cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125318 04/25/04 10:51 PM
S
Sarge Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Nancy returned to Denver for three in-store events over the week-end. As is traditional, her arrival was preceeded by (caused by?) a snow storm. The turn-out was pretty good, and we got to see some friends from the Forum. There's even talk of starting a local collector's group here. Anyway, Cindy outdid herself, adding 15 new lighthouses to the collection. (where-oh-where will the new display cabinet go!???!?!)

At the first event Jack DeLange from Pagosa Springs won the gold. Here he is with his wife and cute but very shy poodle.

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125319 04/25/04 11:02 PM
S
Sarge Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The next stop on Saturday was when Cindy's run of good (heck, GREAT) luck began. Nice little place called The Mole Hole. Attendance picked up a bit and the snacks were good too. In the past, Cindy's submission of those little gold forms has been prodigious but has produced no results. The local HL rep here in Denver is a delightful gal named Bonnie. Bonnie suggested that if both she and Cindy thought positive thoughts as Nancy was selecting that one little slip of paper, good things could happen. And so, as they concentrated with eyes closed, Nancy drew the name - and it wasn't Cindy. frown But that didn't matter, since whoever the 'winner' was, he/she wasn't there. Into the trash it went. smile Try number two, again with mighty concentration. And lo and behold - Nancy said the magic word - "CINDY".... laugh

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125320 04/25/04 11:30 PM
S
Sarge Offline OP
OP Offline
S
On to Sunday. Long drive up north to Ashley Avery's. The event began as usual, with Cindy again generating numerous little slips of gold paper (so aptly colored). Attendence was quite good, and things were not looking good for Cindy doing a repeat. First, 3 time gold winner Mary was there. Then, towards the end, in comes Rev. Dave. Great. A servant of God and it's a Sunday. (You may recal that last year in Ft. Collins Rev. Dave's beautiful little girl drew his name for the gold. Divine intervention?) Anyway, the Fates do not appear to be smiling on Cindy today. The tension builds, and the scheduled 3:00 PM drawing is delayed by last-minute piece signings.

Finally, the 'golden' moment arrives and YES! AGAIN Nancy says the magic word "CINDY".... laugh

And then, well, things got ugly. The initial round of applause gave way to murmuring. Comments of 'Didn't she just win yesterday?' and 'What's going on here'. Then the suspicious and threatening looks began. Nancy, sensing that things were about to 'go south,' quickly packed up the gold and we began to plan our escape. Cindy went behind the counter with Nancy and I was able to snap this quick picture. (Notice the arm moving menacingly across in front of them... eek ) I don't want to go into details of how we made our escape, other than to note that it's a good thing I'm a cop. (Amazing what an effect firing a couple rounds into the ceiling has....)

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125321 04/26/04 12:16 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Congratulations, Cindy, on your wins and your escape. Now, for the bad news - it apprears you weren't wearing your Wacko Badge on Saturday, so we will have to deduct 15 posts from your total . . . . .

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125322 04/26/04 01:19 AM
S
Sarge Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sarge certainly enjoys having fun at my expense.

I did wear my Wacko badge all day and only took it off for the picture. I thought it would reflect the flash. Hopefully we will get more to join the Forum. I had some of the people asking about it when they saw my badge. Melody was there and she had hers on also. We were the only ones.

It was great winning the gold, but I kind of feel guilty winning two in the same weekend.

Cindy

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125323 04/26/04 01:47 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Congrats Cindy (and indirectly Sarge, no doubt)...

Don't be embarassed at all. From the number of slips you put in the boxes, it sounds like you made those two dealers (and the local economy) very pleased.

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125324 04/26/04 01:48 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Cindy,

If it will help relieve some of your guilt feelings, feel free to send the extra gold one my way..........

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125325 04/26/04 01:57 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
What a wonderful time at the 3 events! The expression on Cindy's face, especially the second time was priceless! Cindy did say she felt bad about the 2nd win, but of course I had to tease her and ask then why did she put all those gold tickets in the box! :p Everyone knew there was no chance of grabbing that gold and running with it, with Dave around to shoot us down, lol.

Dave H, Cindy did wear her badge at all three events. For some unknown reason does not have it on in the first picture?? (knocked off in all the excitement?) In the second picture it is hidden behind the counter (notice the lanyard around her neck).

The collectors' club discussions came up when a member of the Tampa Bay HL Collectors' Club showed up (Donna Lopp has moved to Denver)at the first event held at Mulberry Creek.. Cindy and I were able to signup 22 people that have expressed interest in a club. Cindy (and Dave?) and I are going to get together with Donna and see what we can arrange then notify all the folks that said they were interested. Hopefully we can get a club started! Anyone that can provide advise please email Cindy or I, thanks!

No gold for me, but I didn't do to shabby, won Fairport Harbour LE, Cape Neddick Guardian, and a denim HL long sleeve shirt. But I think what has really consoled my not winning a gold is that I was able to buy 2 APs of pieces that I have not seen in the stores yet, Cape Flattery and Race Point. There was also a Little River AP, but there was a significant broken area, half of a tree missing and the rep said that that piece could not be sold, only displayed. These 3 pieces are really great looking I think. And I will most definitely be buying Little River when it is available!

By the way, Nancy says Bill is doing well after his knee replacement surgery. Rehab is tough, but he is working on walking on that new knee!

Melody
Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125326 04/26/04 01:07 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Mel,

Thanks for standing up for Cindy - I did see her lanyard for Sunday, which is why she was zinged only for Saturday. Sounds as if you did pretty good for yourself. Seems as if you have acquired several APs at those signing events the last few years.

Good luck on working on a club. There are several more connected collectors out there in CO, and it sounds as if you have a good list of interested folks to start with.

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125327 04/26/04 01:21 PM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Congratulations Cindy cool You are a true HL collector and certainly deserve to win both of the golds cool You go girl! laugh Hey if AZ can have a HL Collectors Club...so can CO...hope you and Mel can get one going.
Ruthie smile

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125328 04/28/04 10:45 PM
S
Sarge Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just wanted to thank all of you for your support and kind words. It's a pleasure to display the gold pieces. I look at them daily just to make sure I didn't dream it all. As I'm not usually lucky I have to keep checking just to make sure.

Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125329 04/29/04 02:25 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Cindy, you still need an avatar. Perhaps it should be 3 Sisters laugh

Melody
Re: Nancy comes to Denver & Mrs. Sarge strikes gold - TWICE #125330 04/29/04 07:26 PM
S
Sarge Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'm having a hard time deciding. Guess I'll just wait till something grabs me.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,132 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users