this weekend. I'll see what I can find with regard to the auction items and try and post. I have not posted a picture since the switch to the new forum format, but will give it every effort.

Melody
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203739 06/24/11 01:18 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
According to Lighthouse Depot's sales email-of-the-day, 330 people attended the Reunion. Not sure how many families that represented.

Also according to this same email, 360 sets of the three Alaska lights were made.

I know this because the sales emails states that the remaining sets of the 360 made are now being offered by Lighthouse Depot at $370.

Sorry if you went on the Cruise and bought an extra set thinking you might be able to make some money on the side.

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203740 06/24/11 01:51 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Ahhhh, the elusive AP HL458 West Quoddy ME..... makes another appearance!

I have two questions related to the Alaska Cruise Reunion goodies:

1) Does anyone know the HL product numbers (800's?) for the 3 Alaskan thumbnails given out?

2) Has anyone received their set of 3 full size LE pieces? I ordered mine, but have not received them yet even thought I was charged several weeks ago for them.

It would be nice if a set of the thumbnails was included with each set of large LE's! -hint hint

I trust everyone who went on the cruise had a wonderful time. wish I could have been there.... Looking forward to photos!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203741 06/24/11 02:29 PM
kory63 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
As usual HL Collectors were generous in their bidding on the auction items! waytogo
It may have been posted somewhere else and I missed it but what LH groups or charities were the beneficiaries of the auction proceeds?
Rick

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203743 06/24/11 04:42 PM
Middle I-land MI Max Offline
Wacko
Wacko
If you didn't get the Lighthouse Depot sales e-mail the Webmaster mentioned above, you can go to Lighthousedepot.com and select "Harbour Lights" and then select "Other" to find the Alaska Reunion sets.

Listed at $340 + $19.99 S&H

Max

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203744 06/24/11 06:26 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rick the proceeds from the auction approximately $10K will go to the Coast Guard Aux Fund.

I have not received my pieces yet, but we were told on the cruise that they would be sent out shortly.

Melody
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203747 06/25/11 01:26 AM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well so much for you had to go on the cruise to be able to purchase the lights!
Apparently Christopher was able to purchase them without going on the cruise and now Lighthouse Depot is offering them for sale to the general public!

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203752 06/25/11 09:58 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Money Talks!

Rich
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203753 06/25/11 11:06 AM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Any other collectables.
I just heard there was TEN reunion buttons? Which ones where they?

How many thumbnails?
What was the thumnails names?

Did they match the buttons?

Was there a mini reunion piece?

Last edited by DANIEL; 06/25/11 11:47 AM. Reason: corrected the button amount

DANIEL
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: Middle I-land MI Max] #203754 06/25/11 11:37 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Originally Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Listed at $340 + $19.99 S&H

Max
`

Thanks for correcting my figure, Max

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203762 06/26/11 12:59 AM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Some answers to questions.
1) No Founders Collection auctioned. But attendees were given, if they wanted, a list of what ones still remained. You could order any on list. Orders would be processed in date/time receipt order. I was surprised to see a LE Portland Head and a LE Thomas Point were still available.

2) The Gurnet (Plymouth) piece that was auctioned is in smaller scale from the eventual production piece. According to Harry, the scale just was not right on the first production samples so they made it bigger. There are only 3 of these in existence. The bidder has 1, Harry has 1 and the factory has 1.

3) Three thumbnails to go with the Reunion Exclusive pieces:
Guard Island (HL822TH)
Sentinel Island (HL820TH)
Point Retreat (HL821TH)

4) No mini lighthouses for this reunion.

5) The Buttons are as follows:
a) Welcome Aboard Infinity
b) Bon Voyage Seattle, WA
c) Harbour Lights Alaska Reunion
d) Guard Island
e) Umatilla Lightship
f) Sentinel Island
g) Point Retreat
h) White Pass & Yukon Route
i) Ogden Point Breakwater
j) Fisgard Lighthouse

Last edited by Rrronne; 06/26/11 01:00 AM.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203763 06/26/11 08:35 AM
DANIEL Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks Randall
Very informative.

I also heard that some buttons were given to the ladies only and others to guys only. I thought that was interesting. I guess one more reason to bring your mate.

I thought there would have been some founder's give-aways at the reunion. Maybe HL decided it would just be to much bulk and trouble.

I am glad to hear the founder collection still exist and they were not all destroyed yet. Could someone send me the list of those that still remain.
It would be interesting to see what is still left.

DANIEL
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203764 06/26/11 09:25 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
It would be nice someone would post the Founder's Collection list here, but if it's too extensive, I would like a copy also.

Rich
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: CAVR] #203770 06/26/11 02:55 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: CAVR

2) Has anyone received their set of 3 full size LE pieces? I ordered mine, but have not received them yet even thought I was charged several weeks ago for them.

The set of lights was promoted as "You had to go on the cruise in order to buy" for shipment at the end of June after you had taken the cruise!
Not sure how you were able to purchase without going on the cruise.
In my opinion Very poor customer relations on the part of Harbour Lights/Lighthouse Depot to sell to general public so soon after cruise. At least let the folks have a chance to get home and unpack! NOT IMPRESSED and makes me think twice about continuing to collect!

Last edited by HCS; 06/26/11 02:57 PM.
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203773 06/26/11 06:41 PM
Wacko
Wacko
Good points HCS!! There seems to be a serious integrity problem somewhere at LD/HL on these Alaskan Cruise Limited Edition 3 pc. sets. See following emails:

From: webmaster@harbourlights.com 7-7-10 "Harry is working on three new limited edition lighthouse replicas EXCLUSIVELY for those collectors who travel on the Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Reunion Cruise."

3-29-11 "The 20th anniversary Alaskan Cruise replicas will be available ONLY to Collectors who have registered for Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Reunion Alaskan Cruise."

From: Tony J. Constantino (tconstantion@harbourlights.com 4-20-2011 "Harry has 'built' three outstanding replicas to celebrate Harbour Lights' 20th year!" "Remember the replicas have been 'built' for those Collectors and Lighthouse Enthusiasts who are Registered Guests on the Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Reunion Alaska Cruise! "EXCLUSIVE AND LIMITED!"

I added caps to some key words above that we who went on the cruise and ordered these sets believed was the truth and relied on as we ordered our sets and paid for them upfront.

Now these "exclusive" sets are being sold to anyone, even those who didn't even go on the cruise!!

I feel betrayed by this turn of events again-- ( remember LD sold Collectors Society pieces in the past to anyone when they were to be sold only exclusively to Collector's Society members ). It's not ethical to take ones money under specific guidelines, and then change the rules after the orders are in and the money collected. $340 is not small change or an insignificant amount! The reputation of Harbour Lights to be honest and not go back on their word is vital to future success with many customers who are spending their money on their products.

Further, we never even heard how many Alaskan Cruise pieces were ordered by cruise attendees. What's the secret?? It would be ethical to address the issue of left over pieces upfront too.

I would say HL/LD owes those who ordered these special sets the right to adjust or cancel our orders based on this blatent misrepresentation of who could order these exclusive sets.

What a sad and disappointing ending for these special sets after months of hype about how very limited and exclusive to cruise participants ONLY these sets were meant to be. Whoever made this ill-advised decision should correct it for the sake of Harbour Lights' reputation. Don't let this come back to haunt you in the future. Trust is not something to be cavalier about--especially with your customers. I think a full and upfront explanation for everyone to read is in order here.

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: Middle I-land MI Max] #203774 06/26/11 06:45 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max
Good points HCS!! There seems to be a serious integrity problem somewhere at LD/HL on these Alaskan Cruise Limited Edition 3 pc. sets. See following emails:

From: webmaster@harbourlights.com 7-7-10 "Harry is working on three new limited edition lighthouse replicas EXCLUSIVELY for those collectors who travel on the Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Reunion Cruise."

3-29-11 "The 20th anniversary Alaskan Cruise replicas will be available ONLY to Collectors who have registered for Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Reunion Alaskan Cruise."

From: Tony J. Constantino (tconstantion@harbourlights.com 4-20-2011 "Harry has 'built' three outstanding replicas to celebrate Harb our Lights' 20th year!" "Remember the replicas have been 'built' for those Collectors and Lighthouse Enthusiasts who are Registered Guests on the Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Reunion Alaska Cruise! "EXCLUSIVE AND LIMITED!"

I added caps to some key words above that we who went on the cruise and ordered these sets believed was the truth and relied on as we ordered our sets.

Now these "exclusive" sets are being sold to anyone, even those who didn't go on the cruise!!

I feel betrayed by this turn of events again-- ( remember LD sold Collectors Society pieces in the past to anyone when they were to be sold only exclusively for Collector's Society members ).

Further, we never even heard how many Alaskan Cruise pieces were order by cruise attendees. What's the secret??

I would say HL/LD owes those who ordered these pieces the right to adjust or cancel our orders based on this blatent misrepresentation of who could order these exclusive sets.

What a sad ending to a special and first time Reunion Cruise for HL.
This is no way to treat HL collectors with integrity who paid $340 for this exclusive set.
We deserve a full and upfront explanation for everyone to read.

I have sent an e-mail to Tony - suggest you do the same!

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203775 06/26/11 07:29 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I would suggest you are emailing the wrong person as I don't believe that Tony made this decision.. I feel strongly that the decision was made higher than Tony in Lighthouse Marketing INC..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: WackoPaul] #203776 06/26/11 07:31 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: WackoPaul
I would suggest you are emailing the wrong person as I don't believe that Tony made this decision..

He can pass on the coments/complaints.
As well as reflecting on Harbour Lights it also reflects on Rod as he was told and advertised them as exclusive for cruise attendees!

Last edited by HCS; 06/26/11 07:33 PM.
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203777 06/26/11 07:33 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
There was only 360 sets made. I would call that rather exclusive.

I have no idea how many were actually sold to those on the cruise, but it's not unheard of that the rest of them are sold afterwards. Other companies have done this. As long as cruise members get the lower numbers and none are ever sold at a discount.

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203778 06/26/11 08:46 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Good points, all. The limit was 360 to be made. The language from HL in promoting these pieces and the reunion should have been tempered to something like:

Quote:
2011 Alaska Reunion Cruise attendees will have first shot at these very limited Harbour Lights. The company reserves the right to sell any that are not claimed by those on the Cruise at the same price paid for by attendees.

If you got them on the cruise, you DO actually have one (or more) of 360 sets.

We old-timers know that Bill & Nancy would have had the left-overs crushed rather than being made available through this channel. But times have changed (a lot) as Dennis has noted.

Those of you still collecting have very rare pieces -- among the most limited of LEs ever made and those that bought them in association with your cruise also have the memories that will last a lifetime.

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203780 06/26/11 08:50 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Loon, You CANNOT be serious! Does ANYONE actually believe that LHD will NOT discount the cruise lights????? After all the shoddy treatment they have displayed lately, surely they will have them at 40% off before Christmas! And that, in my opinion, is an optimistic forecast!

Angels Gate
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203782 06/27/11 12:28 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Angels Gate, my hope is that they are never discounted. I know what could happen if they don't sellout soon.

Stan M
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203783 06/27/11 12:29 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
All post cruise order do not get free shipping.

Stan M
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203786 06/27/11 01:03 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
I believe Paul is very correct. The people that made statements as to exclusivity made them believing them to be true. Be grateful that the powers made only 360 . . . Quite honestly, did anyone really believe that extras would not be sold? I am a little surprised that they were dumped, as Hilary noted, before cruisers had unpacked.

Angels, I doubt they will have to discount them. There appears to be enough interest that the left-overs will be sold at retail.

What interests me is Christopher's statement: "but have not received them yet even thought I was charged several weeks ago for them." This seems to indicate that he ordered them at around the time of the cruise, perhaps even before the cruise - in any case, prior to the public being notified of the availability.

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203790 06/27/11 10:01 AM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Back to the buttons - there is an 11th button. S.S. United States dinner. We enjoyed this dinner with Bob Taylor, Bob Ott and others, but missed great shots of Race Rock, and shots of Fisgard and Trial Islands from the water.

Laura
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: Dave H] #203792 06/27/11 10:36 AM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Dave H

What interests me is Christopher's statement: "but have not received them yet even thought I was charged several weeks ago for them." This seems to indicate that he ordered them at around the time of the cruise, perhaps even before the cruise - in any case, prior to the public being notified of the availability.

You are right Dave, it does not appear that Christopher was on the cruise, but he was able to purchase the lights before the ship sailed! (Only he can clarify this). As we were over 300 on the reunion I did not get to meet/know everyone.

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203793 06/27/11 11:06 AM
Cana Fan Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I took a quick look and didn't see them on the LHD website, maybe they are gone or I just missed them..

MW

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: Cana Fan] #203794 06/27/11 12:14 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Cana Fan
I took a quick look and didn't see them on the LHD website, maybe they are gone or I just missed them..

MW

Still there under Harbour Lights - Other:
http://www.lighthousedepot.com/20th-anniversary-alaskan-replica-set/p/42823/

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203796 06/27/11 02:39 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Like Loon, I would like to see them sell out all the Cruise lights before they have to discount them, for the sake of those who bought them for full price under the impression that only cruise participants could get them. But let's all keep in mind that there were perfectly acceptable ways for a non-cruiser to get a set of the cruise lights even before LHD/HL offered them. Some of the cruisers bought sets for friends who could not go on the cruise, and at least a few people here on the Forums ASKED cruisers to do it for them. I don't see a problem with this at all. I do, however think people have good reason to be disappointed in the LHD/HL folks for what they are doing now. It seems they could have given the cruisers a certain amt of time to purchase extras (for Christmas gifts or whatever) after the cruise, and when that time was up, THEN offer them to the public. I think PR would have been better that way, and no one would feel betrayed.

Angels Gate
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203797 06/27/11 05:38 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
From a person that was not able to go on the cruise, but, was able to purchase a set of lights from someone that went, I don't see what all the fuss is about. As Angels Gate posted above, anybody that wasn't able to go on the cruise could have posted that they were interested in purchasing a set as several people did. Anybody that did go on the cruise had the chance to buy a second set (if attending by themselves) or could buy 4 sets total (if attending with their spouse). This is based on the statement in the original rules and regulations (Para. 5) sent out by Harbour Lights (Rod Hunt) on March 29th and I quote: "5. After April 20, 2011 requests for a second set will be considered subject to availability."

It doesn't get any more clear than the above and ANYONE that did not take advantage of this should not be complaining since only approximately 150+ sets were sold. Harbour Lights is fighting for their life to stay above water and as I stated earlier "MONEY TALKS". To have approximately 200 sets left over is a big loss in these "hard money" times. I also want everyone to remember one thing and that is the collectors on this Forum are only a minor impact on the total scheme of things when compared to the non-Forum members that collect.

I applaude HLs and Tony for trying their darndest to stay afloat and not let 200+ sets sit and collect dust in the warehouse when they can strike while the iron's hot. And just out of curiosity, how many of the cruise attendees did buy more than one set? Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by flacoastie; 06/27/11 05:42 PM.

Rich
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203799 06/27/11 07:06 PM
Wacko
Wacko
This is the first we've heard any info. about sets sold and sets left over. Could you share where this info. came from?

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203801 06/27/11 08:32 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I don't begrudge HL trying to keep themselves in business, what bothers me is the lack of communication and incorrect communications being sent out. This is about false expectations being set, folks are upset that the communication that was sent out prior said the pieces would only be available to reunion attendees. If the communication had said that the pieces would be offered to attendees first, but after the event any unsold pieces would be made available to the general buying public then no false expectations would have been set.

IMO

Rich's post is the first I have seen of how many pieces were made and how many were actually sold to reunion attendees.

Melody
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203802 06/27/11 09:37 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
My number are just my approximate numbers sold based on past reunions where 500 - 700 attendees were present. I believe that the below number of attendees and pieces produced are approximate and please correct me if I'm wrong:

New Point Loma - 600 attendees with 950 lights produced
Rose Island - 500 attendees with 700 lights produced
Hoopers Strait - 700 attendees with 900 lights produced
Waugoshance - 600 attendees with 900 lights produced

So, if approximately 300 attendees (with familly and kids) attended this reunion and there were 360 lights produced, I calculate based on the past numbers that 150+ light sets were sold. This calculation is also based on the secondary market, the fact that there were 3 lighthoues to buy instead of only one and the state of the current economy. I would also venture to guess that only 1/4 of the collectors (75) bought more then 1 set and that 1/3 (100) of the collectors bought 1 set. That's how I came up with 150+ sets out of 360 being sold. All this is conjecture on my part based on the number of autoship collectors left, the number of Wisconsin Points ($60.00 instead of $340.00) that are left and the number of serious collectors left based on edition sizes (1200) of newly produced lighthouses.

If your truly interested in what the actual number of sales were, email Tony or Don and ask them. You should also email Don and ask him why the decision was made to sell to the general public or call 1-800-365-1219 because I truly believe Tony had no say so in this decision.

Rich
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: flacoastie] #203803 06/27/11 09:40 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: flacoastie
From a person that was not able to go on the cruise, but, was able to purchase a set of lights from someone that went, I don't see what all the fuss is about. As Angels Gate posted above, anybody that wasn't able to go on the cruise could have posted that they were interested in purchasing a set as several people did. Anybody that did go on the cruise had the chance to buy a second set (if attending by themselves) or could buy 4 sets total (if attending with their spouse). This is based on the statement in the original rules and regulations (Para. 5) sent out by Harbour Lights (Rod Hunt) on March 29th and I quote: "5. After April 20, 2011 requests for a second set will be considered subject to availability."

It doesn't get any more clear than the above and ANYONE that did not take advantage of this should not be complaining since only approximately 150+ sets were sold. Harbour Lights is fighting for their life to stay above water and as I stated earlier "MONEY TALKS". To have approximately 200 sets left over is a big loss in these "hard money" times. I also want everyone to remember one thing and that is the collectors on this Forum are only a minor impact on the total scheme of things when compared to the non-Forum members that collect.

I applaude HLs and Tony for trying their darndest to stay afloat and not let 200+ sets sit and collect dust in the warehouse when they can strike while the iron's hot. And just out of curiosity, how many of the cruise attendees did buy more than one set? Any input would be appreciated.

The lights were promoted as EXCLUSIVE FOR CRUISE ATTENDEES - false advetising as they are now being offered to general public. This is the main reason people are upset.

This is from the post on page two by Middle I-Land MI Max:

From: Tony J. Constantino (tconstantion@harbourlights.com 4-20-2011 "Harry has 'built' three outstanding replicas to celebrate Harbour Lights' 20th year!" "Remember the replicas have been 'built' for those Collectors and Lighthouse Enthusiasts who are Registered Guests on the Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Reunion Alaska Cruise! "EXCLUSIVE AND LIMITED!"

Last edited by HCS; 06/27/11 09:42 PM.
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203804 06/27/11 09:54 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Could it possibly be that we gave HL the impression that more of us were going to attend the reunion cruise?

Did we falsely advertise ourselves???

Last edited by Lighthouse Loon; 06/27/11 09:55 PM.

Stan M
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: Lighthouse Loon] #203805 06/27/11 10:00 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: Lighthouse Loon
Could it possibly be that we gave HL the impression that more of us were going to attend the reunion cruise?

Did we falsely advertise ourselves???

I believe they thought everyone attending would purchase at least one set. This was not the case, many attendees did not buy the set.

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203806 06/27/11 10:20 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Out of idle curiosity, does anyone understand the logic behind 'burying' the Cruise Lights among the coffee cups on the LHD website? If they are so anxious to sell the remaining sets, how does this make any sense?

Angels Gate
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203810 06/28/11 01:00 AM
L
Lynne Offline
L
I was at the auction and this is what I wrote down. Melody was pretty close.

Two gold lights were auctioned - Detroit River and Loon Island. The Detroit River went for $650 and Loon Island was $1200.

One 458 West Quoddy GLOW was auctioned at $500.

A Minot's Ledge (I Love You version) AP was auctioned for $500.

A non-produced different version of Alligator Reef FL was auctioned and went for $1025.

The winning bid of $4500 went for a different version of Gurnet Plymouth MA.

Lynne

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203812 06/28/11 01:27 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Rich, your figures are flawed significantly. At Mackinac, I limited participation to 400 people. A total of 519 full size Waugoshance replicas were sold.

When you have to produce pieces ahead of time, it is always a judgement call on how many to produce. That is why orders are taken well in advance. Some extras are ordered to hopefully accommodate late registrants. If there are a few left over they are offered to attendees who may not have purchased their allowed number. After all, people have had to purchase the pieces sight unseen on the good faith that only they will be able to purchase them.

Can't speak definitively for the first 3 reunions as I wasn't involved in their production. However, I do believe your numbers are also somewhat off there. The Providence and Baltimore reunions each had about 800 attendees as I recall.

What has happened in this case is a situation where the ownership of HL has undercut the trust of their collector, of the people that spent money to go on the cruise and purchase what they thought would be an exclusive light.

Previous reunion exclusives were not sold to non-attendees by HL itself. From the founder's collection and the leftover bin there have been some NPL pieces sold. There may have been a few Rose Island and Hooper Island pieces in there, too. HL offered a non-attendee version of the Providence and Baltimore pieces. The Providence one was, IMO, an embarrassment because there really wasn't any significant difference from the attendee version (paint, as I recall). The Baltimore non-attendee light was the same light but in a significantly different design.

There was no non-attendee piece offered for Mackinac. All the attendee pieces were sold only to attendees as far as I know. The mini was produced in a quantity of 450 (the extras being the 'just in case' lights). I controlled every one of the extras. Some were given to those at the hotel staff or others that helped to make the reunion a success. Some I have donated as prizes or to groups as fund raisers. I never publicly offered any of them for sale, out of respect for those that did attend. My selling them would have undercut the ability of attendees to sell their spouse's mini to help offset their cost of attending. (Yes, I made sure everyone got a mini as part of their registration as well as 9 thumbnails. The first 3 reunions saw each attendee receive a mini and 4 thumbnails.)

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203825 06/28/11 01:45 PM
Tony C Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Good Tuesday Morning!

To all of you that ordered the set of Alaskan Replicas, Harbour Lights began to ship them to Collectors of Friday June 24th There were several considerations and the when: first, we needed to wait for the signatures from Bill, Nancy and Harry to be received in west Kennebunk secondly, this is ME some of our staff has vacation time and we worked as fast as we could to pack and get the sets out, to the best of my knowledge sets are still being shipped as I write this post!

To those who are questioning, why my account was charged at the time of ordering, Customer service and I did tell Collectors they would be charged at the time of order.

Now to address the issue at hand.

Perhaps, Harbour Lights could have or should have waited before "going Public" with the sale of the three Alaskan Replicas; however, it would not have changed the decision to "go public". In the most simple of terms, the "supply was greater than demand".

In my evaluation of the attendees of the Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Reunion Alaska Cruise between 45-50% are no longer active Harbour Lights collectors. Yes, there was no question of the quality or craftsmanship of the replicas it was a matter of space and time.

In making the decision to "go public", we are offering the Alaskan Replicas Set to the entire Harbour Lights Family of Collectors and Enthusiasts!

Remember the only signed sets are those that were ordered by Harbour Lights 20th Anniversary Alaska Cruise attendees.

As always, you can write me at:

tconstantino@harbourlights.com

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203826 06/28/11 02:12 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Don't look now, folks, but if they are bought in the next four days, the Cruise Lights will be shipped FREE.

Angels Gate
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203828 06/28/11 06:22 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Dave - The numbers for the actual attendees are probably high and I know now that my number for the Waugoshance piece is way high now that I read the product list number, but, according to the product list the numbers for the NPL, Rose and Hooper are correct as I listed. I think, based on what the product list has that the list may have the quantities backwards:

HL689 Waugoshance, MI 2005 Reunion Ex Mini 08/01/05 Gift 519
HL690 Waugoshance, MI 2005 Reunion Ex 08/01/05 Gift 450

Again, these were only my guesses.

Last edited by flacoastie; 06/28/11 06:25 PM.

Rich
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203845 06/29/11 03:42 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Originally Posted By: CAVR
After waiting for several weeks, both society pieces finally arrived at my door last evening inside a huge box with the Alaskan Reunion Set and some nice pillows! Very nice......

Thank You!

Did anyone who actually went on the cruise receive their set of Alaska Reunion Pieces? I know I did not!

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203859 06/30/11 12:52 PM
R
rgurskey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
R
Nor have I.

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203873 06/30/11 09:07 PM
2beacons Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Our reunion pieces along with the stickers came today. They are very nice.

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203899 07/01/11 07:20 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
A set made it to Indy today, I love the certificate that Harry came up with for the lighthouses..

I bought the extra set to put in the closet for a while until I figure out what I am going to do with them.. Maybe raise money for the club or maybe Christmas presents for members of the family that went on the cruise, but don't collect lighthouses..

They will go on the shelf right below the matched set of #14 White Hull and Red Hull Icebreaker Mackinaw AB118 Ships that have been sitting there since 2006, until I figure it out for them also..

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203900 07/01/11 08:31 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Sue and I enjoyed the Cruise immensely. It was great spending time with all of our lighthouse friends in such a beautiful setting as the Inside Passage.

It was also great spending time with Bill, Nancy, Harry, Tori Dawn, Tony, Don and Leslie on the Cruise.

I think Rod did a wonderful job of both planning and orchestrating the Reunion on the Cruise. People could do as much as they wanted or just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I know that all of our family members who went along on the Cruise also enjoyed it as much as Sue and I did.

I also want to thank Derith for putting together a wonderful pre-cruise tour of Washington lighthouses. We went all over the place getting up close and personal with the WA lighthouses with some great friends.

Paul & Sue

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: WackoPaul] #203913 07/02/11 01:36 AM
Lightseeker Offline
Wacko
Wacko
We received our set of the Reunion pieces today; set #87. They are magnificent, but we already knew that from seeing them on the cruise.

We had a wonderful time at what was our first reunion. Hope it's not the last!

Back on the topic of collectables at the reunion, I really liked the thumbnails:

Attached Files
Thumbnails.jpg (205 downloads)
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203959 07/06/11 06:14 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Just found out why I have not received my Alaska lights. HL shipped them to my old address, even though the work order has my new address!! Talk about adding insult to injury

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #203968 07/07/11 01:54 PM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We received our Alaska sets (#36, 37), 2011-12 society pieces, and Founders Collction order on 7/1. Two big boxes on the porch. Thankfully, it did not rain.

I liked Harry's take on the Point Retreat thumbnail, You just need a thumb like Andre the Giants.

For those who are wondering, our founders collection pieces are:
Eldred Rock, AK - #7
Thomas Point, MD - #8
New Dungeness, WA - #9
West Point, Canada - #3
Two Harbors, MN - #5

We really enjoyed our first cruise and are looking forward to doing more in the future. Rod did a great job setting up and organizing everything.

It was absolutely wonderful to spend time with Bill, Nancy, Harry and Tori Dawn and all our lighthouse friends from around the country.

Last edited by Rrronne; 07/07/11 01:55 PM.

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #204025 07/12/11 10:30 PM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm not sure why I just received a box of goodies from the Reunion as I wasn't able to go...I signed up initially but had to cancel...now I have all this stuff that I don't really deserve to get!

Re: Harbour Lights collectables at the Reunion [Re: DANIEL] #204026 07/13/11 12:21 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Wow !!! Rock, somebody must like you. I signed, but had to cancel also, but no one sent me any goodies. I would feel the same way as you.

Stan M

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 929 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users