Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The times, they are a changin Poll #189113 07/25/10 11:47 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
This poll will help me understand where the interests are in the Harbour Lights Collectors Forum and will help to answer some of the questions I asked in my Fog Signal Building post entitled the same. I don't really expect too many will respond to my post in the Fog Signal Building Forum, but, this is a simple poll that most people will take the time to answer. Hopefully, with this polls, I will then understand better where the Collectors Forums is headed. Please take the time to answer these questions as honestly as possible.

Rich
Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189114 07/25/10 12:44 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I think for Question #3 you should only be able to select one choice.

Since I recently stopped my autoship I had to answer "I only collect what interests me", but I'm still buying everything anyway.

If my income continues to improve, I think I'm headed back to having the autoship again. Even if Harry & Harbour Lights continues to snub New Jersey lighthouses.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189115 07/25/10 10:28 PM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I couldn't answer #4 correctly. I found the forum because of Harbour Lights. I joined because of the lighthouse information. I do collect Harbour lights, but if that was the only information here, I would have only looked.

Laura
Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189116 07/26/10 01:26 AM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by wvlights0:
I couldn't answer #4 correctly. I found the forum because of Harbour Lights. I joined because of the lighthouse information. I do collect Harbour lights, but if that was the only information here, I would have only looked.
I agree with Laura. No choice on #4 for those of us who are interested in both HL's and lighthouses in general.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189117 07/26/10 03:53 PM
R
rgurskey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
R
I guess I cannot participate in this poll because none of the answers to question 8 apply to me, and I cannot submit my other answers unless I answer all questions.

Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189118 07/26/10 04:00 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Originally posted by rgurskey:
I guess I cannot participate in this poll because none of the answers to question 8 apply to me, and I cannot submit my other answers unless I answer all questions.
Ditto here. I'm not committing to anything but continuing to enjoy and participate in the forums as I see fit.

Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189119 07/26/10 05:51 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Sorry everyone, the poll can't me modified once it is posted.

Rich
Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189120 07/27/10 12:03 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I agree, the poll is a little fuzzy on its "defined" answers which one can choose, perhaps fill in the blanks would be better, but I went ahead anyhow and answered as close to as possible.

I found Question No. 5 interesting. If you look at the results, there is a unanimous 100% agreement that the COLLECTORS FORUM is a valid resourceful tool.

Don't event think about discontinuing it!

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189121 07/28/10 12:30 AM
silverfox51 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Well folks, I don't want to a jerk, but just what is there to write about Harbour Lights. We get pictures of new releases, great pictures by the way, then we wait for months to get the pieces. Then wait again for the next release and the same thing. I get more of a thrill out of who won the basket each month from Roland.

We used to hear about finds, and searches, and trips that led to purchases not just seeing lights. Yes it is important to see and support the lights but Harbour Lights used to be the focus. We used to hear about Ebay and what was there and how much the pieces were and who got them. Haven't heard about Ebay reports in quite awhile and I really don't want to belly ache about my personal issues with them. And how about history of Harbour Lights? Did history go away with the Youngers?

I know the economy sucks just now and probably will for awhile more. I've had to cut back too, but I still am interested in the hunt. I really like to find a piece for the price I can afford but it's getting harder because nobody talks about it any more. I hear a lot of complaints about what has closed but nothing about who is open and who has pieces and what they are.

I'm looking forward to the reunion for the commaradarie with those around me with similar interests and just having fun. I've never been on a cruise before and its probably the only way I will ever get to Alaska, and I get to do it with great people.

The forums are the forums, a place that started out to discuss and I'm sure to promote Harbour Lights. And it has evolved over time to something more, an exchange of information around lighthouses in general and much more. I find it a great source for information about many things. Granted, it may have slipped on Harbour Lights issues but there is still alot of other great stuff. Maybe we should look at what it is and what it has and enjoy and appreciate that, then look at what can be done about the Harbour Lights piece.

Keep the lights shining!!!

Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189122 07/31/10 05:15 PM
kory63 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I agree with many of the comments about the difficulty in answering some of the poll questions! However, if I've read Rich correctly in his past and present posts, I believe he is looking for information that will guide him and other Forum members to keep the Forums active, informative, sustaining and GROWING!
Like many who have commented I found the Forums AFTER finding Harbour Lights which began my interests in LHs. I was buying all the LE's and Special Pieces(including some LLs). I found out about autoship through the Forums and was briefly on an autoship! Because of a changing health status and limited space I have dropped the autoship and have cut way back on what I buy (what I like(Maine Lights) and the special pieces)!! I can forsee the time I will stop buying anything! BUT, thanks to HLs I found the Forums and will continue to go to the site daily and post when I find a topic I wish to comment on, or to ask a question and to welcome new members,(hopefully more often than my poll response)!
The Forums has been a place for me to find out more about LHs,& HLs! The collective knowledge found here has been invaluable to my growing interests in LHs and HLs! But, MOST importantly are the GREAT cheers cheers
Rick

Re: The times, they are a changin Poll #189123 07/31/10 05:20 PM
kory63 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I just realized that this was probably my most opinionated post and , with a little better planning, could have made me a super WACKO! Ah, well there is still the future!
Rick

Moderated by  Bob M 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 858 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users