cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Foreign/Pharos ????? #15285 08/07/02 02:34 AM
TD Offline OP
OP Offline
After the frenzy to buy the Pharos, is HL's ever going to make another foreign lighthouse? I love the Pharos lights and really enjoyed Bremerhaven. I realize some people aren't crazy about lights outside of the US, but there are some beautiful lights all around the world. If you could pick just one foreign light what would it be?

My pick - The Lanterna, Genoa Italy

Re: Foreign/Pharos ????? #15286 08/07/02 12:20 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I love the Pharos collection and hope that they might make another batch. My personal opinion and gut feeling is that they won't due to the fact that I feel the American collectors bought the majority of the Pharos pieces and that it wasn't profitable for HL to produce such a small quantity of these pieces for the European Market. My opinion only.

As for the International series, I agree that there are some beautiful lighthouses out there but I don't think that they are as popular as the American Lighthouses for collectible purposes. One a year would be my guess but my guess isn't worth much because I don't think we've had one for 2002 yet or has my old age played a trick on me?

I suppose my choice would be either Cape Forchu, Nova Scotia or Kannonzaki, Japan. These are pictured in the Lighthouse Depot catalog from other vendors but I like the looks of them.

Rich cool

Rich
Re: Foreign/Pharos ????? #15287 08/07/02 11:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't HL's intention to produce a small quanity, As far as who bought them - I don't think that will factor into HL ever trying to start a line over seas again, with only about 400 or so sets they never had a chance to catch on, I think if thay had been able to have a full production run and see if they were popular or not.....

I did ask Bill a couple years ago if the Pharo's would be continued and he told me that they would not be continued. Maybe sometime HL will try again with another line.... only Bill, no Kim knows.

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users