Print Thread
Canadian Sticker #134123 02/22/04 11:09 PM
W
Walt Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
W
For all you experts on HL pieces,I just purchased a Grosse Point with a Canadian sticker that just says made in Canada in red letters, and is 5/8" wide by 3/4" long. My other pieces made in Canada do not have this type of sticker. Do any of you collectors have a sticker of this type on any of your pieces? I only know of two types of stickers, the rectangular one and the round one,which both have the red maple leaf on them.

Re: Canadian Sticker #134124 02/23/04 11:57 PM
Dick Johnson Offline
Walt.

It sounds like you have several Canadian pieces but are focusing on only 1 thing. Basically there were 4 different Canadian stickers that were placed on pieces.

1. Rectangular sticker with "Made in Canda" (text only).
2. Round sticker with a Maple Leaf (no text).
3. Rectangular sticker with maple leaf & "Made in Canada" text.
4. Large round sticker with "Made in Canada" text.

However, many times the sticker has fallen off the pieces and you need to look at the other indicators of origin of production. Such things as the felt, details of windows and doors, paint, box, and production modifications (ie ventilator cap ring) will tell you if you have a true Canadian mold. Don't get so concerned about the sticker. Although it is nice to have, and probably add value to your piece, there are many other ways that will indicate a true Canadian. I find that the HL website, the 1998 Greenbook, and of course the forums, are the best way to seek information.

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 528 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users