cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
WHACKO Award due.... #9676 06/04/02 05:05 PM
Stainz Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello, fellow addicts!

Well, it is official. I have been warned. One more light-blue box to 'store' and I will earn a real 'WHACKO', my wife has spoken. She is not a small person, actually 5'10" like me, so her 'WHACKO' should prove to be substantial. I haven't yet experienced her eire as we will have been married only three years a week from Monday. I hope she wants the Fresnel lens for an anniversary gift. I am sure she will understand why I cancelled our anniversary mini-trip fancy and dinner, but those last lighthouses took that money - and they were must-have's. Ahhh, a night at home... maybe some pizza-bits...

Yeah, I probably deserve a 'WHACK-O'!

John

Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9677 06/04/02 05:22 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
John,
That reminds me of the commercial where the guy is eating something and the 'pavlov reaction' is a wack from a lady standing behind him with each mouthful. He's asks the lady 'what's the deal' but she says 'it's my job'. BUT it doesn't stop him from eating, or getting WACKED! LOL
Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9678 06/04/02 09:57 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Happy Anniversary John! You will have to do like I did years ago. Sneak them into the house when she's not looking and slooooowly put them out on display and she will never know the difference!

Our secret right? Nobody will tell on me at Rosemont right?
[This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 06-04-2002).]

Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9679 06/05/02 01:24 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
It must be confession time. I sneak stuff in as well and hide it, displaying later. Then when my hubby asks "Is that new?" I can (semi) truthfully say " No, I've had that for a while"

Congrats on your anniversary.
MelJB

[This message has been edited by MelJB (edited 06-05-2002).]

Melody
Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9680 06/05/02 10:04 AM
Stainz Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tried devious methods re my previous hobbies. That may have something to do with this now being my second marriage. I have probably overdone this one too early. My wife exclaimed, when she found my carelessly filed MC bill, "Wow, you bought me a new car on your credit card! Where is it?". Oops.

Actually, the lighthouses were my wife's idea. She is very supportive of this new hobby. She was actually alarmed a week or so back when I sold a firearm to buy more lighthouses (Hard to believe - an Alabama man selling a gun - for lighthouses!). Maybe she is preparing to place me in the 'funny farm'.... I hope they have lighthouses!

John

Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9681 06/05/02 08:45 PM
pierhead Offline
You know, I've tried sneaking a couple into the cabinet, and it hasn't worked yet. My fiance has picked them out within a day or two at the absolute most. Not that she really cares though. Overall, I've got it pretty good. Hey, I even talked her into doing a week of lighthousing along the west coast of Florida...and a round of golf at TPC Sawgrass...on our HONEYMOON!

Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9682 06/05/02 09:02 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
Kathy doesn't care if I buy Lights from my special account thats what its for "O" yes she has her account to we leave for Alaska next week for two weeks maybe if we have any $$ left when we get back I can buy some extra lights
Larry

Larry
Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9683 06/06/02 01:47 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The truth be told my hubby really doesn't care that I buy them. He's actually glad I gave up "beanies" for lighthouses, and as long as he can go fishing when he wants or buy an old coin or a new power tool then we're even. We've been married 29 yrs so he's use to me and I'm use to him

MelJB

Melody
Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9684 06/07/02 11:05 AM
Stainz Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually, my wife is very supportive. She would never attempt to hurt me. She just wishes I would remove those stacked boxes from our basement den. She has even bought me lighthouses on a him. The Cape St. George, FL from a local shop being my latest suprize several weeks ago. Like she says, they look better, cost a lot less, and are 'stand alone', ie, don't need track, layout, etc like my G scale trains. Lighthouses are neat.

John

Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9685 06/07/02 10:42 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
Kathy still collects the beanies but just the bear, there a lot cheaper than my HL's so I just smile, the bears are cute anyway
Larry

Larry
Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9686 06/08/02 12:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only have two things to add to this topic: (1) Been there - Done that, and (2) Lighthousing is sure Fun!!!

Happy Lighthousing

Harry

Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9687 06/08/02 05:49 AM
RezmanDale Offline
Hello, my name is Dale and I'm a Harbour Lightsaholic!

This is great! I have to get my wife in here to read this! And she thought I was wacko . She enjoys the lighthouse trips and taking all of the pictures. She even buys some HL's for me for Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries etc... But she can't understand buying so many.I now have 110. I haven't tried to sneak any in yet. I don't think it would work for me. Diana handles the money so it would be pretty hard to get one by her.

Dale

[This message has been edited by DALE LAWRENCE (edited 06-08-2002).]

Re: WHACKO Award due.... #9688 06/08/02 01:10 PM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Terry is actually glad I collect lighthouses now. Says I've finally starting collecting something he can buy me. *Really* works out well for me, I get lighthouses for Christmas, birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day, etc., and Terry doesn't have to buy flowers, ("They're just going to die anyway!" his opinion, not mine. .

This year was a real bonus, for my birthday I got Cedar Keys & Key West. And Nancy was in town for an event the day before our anniversary, so I just told Terry to get the "mushy" card and I would take care of the gift. I ended up with Ft Thompkins, Mark Twain, and Cape Hatteras (401R)!
Isn't my husband the greatest at buying gifts? lol

Now I have to get him interested in attending events, or lighthouse seeing....

One last comment though, about selling the firearm..my Daddy, being the southern Carolina gentleman (NC) that he was, would say "That boy's techd(sp?) in the head!"

MelJB

Melody

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users