Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Opportunity Drawing has begun #198457 04/20/09 09:22 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
On behalf of the Opportunity Drawing committee, I would like to congratulate Jones Point on getting the most votes from our Forums members. As a result of the vote, Jones Point will be getting the largest chunk of the money that is collected in this fundraiser.
The potential exists for this fundraiser to be the most successful one we have ever done. For the first time that I am aware of, we are opening up the fundraiser to others outside of the Forums. As you saw from the websites, each of these six lighthouses are in great need of funds to help in their preservation efforts. By opening this fundraiser to others outside of the Forums, we may be able to take in quite a tidy sum to help them, while spreading the word about the Collector Forums to others who don't know we even exist. If this fundraiser reaches the potential and has the success that we as committee members think it can, not only Jones Point will benefit, but, the POSSIBILITY exists that all of these lighthouses MAY be able to be helped in some way. That, I think, is an exciting prospect!
The best part is, not only do these lighthouses win, but we're sure you're going to be thrilled with the prizes that are available as we hit each fund raising goal. I'd like to thank all of our donors in coming up with these exceptional prizes.
All of the info about how the drawing will work and what you have to do to participate is contained at the following link. Good luck, and thank you all in advance for your help in preserving these national treasures!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/opportunity_drawing/header.html

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: The Opportunity Drawing has begun #198458 04/21/09 10:37 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Wow, those are some really nice prizes !!!

Good luck to us all, and for a really nice cause !!!

Many Thanks to Roland for kicking this off !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: The Opportunity Drawing has begun #198459 04/22/09 09:00 AM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Here's another way CF members can contribute to this drawing.
For every LE, GLOW, Anchor Bay ship or available retired LE of $50.00 or more purchased from The Cape Cod Store.com, I will personally donate $10.00 in your name to the CF Lighthouse Fund. That $10.00 donation will entitle the purchaser to 3 chances in the drawing. Just another way to help while keeping your collection going.
Just be sure, when ordering, to post "CF Lighthouse Fund" and your CF login name into the general comments on the checkout page.
This offer is good only for CF members.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: The Opportunity Drawing has begun #198460 07/26/09 03:30 PM
kory63 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Deadline is less than a month away and only $795.00 confused confused collected so far! This DISAPPOINTS cheers cheers
Rick

Re: The Opportunity Drawing has begun #198461 07/26/09 05:51 PM
B
Bronze Lady Offline
Dealer
Dealer
B
I'm a worn out puppy.... having just completed all the shipping and cleaning in the back room from a very successful event yesterday with Bill. So why am I mentioning this in THIS thread??? As many of you know, I held a drawing for an HL 124, Flag # 9 in the store yesterday. I collected $155.00 which I will send to whereever I'm suppose to send it to. Roland, if you'd like to email me with who to make the check to and where to send it, I'll have it on the way tomorrow.

The Split Rock was won by a gentleman named Dimarco. Think his first name was Mike but I don't know him.

Thanks for all who participated.

Terry
The Bronze Lady of Orlando
www.bronzelady.com
Re: The Opportunity Drawing has begun #198462 07/26/09 07:08 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks, Terry for doing this for the Forums..

When I was talking to Bill today at today's event, he said that your Bill Event was very successful. He said he saw a lot of familiar faces there, also..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: The Opportunity Drawing has begun #198463 07/26/09 07:14 PM
Weasel58 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Dom Dimarco is his name and Split Rock happens to be his favorite lighthouse. Dom is a member of the Tampa Bay HLCC.

Terry Thanks for a wonderful event. It was good to see Bill and some of the old Florida HL collectors again. Also got to put a few faces to forum members.

Eric
Re: The Opportunity Drawing has begun #198464 07/26/09 07:25 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
With the $155 that Terry took in at his signing added to the $795 that we have collected thru our regular donations to the Opportunity Drawing, we now have $950 raised. This puts us in the the $800 garanteed tier of prizes and only $150 away from the $1,100 garanteed prize tier.

We have less then 3 weeks left till we hit the August 15th deadline to receive donations for the drawing. Those of you that are procrastinating better get it in gear and send in your donations. Remember, ALL ON THE DONATIONS received will be given for the lighthouse preservation effort so now is the time to send off your donations before it is too late.

Rich

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,389 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users