cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bodie, NC for critique #179123 05/21/02 09:26 PM
Handyman Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is another shot up for critique. How could this be improved? I love this light's setting, and I think it would lend itself to some really nice shots. This was taken from the highway. Caution if you pull over on the shoulder there- you can sink up to your hubcaps in sand and muck...

Here's my opinion:
-For once, I did not overzoom which I guess is good. Maybe I should have filled a little more of the screen to enlarge the egrets. I didn't want to lose the foreground, though. The focus is much sharper than the scan indicates, except for the grass in the foreground.

-I would have loved a more dramatic sky, but I have never, EVER seen one at Bodie. Currituck, blazing sun. Drive to Bodie, clouds set in. Drive to Hatteras, blazing sun. Drive back to Bodie, more clouds. Not even nice, dramatic cumulus clouds, just those crappy hazy ones! This has become a standing joke in my family. Is that place cursed?

-I don't know if I like the depth of field or not. I have a similar picture with a smaller f-stop that has more depth of field, but it looks strange to me, somewhat "flat".

If I had it to do over, I would probably zoom a little more and wait till sunset on a nice day!

Chris

[This message has been edited by Hanifich (edited 05-21-2002).]

Re: Bodie, NC for critique #179124 05/22/02 12:00 AM
B
Bud Schrader Offline
Wacko
Wacko
B
Chris, I have some shots from the same perspective, and also some from the parking area. Used a tripod- but I have NO good shots of this light. So don't feel alone. There is a lack of color, I sure have a hard time on dreary days too.
Bud

Bud
Re: Bodie, NC for critique #179125 05/22/02 12:35 AM
Handyman Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Bud- I'm glad the curse isn't just on me! Next year I swear I'll catch this thing on slide film with some vivid greens and a nice orange sunset reflecting off that marsh...

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,201 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users