Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Welcome Phillygirl #133098 11/25/10 11:38 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Welcome to the best lighthouse site on the web. We can always come up with an answer to your question or questions about Harbour Lights and we would appreciate any comments or ideas you have. So, don't hesitate to ask and we won't be bashful to answer and please give us your ideas on everything concerning lighthouses and associated topics.

Please take the time to tell us about yourself, your hobbies and your interests such as photography, reading, travelling and lighthouse activities. If your interested in postcards or games, we have internal Forums for exchanging postcards and playing lighthouse games. We also have an internal Forum for selling, buying and trading Harbour Lights products and we have a dealer Forum for our Dealers that are members to advertise their special and events.

Also, please check out our new Collector's Forums Exclusive from Harbour Lights made for and sold exclusively by our Forums. The price is $65.00 for one and $60.00 for each additional piece ordered at the same time($65.00 for one, $125.00 for two, $185.00 for three, etc.). Shipping costs are included in the prices. I will be giving you the information you need to order the Wisconsin Point Exclusive in a separate welcoming email or you may also contact me directly and I will furnish you with the information you need to order this exclusive piece.

The money that we raise selling this exclusive of 500 pieces is used to support our yearly Forums server cost and approximately 50% goes to lighthouse preservation. There is no money going to anyone on the Forums for their services in any form of gratuity. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

Rich
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133099 11/26/10 08:58 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome aboard, Phillygirl!

smile Bob

Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133100 11/26/10 05:16 PM
kory63 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
welcome to the Collector's Forums, Philly girl!
Hope you post often with your lighthouse questions, interests and adventures.
Rick

Last edited by Webmaster; 12/22/10 01:18 PM. Reason: Changed icon to "Welcome"
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133101 11/26/10 10:48 PM
docsweetie Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hello Phillygirl!

Welcome to the forums. It is a great place to find out all kinds of information about lighthouses and meet some wonderful people. There are excellent photographs posted on the website and good advice for travelers as well. Plus games and puzzles. You name it, it's here for you!

Enjoy!
Carol

docsweetie
From Grandkids: Aka Grandma Lighthouse
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133102 11/28/10 06:54 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Howdy Phillygirl,

Welcome aboard. It's great to see that you have elected to join the Collector Forums. Have fun and enjoy. You will meet many interesting fellow lighthousers along the way. If you have questions, just ask. Someone is bound to know the answers or will be able to accomplish the necessary research to discover the answers.

bobo

Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133103 11/28/10 07:22 PM
P
Phillygirl Offline
P
Oh, wow, I have scads of instant new friends, evidently! smile

I am a lighthouse freak, I've been to just about every one in NJ and PA even that new one in Tionesta two years ago. Imagine my non-lighthouse freak husband's dismay when his wife discovered a lighthouse in the middle of the Allegheny Wilds! I saw a few in California, a bunch of them in Maine, a few each in Delaware and Maryland and Virginia. I haven't gone below North Carolina, unfortunately. I've seen a few in Ohio and New York along Lake Erie as well.

We've been "camping" in State Park cabins for the past six years every September and usually head up to Erie on our vacation because that's where my daughter and three grandchildren live.

I collect the "Little Lights" because frankly I don't have the room or the money for the bigger ones.

And I only collect the Lights I've been to. Don't you people just hate it when some well-meaning friend or relative gives you a replica of a generic lighthouse or one you haven't been to?

I am a Featured Travel writer on Associated Content, which now makes me a "Yahoo Contributor" as they bought us out this year. Here's my Content Page and Profile if anyone's interested.
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/176819/patricia_sicilia.html

I am presently finishing up a series of articles about Erie's lighthouses and Presque Isle. They probably will be posted later this week.

I am a recovering amateur photographer (I joined a photo site last year with what I considered really cool pics, only to have them kindly ripped to shreds, so I just take them for my own pleasure now.)

I am the country western karoke queen of Northeast Philadelphia and starred as Golde in a local prodution of "Fiddler" a few years ago.

My hubby and I are involuntarily early retired, but I won't go into that!

Is that TMI?

Look forward to posting here. Thanks for the welcome.

(Hey, Bob, I know some Otts here in Philly. John (but everyone calls him Billy) Ott, and his brother Matthew, and their sisters Denise, Amy, Pat and I forget the other sister's name. Are you any relation?)

I'm not mad, I'm just from Philly! :)
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133104 11/28/10 09:28 PM
docsweetie Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Phillygirl,

Thanks for your information. We will enjoy hearing from you in your posts. Post often and keep in touch. I have been collecting HLs for about 12 years and I'm like you in that I am particular in what I want to collect - only HLs and LLOMs. My grandkids love my collection. The detail is great and they like pointing out the dogs and the snowmen and the ghosts (New Presque Isle). They love the Santa airplanes (I missed the opportunity to get the Xmas helicopter last year....) We hope you will be a frequent poster. I've been a lurker more than poster since my job situation has kept me in Kansas City for almost a year and a half. I am having significant lighthouse withdrawal pains! We are glad to have you join us and will look forward to your posts.

Carol

docsweetie
From Grandkids: Aka Grandma Lighthouse
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133105 11/28/10 10:07 PM
E
Ellie Offline
Wacko
Wacko
E
Hey Phillygirl,
Welcome to the forum. Some of the best ways to see real lights is to join some of the clubs and go on trips with them, i.e., New Jersey Lighthouse Society or USLHS - Chesapeake Chapter. My husband found the Chesapeake Chapter while he was following the progress of Cape Hattarus being moved back in 1999. There he found a trip the CC was running on his b'day so that's what we did for his b'day. It was a small trip...we drove to the park wherein Turkey Point is located. From there we drove to Havre de Grace and saw Concord Point. Then we got on a boat and went down the Chesapeake to Fishing Battery. We also got to see Turkey Point from the bay.

Ellie

Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133106 11/28/10 11:09 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Phillygirl - What part of Erie does your daughter live in? I'm originally from Girard but have lived in Milcreek between my enlistment in the Navy and Coast Guard which I stayed in for almost 19 years.

Rich
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133107 12/04/10 12:39 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
welcome Phillygirl !!!

Hope you enjoy the forums and post often.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions.

cheers

Last edited by Webmaster; 12/22/10 01:19 PM. Reason: Changed icon to "Welcome"
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133108 12/06/10 04:22 AM
P
Phillygirl Offline
P
Quote:
Originally posted by Ellie:
Hey Phillygirl,
Welcome to the forum. Some of the best ways to see real lights is to join some of the clubs and go on trips with them, i.e., New Jersey Lighthouse Society or USLHS - Chesapeake Chapter. My husband found the Chesapeake Chapter while he was following the progress of Cape Hattarus being moved back in 1999. There he found a trip the CC was running on his b'day so that's what we did for his b'day. It was a small trip...we drove to the park wherein Turkey Point is located. From there we drove to Havre de Grace and saw Concord Point. Then we got on a boat and went down the Chesapeake to Fishing Battery. We also got to see Turkey Point from the bay.

Ellie
Oh, wow, that's a thought. Are these bus trips? Because I don't drive and my hubby doesn't like to drive more than four hours anymore.

Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133109 12/06/10 04:24 AM
P
Phillygirl Offline
P
Quote:
Originally posted by flacoastie:
Phillygirl - What part of Erie does your daughter live in? I'm originally from Girard but have lived in Milcreek between my enlistment in the Navy and Coast Guard which I stayed in for almost 19 years.
She lives in Fairview, right below Millcreek, I believe.

We stay at a motel called the Vernondale in Milcreek when we visit. I know everyone makes fun of it because it's evidently the "fishermen's motel," but it's fifty bucks a night and clean with comfortable beds. What more do you want? Not like I'm doing anything but sleeping there!

Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133110 12/06/10 08:43 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I know Fairview very well as it is only 3 miles east of Girard on Route 20. Fairview was our biggest rival in all sports. In fact I went to 5th grade in Fairview before we moved to Girard. Fairview is about 10 miles west of Milcreek.

Rich
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133111 12/08/10 02:31 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Phillygirl,
I was just reading up on these posts and discovered that you are the author of an article I posted earlier to our website's Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Cape-Cod-Storecom/278582257531
It's gotten lots of play from the page. Nicely done!
And welcome to the Forums!!

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133112 12/11/10 12:17 PM
P
Phillygirl Offline
P
Wow, CapeCod Store, thanks loads! That explains the page view spike that day! Yes, I just posted that last week. I'm doing a series of travel articles on Erie Pa.

Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133113 12/11/10 12:20 PM
P
Phillygirl Offline
P
Quote:
Originally posted by flacoastie:
I know Fairview very well as it is only 3 miles east of Girard on Route 20. Fairview was our biggest rival in all sports. In fact I went to 5th grade in Fairview before we moved to Girard. Fairview is about 10 miles west of Milcreek.
I was driving through Girard late one September afternoon a few years ago, and caught the homecoming parade. It was a real hoot to me, because we don't have that kind of thing in Philly. The Homecoming Queen and her court were tossing candy out, the band was marching, the football team was on a hayrick, I think, but I could be wrong.

Small town America personified!

Re: Welcome Phillygirl #133114 12/11/10 11:05 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
And that is why I loved growing up in the small town(2,500) atmosphere.

Rich
Re: Welcome Phillygirl [Re: flacoastie] #199882 12/27/10 09:49 PM
P
Phillygirl Offline
P
test

Last edited by Phillygirl; 12/27/10 09:50 PM.

Moderated by  flacoastie 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 651 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users