cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Any H-L dealers in AL? #113 11/08/08 10:08 AM
Stainz Offline OP
OP Offline
A month back, while visiting the Gulf Shores "Shrimp Festival", I found that the first and last walk-in store I had bought a H-L lighthouse from had gone belly up this year. Their business had dropped at 'Nita's Hallmark' when a company Hallmark store opened just up the road in a small but new mall. It has since failed.

I mourned their demise by eatting a Mexican lunch in the restaurunt that had been next door. It had expanded into Nita's Hallmark's space. I had my choice, so we sat in a booth where the H-Ls had been - seemed fitting, if not a bit macabe. I had a shrimp taco salad - the only shrimp I had, as my queries of the 'Shrimp Festival' food vendors as to whether what they had was Gulf shrimp or not received blank stares. The state rep from the Alabama Fisheries booth said he'd be shocked if as many as one in five had local shrimp.

Well, it was our first vacation in two years. My wife got a few goodies - collected some seashells in our beach walks - and had a great time. It seemed sad to me. As we headed back north, I spent my tourist/H-L stash at a local knife store in Foley. When I got home, I perused some of my H-L collection - recalled happier trips to the coast. The shelves were overflowing anyway.

Seriously, does anyone know of an H-L dealer in AL?

John

My trip had more sad news - the cast iron tower that

Re: Any H-L dealers in AL? #114 11/08/08 11:06 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I did a quick search over at the HL site and came up with a list of 15 dealers in alabama. Can't vouch for the content- don't know if it's up to date but it's the best place to start.

Dennis

http://www.harbourlights.com/search/search.php

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,326 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users