Next Thread
Print Thread
March Legacy has arrived !!! #15616 03/20/10 01:05 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Yesterday the latest Lighthouse Legacy arrived in my email bin. cool

Still need to read, but gave it a quick scan. Looks like some great info to read.

I got excited about the Hooper Island piece, but came back down to earth when I realized it was only a LLOM. frown I wish HL would release a regular sized LE with every one of these LLOM's! anger There are many many collectors that don't collect LLOM's. :rolleyes:

Anyway.... looking forward to reading the entire Legacy today !!! laugh

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: March Legacy has arrived !!! #15617 03/21/10 02:05 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Yes, I too am excited about Hooper Island. You are right also, in that I would of prefered a LE, but I will take any Chesapeake Bay light in any form.

Re: March Legacy has arrived !!! #15618 03/21/10 02:50 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
For those of you that are members of the Collector's Society and receive the Legacy that HLs(Tony) puts out quarterly, there was a good article on the Collectors Forums. Tony gave good information about the Forums and what we acomplish on the Forums along with how to join. I sure hope this helps to bring in new members and maybe revive some of the older members.

Rich
Re: March Legacy has arrived !!! #15619 03/21/10 06:58 PM
SDudley Offline
Wacko
Wacko
The article was a good start. I say the only thing that will truly help this site is to get the link put back on the Harbour Lights web site. This site has struggled since it was removed in my opinion.

Re: March Legacy has arrived !!! #15620 03/22/10 06:21 PM
Angels Gate Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Yes, our forum's link from the HL website should definitely be there! And I have mentioned elsewhere that the HL site really does need some TLC. Years 1997 & 1998 links are broken and numerous technical errors are noticeable.

All new Forum members (and visitors) should be able to access a link from the "Welcome Mat" to read a recent release of the Lighthouse Legacy. I believe this would increase our membership! Also, there should be information about the HL Collectors Guide immediately available, either in a FAQ file for new members/visitors or by link. This would also increase interest. I didn't know of it until I visited the HL website and found the link to a 3-page demo. Once you see that demo you will want to buy the guide. Of course you couldn't order it, but a "google" search led me to various dealer's websites (I believe LHD still has it for $18.88). This book was the best Harbour Light buy that I have made. I own three! Perhaps we should have a link in the Forum to the HL page with the demo! towel

Angels Gate
Re: March Legacy has arrived !!! #15621 03/23/10 05:45 PM
L
lgthouselady Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
I am new so don't know how to post. I will try this and if I need some pointers, let me know. My Lighthouse Legacy also arrived in my email inbox. That is how I found out about this site. Can't believe I didn't know about this site before. I'm a charter member of HL Collector's Society and we have been to one Regional Event in Portland Maine three years ago. We have lived in the Phoenix, AZ area for 6 yrs,down from Seattle, WA.area for most of my life.

Re: March Legacy has arrived !!! #15622 03/23/10 05:54 PM
L
lgthouselady Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
I am so happy I found this site. I thought I was crazy last year when I kept looking for the Regional HL Event and I would be told, next week, next week, at least in two weeks, etc. I talked with both Tony, to whom I offered to help do whatever was necessary to make this happen, and I also talked with Dave H. who said he would help be willing to help.Then there was the HL Regional Event piece released, which I bought, which really made me feel crazy because I thought if they make a piece surely that means there will be an Event.

Re: March Legacy has arrived !!! #15623 03/23/10 06:46 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi lghouselady! Welcome to the Forums! You are amongst friends! Though we are not crazy, we are Wackos!

Post 50 times (you'd be surprised how quickly they add up) and you too will become a Wacko. laugh

Melody

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,474 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users