cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Regional Events #127393 04/25/00 12:05 PM
hcorey Offline OP
OP Offline
Tell me about the upcoming Regional Events. Will the Event be held at a neutral sight, such as a hotel or motel? Will each Dealer have a table where you can pick up "Hatteras on the Move", then head over to the line where you can get Bill to sign it. Then what? Will there be other Harbour Lights displays? If it is held at a centerally located Dealer's Shop that would seem to be unfair to the other participating Dealers. Any clue as to how it is all going to work? What can we expect.

Harry

Re: Regional Events #127394 04/26/00 02:24 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Harry,

There has only been one regional event, the prototype/ experimental one last year in Atlanta. Obviously, HL felt the concept was effective and presented its family of collectors a great opportunity to meet Bill & the crew as well as fellow collectors. Below are some of the posts from last year dealing with this event:

Digger's original post...
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum25/HTML/000056.html

Here is an "after action" report from, I believe, Jim Rutherford with added commentary by many...
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/000501.html

It really sounds like a worthwhile event to attend if at all possible. I'm sure as details are worked out the will be publicized. You know how fast the word will be spread once the info hits the HL web page and the Collector's Forums!

Dave

Re: Regional Events #127395 04/26/00 06:59 PM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I just wish these "regional events" were more evenly spread out across the whole country. As it stands, the vast majority are along the coasts or great lakes. There are some significant areas with no event and collectors will have to travel a long ways to attend one. Quite a few collectors in these areas will miss out on seeing Bill and getting the event piece signed in person.

------------------
Randall Ronne

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: Regional Events #127396 04/26/00 08:32 PM
Art Offline
There are probably not enough HL Wackos inland to justify such an event, but I agree with Randall on the Bill-accessibility issue. It is well-nigh impossible for me to get to events from here near the demographic center of gravity of the U.S.

This idea is sure to make me lots of friends along the shores of the continent, but maybe one of these years can be designated the "Year of the Flatlander" and *all* regional events that year could be inland. That would give greater access for those of us not within a day's drive of the coast (any coast) and boost (at least temporarily) HL's inland sales. The salts would have to drive inland one year to get their event pieces signed (sorry), but I'm willing to share migratory status with my normally nonmigratory brethren.

-lead zeppelin

-Art
Re: Regional Events #127397 05/11/00 03:55 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
Any news yet on the regional events?

Joanne

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,149 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users