Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Central Pennsylvania #124096 04/03/99 10:33 PM
K
KoalaKid Offline OP
OP Offline
K
As long as I've been a member I don't recall seeing a store event within 3-4 hours of me! Even though Pennsylvania is rather land-locked (not entirely), there are still lighthouse lovers in the center of the state. When will be put on your event list?

Re: Central Pennsylvania #124097 04/04/99 12:45 AM
S
sidd Offline
S
I'm with you kid. Pennsylvania needs an event.
TMI (Three Mile Island Nuclear Plant) is no longer a danger
Please think of us when planning the year 2000.

------------------
Sidd

[This message has been edited by sidd (edited 04-03-99).]

Sidd
Re: Central Pennsylvania #124098 04/04/99 12:50 AM
P
Pipewrench Offline
P
Here, Here. I too vote for bringing it to PA.
For all the thousands that are being registered in the state of Pennsylvania, it is only fair that we too be included in the busy schedule of Mr. Bill Younger. Look forward to seeing him soon.

------------------
Pipewrench

[This message has been edited by Pipewrench (edited 04-03-99).]

Pipewrench
Re: Central Pennsylvania #124099 04/04/99 12:44 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
I think the best way to obtain a signing event in your area is to ask the stores in your area to have one. The stores will then need ask their reps. for an event and the reps. request dates from Harbour Lights, for signings. A few stores sell a lot of Harbour Lights and get an event every year, but most stores have events every two to three years. Some stores never show an interest in getting one, from what I have seen.

If there is a chain of shops or several dealers near each other in the middle of Pennsylvania, start requesting that they have an event. Bill usually attends 3 to 4 signings on a weekend; so if the stores are located near each other the chances are better. "Near each other" means within a 2 or 3 hr drive on the different week end days and within an hour or so apart for the same day signing. This info is strictly unofficial, but it is the way it appears to evolve from what I have observed. The single most important factor is the dealer's willingness to have a signing event. Some dealers might say they do want one but do not really pursue it.

You also can plan a trip to some location to coincide with a signing. We are taking a lighthouse trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and we are going to swing by and see Bill at a signing in Traverse City on the way. Later in the year, we are taking weekend trip to a signing at Bayside Treasures in Toledo, OH, to see a dealer friend of mine. We live in Indianapolis and Toledo is about a 4 hour drive. So if Bill doesn't come to you, then go to where he is and tell him of your need for an event in your area.

WackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,358 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users