Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Insuring Harbor Lights #14107 10/19/01 09:03 PM
A
Amy S Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I have a question which I hope someone will be able to help me with. I have quite a few Harbour Lights (approximately 90), most of which I have insured. But I have some new ones, some of which are retired, and am trying to find out how much they're worth so I can let the insurance company know.

I have the old Harbour Lights book that was published in 1997 or so, but it seems so outdated that I don't necessarily trust the numbers in it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Insuring Harbor Lights #14108 10/20/01 01:38 AM
RRohweder Offline
Welcome to the forums Amy. My insurance company doesn't even ask the value of my individual lights because their value fluctuates up and down so much (mostly down of late). Replacing broken lights will vary in cost by their availability.

I keep a list of my collection and establish a value by using the "Collector's Mart Price Guide to Limited Edition Collectibles" each year. I get that book from Amazon.com each January. It simply provides a figure to work with to establish an overall value of my collection and the Collectibles Insurance Agency establishes my premiums from that.

They're only numbers, and my lighthouses are priceless to me. Good luck.

Rich

------------------

Re: Insuring Harbor Lights #14109 10/22/01 03:47 AM
RezmanDale Offline
Rich,

Thanks for the info on the Collector's Mart price guide. I haven't heard of that one before. Who puts it out? Do you feel that their prices are accurate or are they overstated like the 98 Collector's Value Guide?

|8-{0

Re: Insuring Harbor Lights #14110 10/22/01 11:45 PM
RRohweder Offline
Hi Dale,

OK, the cover reads: 2001 Collector's Mart Price Guide to Limited Edition Collectibles.
Current values for Limited Edition Figurines + Ornaments + Dolls & Plush + Prints + Plates + Cottages + Steins + Bells.
Edited by Mary L. Sieber and the staff of Collector's Mart magazine.

Hope that helps. I noticed a fair drop in prices from the 1999 to 2001 books, so I think they are trying to accurately reflect the market. Of course, as the other collectors on the forum will reiterate, the lighthouses are only worth as much as someone will pay for them. And as I said in my earlier post, mine are priceless to me and I won't ever sell them. Of course, I have a few extras and variations. Time will tell on them.

Rich

------------------

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,979
Posts184,641
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, fiksegts), 1,192 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users