Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Newbie Question #18020 04/21/04 03:32 PM
C
CanaLover Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I am new to this site. I just got done reading about becoming a Harbour Lights Collectors Society Member. Is everyone a member to that society? I just got some information on a club in my state and am a little confussed now. Please help.

Jessie
Re: Newbie Question #18021 04/21/04 03:44 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Jessie,

Not everyone is a member of the HL Collectors Society, but it is a good deal. For your annual membership of $39 (new this year), you get a free lighthouse sculpture exclusive to the society, and also get a quarterly news magazine (Lightholuse Legacy). Your first year you will receive a binder to keep your Lighthouse Legacies in, from then on you get a print of the society exclusive light. As a society member, you can also purchase a society exclusive redemption piece and ornament (which is the previous year's exclusive piece.) You can find more info about the society here .

There are also clubs around the country. Many are primarily collector clubs, but there are also those that are actively involved in hands on lighthouse preservation and activities. (Almost every one of the many HL clubs does financially support lighthouse preservation through gifts to one or more lights that their club may support.) In your case the closest club is the Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD), which is a reincarnation of a previous club. Members of this club have been very active in their support of the Pottawatomie Light's restoration. Former club president Jim Johnston is known far and wide for his dedication to the work at this light.

You can't go wrong getting involved in either group!

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,291 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users