Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Better late than never... #100698 11/30/07 11:42 AM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I just received a box from my dealer in Oregon. I finally got my New London Harbor, Point No Point, Sodus Point, and Braddock Point. I took a peek at all four and they are extremely well done pieces.

I originally thought I was going to open the outer box and find my matched set of "Taneys", but I guess I'll be waiting a little longer for them.

Once the outer box was opened something immediately came to mind as being different. None of the four boxes had the new red "Harbour Lights" symbol at the top of the box, and the red "www.Harbourlights.com" internet address on the lighthouse label side of the box.

Is Harbour Lights using up some old boxes they had in stock? Is it a cost saving measure because the red ink cost additional on the boxes?

I also noticed on the Styrofoam Mold for the New London Harbor that there is a paper label that states "Harbour Lights Top" I've never seen one of those before.

I imagine my dealer held these pieces for awhile to save on shipping costs. I'm just curious on how late they actually are. When did you receive yours and what was the last piece of the four you received, and when?

confused Bob confused

Re: Better late than never... #100699 11/30/07 01:23 PM
sandy Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Bob,

Jim Awrey is the one to ask--he's a dealer on the east coast and can tell you when he received his order of those pieces. I got mine awhile ago but can't tell you when without a lot of searching. If you don't get an answer, let me know and I'll pull my files.

Sandy

Re: Better late than never... #100700 11/30/07 02:41 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Bob,

I received the same pieces a week ago. My dealer put mine in one box also. He had previously asked permission from me to hold them in order to save money. Of course, I said YES.

bobo

Re: Better late than never... #100701 12/01/07 12:15 AM
C
ctlights Offline
C
I received my New London Light from Cape Annies back in August I think, so it's been in my curio for more than 3 months. It looks rather nice next to the New London Ledge and Avery Point pieces. Now, if we could just get a Watch Hill to go on the Rhode Island shelf near Point Judith and the Block Islands, I could start wishing for an Anchor Bay release of the old MV Block Island Ferry.

Re: Better late than never... #100702 01/15/08 09:31 PM
Bob M Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I received an interesting call from my dealer in Oregon today. It was the owner calling to apologize for the lack of proper attention to some of his HL customers. Apparently the owner/dealer has been dealing with some serious health issues as a result of an accident he was in, and the person he left to handle things was not performing as well as they should have.

He advised me he had received a call from his area HL Rep concerning the fact that some of his customers were not pleased with the service they were receiving. He assured me things would be different now that he was back and he would do whatever he could to make sure his HL customers were satisfied.

We spoke for a considerable length of time as I expressed my concerns and he definitely was sympathetic to what I had to say to him. I appreciated his call and the fact that he was sincerely concerned.

The reason I mentioned this is because the only place I've expressed my concerns is here at the CF. That means that some one at Harbour Lights read what I had to say, and felt a call to the Rep in Oregon was in order. That Rep then called the dealer to let him know some customers were not totally happy. We all know keeping your customers satisfied is of the utmost importance. This indicates to me that the folks at Harbour Lights really care. That is a wonderful thing in this day and age.

smile Bob smile

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users