Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is it a Picasso, Rembrandt, or an Ansel Adams?? #105052 09/29/01 02:15 AM
J
JULB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Although it was released and reviewed, earlier this year, I continued to be obsessed with the Cape St. George piece. Several months, back, I anounced in this forum, that I had found an "upended" table inside the main shack of this Harbour Lights sculpture. Although difficult to find and see, I thought it was a terrific level of detail, which reinforced the hurricane damage mood of the sculpture. Nevertheless, the fact that the shack was hollow, continued to beckon... so I purchased a fiber optic light and started to explore the inside as best I could. . Lo and behold, in addition to some "rubble" along the wood grained floor against 2 of the walls, and another large, but as yet unidentified object on the far inside of the shack, there just happens to be a crooked picture frame, complete with hanging wire, on an inside wall !!!

It was a very difficult picture to take and the equipment I used wasn't good enough to let me see if it was a Picasso, a Rembrandt, or an Ansel Adams photograph. Nevertheless, my HIGHEST complements to the artist!!!! It was/is brilliant, clever, fun, and appropriate!!

[This message has been edited by JULB (edited 09-29-2001).]

JB
Re: Is it a Picasso, Rembrandt, or an Ansel Adams?? #105053 09/29/01 04:08 AM
JeffMarsh Offline
Wacko
Wacko
It's just totally amazing. What detail! Harbour Lights has come along way since its beginning. The part I like best, though, is how they keep the fun and sense of humor in their pieces. Just enough to throw you off guard when you're not expecting it. It puts a nice smile on my face even after a hard day.

Re: Is it a Picasso, Rembrandt, or an Ansel Adams?? #105054 09/29/01 06:39 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
Thanks for bringing this detail to our attention. HL is the leader in detail on their pieces and we as collectors of their product are always amazed and delighted at what authentic additions to let us have a look into the life of a keeper.

Could be that the frame held a family picture or an award that the keeper had received for his years of service. Or it just might have held a piece of hand work such as an American sampler. Did the Lighthouse Service have items that had to be hung in the keeper's house? Perhaps a picture of the President.

You have brought up a very interesting point!

Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 09-29-2001).]

Re: Is it a Picasso, Rembrandt, or an Ansel Adams?? #105055 10/10/01 12:40 PM
AZlightkeeper Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
It is an incredible piece! Harbour Lights does awesome work! Along with super detail! Thanks for the great work!

Jim

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,087 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users