cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity #13317 01/09/03 09:28 PM
ga light man Offline OP
OP Offline
I just found out from my dealer that Harbour Lights is making a figurine in memory of the 100 years of flight and the Wright Bros. flight at Kitty Hawk because of the birthday coming soon this year. Me being an aircraft mechanic, it does have special meaning.Plus it is coming from Harbour Lights. It will be a limited edition.
Number 1 will be dedicated to the Wright Bros. memorial it self to be displayed.My dealers will be the only dealers to offer this figurine in the country because they are located in Nags Head S.C.
and they have a great relationship with Bill Yonger and Harbour Lights.
I was told it may possibly be out in June or early July.I have already put my order for one as I think this will be a great memorial and a great piece to add to my collection.
I would like to hear some thoughts from everyone and if interested just e-mail me and I will be glad to give anyone that is interested their address and phone number. They are great people to deal with.When I get more info I will pass it on here.
Rick

Re: Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity #13318 01/09/03 09:59 PM
S
SThompson Offline
Administrator
Administrator
S
I am interested in what it will be of. The Wright Brothers themselves, the airplane, the memorial? Any ideas?

I believe for Harbour Lights to be correct it should also be the 100th Anniversary of Powered Flight. There were balloons and gliders long before the Wright Brothers flew.

Wright Brothers National Memorial

smile

Re: Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity #13319 01/10/03 02:34 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
If this is a one dealer only piece, I would venture that it is a deal similar to the Lighthouse Depot Fort Washington Bell Tower. The dealer would have to commit to the entire product run. Could be an interesting little piece, but will it be a HL piece, or a Historic Buildings piece? Or even, Historic Buildings by Younger & Assoc instead of by HL?

Dave

Re: Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity #13320 01/10/03 04:17 PM
Bill Harnsberger Offline
I think it would be neat to create a replica of the Wright Brothers Memorial...a very cool structure.

Either that, or a replica of the actual patch of land over which the first flight was made...perhaps with the plane sitting at the end, having just finished its historic flight.

Re: Harbour Lights, Wright Bros. Similarity #13321 01/13/03 01:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be kewl.... laugh

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users