Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Could the Signature Series replace Store Events! #96677 11/22/99 09:45 PM
K
Karen Smith Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The word is out that Bill Younger, will be doing less Store Events in 2000!
Will the the New "Signature Series" help replace Bill Younger Tours in 2000?
Thomas Point? Tybee? Coquille River? ? ? ?
Karen

Re: Could the Signature Series replace Store Events! #96678 11/22/99 10:12 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
Hi Karen,

I don't think that will happen. I believe that Bill Younger will be cutting down on his store events in 2000, but I think there will be more regional events that will have signings. Part of the desire to get a piece signed is that it increases the value. I don't think that the signature series will have extra added value since they are all signed. What I do wonder about is the regional events. Is the only way to get a piece signed is to purchase one? I think that for the Atlanta event, you were issued a certificate for each piece you purchased that enabled you to have it or a different piece signed. That could be a very costly undertaking. If anyone knows for sure if this was the case, could you let me know.

Joanne

Re: Could the Signature Series replace Store Events! #96679 11/22/99 11:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say it isn't so......What a dreary world this would be if BY stopped doing store signings. Less does not mean none, does it?

Each time I have heard BY give his speech about next year's signings, he has denied that he is stopping them altogether.

The regional event in Atlanta was a fun time and a nice uncramped signing took place. Even tho' the certificate you are referring to Joanne was what was suppose to get a signature, many brought ones to be signed from their collection. My thought is that the stores who sponsored the event would not have been eager to do so without some kind of consideration to their businesses-thus the certificate situation. I just feel like so many collectors won't be able to get to the regional events but could get to a local shop event. Some collectors can't or won't drive for two hours to get one piece signed.

Derith

[This message has been edited by Derith Bennett (edited 11-22-99).]

Re: Could the Signature Series replace Store Events! #96680 11/23/99 01:50 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I personally don't think that will happen. Bill will still be out there with an adequate supply of Sharpies.

Bob

Re: Could the Signature Series replace Store Events! #96681 11/23/99 10:59 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
-Could the Signature Series replace Store Events!-

The answer is obvious. Nope, Never!

An autographed lighthouse label from the home office could never replace the interesting stories, history of lighthouses and the humor of BY --plus the opportunity of getting to meet fellow collectors and talk about our favorite subject.... lighthouses. The actual signing of the lighthouses is something that Bill does to keep his hands busy, while he proceeds with the important job of meeting and greeting collectors, young and old, both in age and in years of collecting.

Younger and Associates didn’t run a commercial in the Super Bowl in 1991, they (Bill) put Bill Younger out on the road to meet, greet, inform and question collectors. Bill used the "up close and personal" approach to build the family business and as anyone who goes to an event can verify, Bill really enjoys it immensely.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Could the Signature Series replace Store Events! #96682 11/23/99 02:15 PM
JeffB Offline
It's meeting and talking to Bill Younger that is the real value. Not the signature!

Jeff

Moderated by  MtnHkr 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,092 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users