cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Jersey Collectors #9774 07/09/01 10:33 AM
CarolZ Offline OP
OP Offline
I just read in Lighthouse Digest that New Jersey has the most Harbour Lights Collectors and I was wondering where all of you are. I haven't seen too many from NJ on these forums (except Dennis from Trenton). Any others out there?

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9775 07/09/01 02:52 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I guess most of the NJ Collectors are either not connected, or are the lurker type.

I do know at least a couple of people who live in Nj and at least follow the forums (when they have the time).

I tell everybody I can , particularrly when I'm at Sandy Hook. In fact, I was talking to someone yesterday who also volunteers at Sandy Hook who will be going to her third Reunion in Baltimore. We were comparing collections yesterday- she has more at this point about 150-160 she said. I'm at around 100.

I've met a few people at signings, but most of the people that were Wackos were from DE, NY or MD.

I guess us Jersey people are the shy retiring type.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 07-09-2001).]

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9776 07/09/01 05:54 PM
CarolZ Offline OP
OP Offline
Rumor has it that Nancy Younger will be at East Point in Aug. I plan on attending. Dennis, is there a chance we may meet?

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9777 07/09/01 06:45 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Carol,

It's not very likely.

I have another engagement that day that I must attend- at least if I want to continue living where i live now.

We are having our daughter's Graduation Party that day. I did not know it was the same day as East Point Day when she planned it that day.

That's life. I'm waiting to get more information from one of the volunteers at Sandy hook who is also a volunteer at East Point about the plans for that day. Unfortunately, he's on vacation- in the Apostle's Islands.

hope you have a good time. they've done a very nice job on the outside of the Lighthouse and in the Lantern Room. They are actively restoring the rest of the interior.

Let me know when your coming into the area- maube we can arrange to meet, or you can stop in for dinner on that Saturday- we'll have plenty.

Dennis

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9778 07/09/01 07:27 PM
Lightseeker Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Carol,

I'm another CF Wacko from NJ, South Jersey in fact. East Point Light is probably closer to my home than any other lighthouse, but I've never been there. I wasn't aware of the event in August; if you could point me in the right direction to get more information, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Right now I'm a bit laid up after orthopedic surgery on a broken knee (tibia, actually). Don't know how mobile I'll be in August; probably more so toward the end than the beginning.

My first reaction to your post was that you were also from NJ. Dennis's remark about your "coming into this area" suggested a different interpretation. Your registration info doesn't offer a clue. So are you and if so, what exit?

Bruce

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9779 07/09/01 09:49 PM
RFoster Offline
Carol, I am also interested to know more about Nancy's appearance at East Point.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: New Jersey Collectors #9780 07/09/01 10:46 PM
Kaiz Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I believe that Nancy will be at East Point on Saturday, August 4th. I don't know any of the details, but I know she was planning to be in New Jersey the day before she attends our Club's meeting on Sunday, August 5th at Charlotte Lighthouse in Rochester, NY

Patty

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9781 07/10/01 01:35 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Carol,

Lightseeker is one of the people i was talking about earlier.

We met at a signing in Dover last November. His screen name eluded me earlier.

Sorry to hear about your unlucky break. Hope you get on your feet soon Bruce.

I can't find an e-mail that would explain why I think CarolZ is from somewhere not New Jersey. Sometimes the brain just does not connect the dots.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 07-10-2001).]

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9782 07/10/01 02:54 PM
CarolZ Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes! I am from New Jersey, but the west coast (no lighthouses here!). We live near Phillipsburg, NJ close to PA. We have been trying to see all the NJ lighthouses, including the ones in the Delaware River (or are those considered DE?) This will be a great chance to see East Point. I plan on purchasing the newest LE of this lighthouse to bring with me. I just have to get out to my dealer in the next few weeks.
I saw the notice about Nancy being at East Point Light on Aug 4th in the latest paperwork that came with my club membership. It didn't say much except that she was scheduled.
Sorry to hear about the broken leg Bruce. Get well soon so we can meet on the 4th!!

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9783 07/10/01 07:31 PM
R
RMau Offline
Wacko
Wacko
R
I'm in North Carolina now, but was in New Jersey when the Harbour Light bug bit me. We still visit 'home' once a year at least. Can that count?

Rick

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9784 07/10/01 10:03 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Carol,

Sorry for forgetting you were from NJ. I got your post card today with the NJ postmark.

I'm waiting to get information back from the man who volunteers at both Sandy Hook and East Point. He thinks there might be some kind of benefit to East Point from the sale on East Point Day on 8-4.

I hope so, cause I can't get down there.

If my hazy memory serves me well this time you used to live in Hackettstown? If not, it's not the first time my memory failed me.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 07-10-2001).]

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9785 07/12/01 10:51 AM
CarolZ Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually it's near Hackettstwon...Harmony Township. A small town near the Pennsylvania border.
Would you happen to have directions to East Point? I'd hate to get lost and miss Nancy. I spent a little time with her when we were in Cape Cod and she's very nice. At the time I was about to go to Sweden and found ou tshe had been there a few yeas ago. I'd like to comapre notes now that I am back.

Re: New Jersey Collectors #9786 07/12/01 09:38 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Carol,

That's what I do for a living right now- give people directions. I'm working as a Travel Counselor at AAA. In fact, I just got my evaluation and I got a promotion and a raise.

So I must be doing something right. The biggest complaint the had was that I sighed too much, and did not smile enough. They feel that annoys the members. These actions do and do not happen based on the actions of the members.

They do send me all the people who want information about lighthouses, though.

I'll email you specific directions from Harmony Twsp to Heislerville which is where East Point is.

Dennis

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,162 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users