LighthouseKeepers.com

Time to change the masthead photo?

Posted By: Bob M

Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/15/09 11:57 AM

Personally, I'm sick of snow. I'm sure many of you feel the same way after suffering through a rough winter.

I'm ready for the fresh start of spring, the warmth, the flowers, and more hours of sunshine each day.

I think it's time to replace the masthead photo of the CF with a photo that reflects the upcoming spring season. All those in favor? Contrary minded?

smile Bob
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/15/09 02:36 PM

Hear, hear!!!! No more snow! tired
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/15/09 05:13 PM

I know John had requested some new photos for the banner from us.
Don't know if he's gotten any or he doesn't have the time to make the change.
It would be nice to get a Spring looking banner for the start of the new season.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/15/09 05:17 PM

I am not sick of the snow picture.
Hardly see that stuff in Florida.

But I also am ready for a change in scenery
Posted By: Cuckolds

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/17/09 06:26 PM

Yes, Yes....a change would be wonderful!!!!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/17/09 10:20 PM

I just sent John a new image with might work!
Posted By: Bob48

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/20/09 03:10 AM

I'm leaving tomorrow for Hawaii. I'll see if I can find any decent pictures>
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/20/09 03:22 AM

Look for something different tonight. Thanks Paul.

Special thanks to Sunshine too. She was the only one to respond to my request for new photos.

No photos from BobM, Roland, Loon, Cuckolds or Daniel. I assume these Forum brothers also have cameras and are closer to a lighthouse than I am living in Arizona.

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/20/09 10:48 AM

Hi John, ..Unfortunately, I haven't photographed a lighthouse for many moons. My new job has kept me busy and my spare time has been spent with the grand kids and a search for my next boat.

I just pulled my Crossfire out of storage and it's ready to go! I've already had the top down for a short ride. I took it up to the dealer for an oil change. Only $135 to change the oil and filter. Such a deal!

Hopefully, I'll get an opportunity to take a few pics in the near future. In the meantime, I have thousands of pics in stock so refresh my brain on the dimensions you use for the masthead, and I'll send a few your way.

smile Bob

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/20/09 12:41 PM

325 X 175 pixels at 72 dpi, Bob. Boy what time do you get up?

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/20/09 02:58 PM

I plan to get the camara out of the mothballs soon. Hope to get a good shot of the re-lit Barnaget.

BobM, who owns the car dealer you get your oil change at... Exxon???
Posted By: Mystery Guest

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/20/09 03:39 PM

If there are no photos available immediately, I bet Paul would have a nice Spring photo of Michigan City available until a replacement is found or submitted.

mg

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/20/09 04:10 PM

I sent John a photo (it's very timely) already that he hopes to change it to tonight, but we need others to send John photo's so we can share lighthouse images and everybody have a turn with the masthead image..
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/20/09 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Webmaster:
No photos from BobM, Roland, Loon, Cuckolds or Daniel. I assume these Forum brothers also have cameras and are closer to a lighthouse than I am living in Arizona.
Sorry John. Trying to resize some of my photos, but having trouble with the software. Since I upgraded to Vista 64 bit, none of my old programs work right, (hardware, too). Be glad to send you a few if you can resize to what you need.

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/21/09 03:25 PM

Quote:
325 X 175 pixels at 72 dpi, Bob. Boy what time do you get up?
I'm usually awake between 0300-0400 hours. Out of bed by 0430. Shower, shave, make coffee, feed the dogs, put wood in the fire, and then out the door to work after breakfast.

I usually get home around 1600 hours, let the dogs out and back in, feed the dogs, prepare supper for Lorna, and then relax. Lights out for me right after 2100 hours.

My new job keeps me extremely busy, but I love it. I just picked up my new company car on Thursday. We had a choice between a GMC 4-dr pickup or a GMC Acadia. I took the Acadia. It's fully loaded with twin moon roofs, heated leather seats, XM Satellite Radio, remote start, backup alert and camera. I was thoroughly impressed!

I feel extremely fortunate to survive a 35+ year career with the State Police and to have found a great job working for the best people in the business. I give them 100% plus every day and they appreciate it. They care about their employees and treat us like family. I like that.

smile Bob

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/22/09 04:24 PM

Great photo for the masthead! Thanks to the photographer and the web master for the change.

smile Bob

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/22/09 04:34 PM

Bob, I thought it was appropriate to have an image of a group collector's having a forum at a future Harbour Lights Lighthouse for a nice change of pace..

Paul
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/22/09 04:38 PM

I love it.
Good choice Paul.

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/22/09 04:42 PM

Great looking banner !!! I love it !!!

Is this a first to have some Wacko's included?
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/22/09 05:57 PM

Love it. How about a roll call
I am 3rd from the right.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/22/09 08:17 PM

Maybe Paul can upload a bigger image of the "Collectors" having the "Forum" so those in the picture can pick out themselves.

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/23/09 01:36 AM

Your wish...

Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/23/09 02:45 AM

I am first on the left.

I too love the new Banner/Masthead! towel
Posted By: Ellie

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/23/09 04:19 AM

I'm not familiar with this lighthouse. Where is it?

Ellie
Posted By: sandy

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/23/09 07:29 AM

Ellie,

Sabine Pass, Louisiana. The people are all CF members who attended the Harbour Lights Regional meeting last June. Stan's the guy in the red shirt at the far right. I'm there somewhere, too.

Sandy

P.S. Anybody know what that red & white tower is to the extreme far right?

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/23/09 07:43 AM

Quote:
Anybody know what that red & white tower is to the extreme far right?
That is an oil rig derick that is being built at a small shipyard on the other side of the river just south of the town of Sabine, Texas.

Pryer to our CF visit last June the only pictures that I have of the Sabine Pass Light where taken from where that oil rig is at, looking back across the river to see the Lighthouse.

Sabine Pass from the TX side of the river useing a 300mm zoom.
Posted By: kory63

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/23/09 09:46 PM

Great choice! vhappy groupwave Thanks!
Rick
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/23/09 11:36 PM

Great choice. I'm the one stuck in the mud on the other side (not in the photo).
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 02:23 AM

Glad to see that one. Bill and I tried to see it a while back and they wouldn't let us because of the mud. They told us our car would get stuck so we had to pass that one up. Glad it is possible to photograph it now.

Judy

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 05:17 AM

Quote:
(By Sunshine) I'm the one stuck in the mud on the other side
laugh LOL I think that was a true statment for all of us at one time or another while we were there!
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 06:49 AM

I am 5th from the right. I think all of us that went over on the other side ended up stuck in the mud. But it was well worth it.

Hi Fran, where have you been?

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 03:18 PM

Working working working. I am going to Maine the third week in May. I am waiting to see if Dave does some weekend trips this year. I love doing them. Maybe we will meet at the next one. How did your pics come out?
Posted By: Bob Taylor

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 04:49 PM

I am only four from the right side. It is my best side showing! It was more fun on the other side of the waterway sloshing through the mud hoping not to meet any live things in the swamp! It was an adventure of a life time viewing Sabine Pass, LA up close and personal!

Bob Taylor

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 05:14 PM

So far we have...

This is what everybody was waiting on, their boat ride to the other side and the trek through the swamp!

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 08:16 PM

The person standing next to Cyndi (the only one standing somewhat farward) is Rip's wife Sharon Puls. The other three I don't know?

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 08:20 PM

Agree with Stephanie--didn't get my ID of Sharon in fast enough.

Who's in the boat?

Sandy

P.S. I was with the group and probably back at the car checking for bugs and such. . . .

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 08:59 PM

Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 09:52 PM

The girl third from the left is one of the Americorp volunteers. Are you sure the last man on the right is Stan. It looks like Gary Toth to me.

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 10:49 PM

I found this image from the other angle and it is Gary! That's his hat..

Good eye, Judy!!!

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/24/09 11:02 PM

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/25/09 01:07 AM

Crips! Been with him 30+ years and counting and I would have sworn the distant shot was him!!
Thanks for the close-up. Sorry Gary.

Sandy
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/25/09 02:20 AM

To the right of Steph is Barb Myers. I believe the person between Gary and Fran is another Americorps person.

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/25/09 02:37 AM

Posted By: Bill38429

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/25/09 05:47 AM

Wow. I love the new masthead photo. I was there. Unfortunately, I must have already been trudging through the mud on the other side because I didn't make the picture.

Love seeing one of my favorite lighthouses on the masthead, though.

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/25/09 01:00 PM

Dave Thinking back I belilve you are correct. He is a Americorp person.
Posted By: Ellie

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/27/09 04:32 AM

Thanks for identifying the lighthouse for me. Also it is nice to see everyone identified, too.We never got to see that light. Everytime we were near there, we were either headed south to Portland and Glen wanted to get there ASAP, or else we were on our way home. Totally out of character, we did stop to see the lighthouse/museum at Port Lavaca.

Ellie
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/27/09 04:50 AM

Fran, My pictures turned out great. I am hoping for another weekend trip. We did have alot of fun.
Posted By: docsweetie

Re: Time to change the masthead photo? - 03/28/09 01:16 AM

Love the new masthead, plus all the posts about who is in the photo. Sounds like it was a fun day.
© 2024 Collector Forums