Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123329 01/24/07 01:18 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
For those interested, this sounds like a great adventure. I wanted to do this last year, but couldn't fit it into my schedule.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 Delaware Bay Lighthouse Adventures

"THE BIG TRIP" Saturdays in 2007:
May 19, June 23, July 21, August 25 and September 15

Take a cruise up the Delaware Bay aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher for a superb lighthouse viewing experience. See and photograph historic lighthouses which were built during the late 19th and early 20th centuries as aids to ships sailing the treacherous mid-channel of the Delaware Bay. Most of these lighthouses stand on pedestals out of sight of land and are still operational. Each cruise also includes narration on Delaware Bay lore and legend, including information on fishing, spawning grounds, and more.

See all of the Delaware Bay lighthouses viewable by boat: Cape May Lighthouse, Harbour of Refuge (Lewes); Delaware Breakwater East End (Lewes); Brandywine Shoal; Fourteen Foot Light; Miah Maull Shoal; Cross Ledge; Elbow of Cross Ledge; and Ship John Light… all in one excitement-packed seven-hour trip!

Cruises depart at 10 a.m. from the Miss Chris Marina, 2nd Avenue and Wilson Drive, and include complimentary coffee and Danish in the morning, followed by a lavish complimentary cold luncheon buffet including shrimp, finger sandwiches, cheese and fruit trays, and dessert. A cash bar is available.

Delaware Bay Lighthouse Adventure - $99 Per Person

Here's the link:
Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123330 01/24/07 02:06 PM
BeaconBob Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Are you planning on going? Which date? I was also wanting to do this last year but never made it.
Let me know if you make any plans...maybe we can meet face to face finally.

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Re: Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123331 01/24/07 03:44 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
BeaconBob, I'm really hoping to go on one of these this year. The July one sounds the best. It's currently a hot topic at the homestead. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123332 01/24/07 03:45 PM
HCS Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I did this in 2006 and yes it is a great cruise.
You get really close to the lights, great photo ops.
HCS

Re: Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123333 01/24/07 07:34 PM
BeaconBob Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
July will be out for me...other committments already. I'm thinking of doing it in May if possible.

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Re: Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123334 01/24/07 07:55 PM
fra02441 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I have done that boat a couple of times it is a great trip. The do lunch and the food is good. They get real close to most of the lights.

Re: Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123335 01/25/07 12:46 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Hillary & Fran, thanks for the info. I will definately get this on our lightousing schedule.

Stan M
Re: Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123336 02/03/07 04:28 PM
Gebby Offline
I did this trip two years ago and it was great except that I erased all of my digital pictures on the way back to Cape May. It was my first digital camera trip and I had a bad memory card.
I was a little sick about it to say the least.

I was happy to see that they are doing all the BIG trips this year. It gives me more weekend options. I know alot more about my camera now.
I hope I can pick a weekend as nice as that one was.

Ken

Re: Delaware Bay Lighthouse Cruise #123337 02/03/07 06:07 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I'd really like to do this one this year. I've been meaning to for years, but it's always been a combo of time, cost for 2+ people, and the fact that you can't see all the lights on one cruise.

Now I have a lot of time, I can drive there myself, and all the trips are "big." I think the stars have aligned for me this year.

I'd love it if we can find a date that we can have a "mini Wacko gathering" onboard. I should be free for the May, July and September trips. I'll be travelling during the June and August ones, though.

How did I miss this topic last week?

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users