LighthouseKeepers.com

BILL AT CAPE HENRY

Posted By: ktamlin

BILL AT CAPE HENRY - 06/09/03 04:07 AM

Posted By: Weasel58

Re: BILL AT CAPE HENRY - 06/09/03 05:13 AM

Nice picture, I hope Bill enjoyed his climb, but I bet it was tuff on him with those short legs. laugh I was at Cape Henery a while back myself. I can tell from your picture that the Yellow ribbon is still around the tower, but the picture I have of that ribbon is from a slightly different angle than yours. laugh

www.lighthousekeepers.com/uploads/files/weasel58@tampabay.rr.com/oldhenryfromnew.jpg

Here is a nice shot of the First order Lens in New Henry while we are up here.

www.lighthousekeepers.com/uploads/files/weasel58@tampabay.rr.com/newhenrylens.jpg
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: BILL AT CAPE HENRY - 06/09/03 03:51 PM

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Would loved to get the chance to take some pictures of the old tower from where you did.
Posted By: Shirin

Re: BILL AT CAPE HENRY - 06/10/03 01:10 PM

For those wishing to get the same view as Weasel did both towers are supposed to be open for climbing on June 29th as part of the festivities celebrating the new postal stamps featuring the Old Cape Henry tower.
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: BILL AT CAPE HENRY - 06/11/03 03:33 AM

Nice pics and thanks for info regarding 6/29
Posted By: Shirin

Re: BILL AT CAPE HENRY - 06/11/03 12:57 PM

More info for the 29th

Old Cape Henry will have a Stamp Cover Presentation Event on June 29th from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00. Many dignitaries have been invited to participate, and cachet stamp covers will be available for sale.

Both lighthouses will be open for climbing that day, & folks in period costume will give live historic presentations. There will be many displays, including events for the kids.
Posted By: buster

Re: BILL AT CAPE HENRY - 06/14/03 05:09 AM

Thanks for the picture. smile
© 2024 Collector Forums