Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Burrows Island, OR #1243 09/10/03 10:05 PM
cclighthousebuff Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Would one of our in-house experts provide me with information about this piece. Do they pop up for sale from time to time? How many are estimated to exist? What other interesting tidbits surround this piece? Thanks in advance for your efforts. I know you won't let me down!! smile

Re: Burrows Island, OR #1244 09/10/03 10:52 PM
Dick Johnson Offline
Although I don't recall any showing up for sale this year through the "normal" markets (eBay, secondary retailers, etc.) in the past there has usually been several a year show up. I was able to get mine off eBay about 3 years ago, and I have talked to others that have had similar luck when they made up their minds to find one. Since there is supposedly less than 550 of these out there, that is a pretty good availability rate. Most people seem willing to settle for the "regular" piece with the WA correction and give up an OR error as long as they have a piece, if the price is right.

With the state of the economy at the present, and if you are serious about getting one and have the funds available, you might want to post a "looking for" request on the New Marketplace and chances are someone may be willing to sell, or know someone willing to sell. When I sought a Coquille piece a few years ago, I posted a interest request, and it lead to about 8 offers to sell and I finally took one that combined the opportunity to pick up a #102 mold 1 Cape Hatteras. It seems there is always someone willing to sell, if you are willing to pay.

Re: Burrows Island, OR #1245 09/11/03 09:52 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
There has been a few Burrows Island HL's offered on eBay this year. If my memory serves me correctly, they sold for bargain prices, around $150 or so. I paid $250 for mine several years ago.

I agree with the post above. Post something at the New Marketplace here at the CF, and see if anyone contacts you. Your connection, via the CF, to all the connected collectors is a great asset when it comes to finding those pieces you need to fill in the empty spots in your collection.

smile Bob smile

Re: Burrows Island, OR #1246 09/13/03 08:57 PM
cclighthousebuff Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Thank you for the response and the suggestion. I am serious and I will post it. Thanks folks.

cool Bob smile

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,301 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users