Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Thanks For The Memories! #12151 10/04/98 06:18 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
A very special "Thank You" to the Younger Family, the Harbour Lights Crew, and dedicated volunteers who made the 1998 HL Collector's Reunion an experience I will never forget.
Your efforts on behalf of the collectors, who make up your extended Harbour Lights Family, cannot be described in this short message.
You have intensified the flame that keeps the interest in, not only lighthouses, but the wonderful product you provide for all us fellow collectors to enjoy.
Keep up the great work, and once again, a very sincere "Thank You" for a fantastic time at the reunion in Providence.

Sincerely,

Bob McKeon

Re: Thanks For The Memories! #12152 10/04/98 08:11 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Well said, Bob!

It was going to be hard to top 1997's program, but 1998 was at least as great if not better. The Harbour Lights Family gave us a very different event from 1997, taking advantage of the concentration of lighthouses in Rhode Island.

I heard many comments about wishing it were longer - and about the long day Saturday visiting lighthouses by boat and bus - but we still had time to finally meet face to face with on-line friends we knew only by a user name.

Bill promised another reunion - "before 2028." The concensus among those in attendance seemed to be in 2 or 3 years. If you didn't get a chance to go to this one, you will get a chance to go to the next one -- and you SHOULD go!

[This message has been edited by JChidester.]

Re: Thanks For The Memories! #12153 10/05/98 11:04 AM
J
Jeff Hix Offline
J
I second everything that Bob and John have said. Having been involved in events held by other collectibles lines, I can tell you that the one thing that really impressed my wife and I was how incredibly well planned everything was. One thing that really gets messed up is meal times. With 700+ people, it would certainly be understandable if it took a while to get your food. But this event was so planned out that there were easily twice as many food service people as you would normally expect and we all received our food within a few minutes of each other.

Throughout the weekend, there were many examples like this. No hours of idle time. There was always something to do and when you got done with one thing, you caught your breath and went on to the next. The boat trip on Saturday was especially nice. I can't wait to develop my pictures and see all of the lighthouses again. I hope I remembered to remove that darn lens cap again.

Bear with me. Again, thanks to the Younger family, the New England sales reps (who must be completely exhausted), and thanks to Paul Brady and Dave Burke who were never far away with their many cameras. I can't wait to see how YOUR photos turn out.

Re: Thanks For The Memories! #12154 10/06/98 09:01 PM
B
Barb Kepple Offline
B
I,too,agree with Bob, John and Jeff that this Reunion was great! I really enjoyed putting faces with names, and getting to know other collectors.

Harbour Lights outdid themselves providing a memorable weekend that was first-class. The Youngers are a wonderful family, and really did make us all feel like an extension of their own family. We hated to see it all come to an end - we hope the next Reunion is no more than two years away.

Many thanks to all at Harbour Lights!

Barb

Barb

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,434 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users