LighthouseKeepers.com

Call the Exterminators!

Posted By: Art

Call the Exterminators! - 12/01/98 05:42 AM

Another bug found, John (I think).

The search feature doesn't seem to go all the way back to the stone age. Could it be that it only goes back so far as the date of the most recent software release (or installation)? I couldn't find "beavers" or "lumberjacks" in a search, but I knew they were out there. Had to rely on memory (that's scary). Fortunately(?), my brain's capacity to recall useless trivia never ceases to amaze me. Probably amazes others as well.

-Art [A mind (or vestige thereof) is a terrible thing to waste.]
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/01/98 05:46 AM

Well the documentation says if I "Update the Threads" (which I did), then the search feature will search all records posted pre-update and will automatically add latest messages to the search.

John
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/01/98 07:01 AM

Well, there's something wierd goin on. I just did a search on my UserID ('JTimothyA') across Any Date and All Forums and it came up with 9 hits. One of these was dated 6-30-98, the others all in November. Hit count should be a tad over 200.

In contrast, I did this same search on 11-21-98 when I was experimenting (see downstream post on Question about Search) and I believe it found all my posts - including those from the Art Age, the Golden Age, the Argand Age, the Horse Latitudes, the MiddleAges, and yes, even the StoneAge.

One upgrade was done on 11-8-98. On 11-23-98 we have the famous "OK, so now instead of 5.11 version, it's 5.15 version (4 verions in 5 days?)" message from JC. Some of those apparently cross the 11-21-98 boundary thus sometime after whatever version was extant on 11-21-98 the bug was introduced. A quick check shows all messages are still available, so it should just be a matter of fixing the bug (if there is one), then re-indexing.

As long as you can keep up with technology and end-user demands, software development is a career with tenure.

Becalmed in the Age of Lighthouse Reason,
__
/im (Our cry? "Aufklärung" - chuckle - a double entendre just for you Art!)

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/01/98 08:39 PM

Quote:
(Our cry? "Aufklärung" - chuckle - a double entendre just for you Art!)

Achtung! Careful Tim: Mixing these three languages in one sentence has been shown in repeated testing to cause World Wars on other continents!

I trust you are talking of Aufklaerung -- enlightenment -- and double meaning.
(entendre = hear [verb]). Hmmmm. Now what can the devious Timster mean by that?! ;-}

-Art [GLOWing]
Arrêt Art, arrêt! Aufenthalt!

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/02/98 05:12 AM

Was ist die "Aufklaerung", mon cher Art? Zoot! Aufklärung, mit umlaut, ist richtig No es verdad?

Rgds,
__
/im [Avis verbum est :-) ]

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/02/98 07:28 AM

Muy bien, Herr Tim. S'il vous plait. Me libro umlaut arimasen, arigato gozaimashita.. Sumimasen. If being "richtig" is so important, why not buy a GLOW? Es mas richtig than an equivalent LE. Sake no sakana. Hora fugit, homme d'esprit! Konbanwa.

A beau jeu, beau retour, :-D
-Art[semper idem]

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/02/98 09:18 AM

One good turn indeed. Buy a what? O dear, oh my - du sublime au ridicule il n'y a qu'un pas.

...or as Pink Floyd might put it: Just a momentary lapse of reason and down the hole we go :-)

Rgds,
Larry, Moe & Curly Glow [semper stoogem]

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 12-02-98).]
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/02/98 05:30 PM

"This definitely isn't Kansas, Toto!"

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/02/98 08:34 PM

Dearest Tim,

Quote:
Just a momentary lapse of reason

I ouldn'tcay avehay aidsay tiay etterbay yselfmay!

http://www.the-earchives.com/wavs/s/stooge30.wav

http://www.the-earchives.com/wavs/s/stooge09.wav

------------------
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/02/98 09:31 PM

"Niagara FALLS. Slowly I turn. Inch by inch. ......."

[This message has been edited by rscroope (edited 12-02-98).]

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/03/98 04:54 AM

>>I ouldn'tcay avehay aidsay tiay etterbay yselfmay!<<

Lassen Sie uns hoffen, daß Ihr lateinisches Verzeichnis des Schweins besser als Ihr deutsches Verzeichnis ist.

Eeka Baka Dok,
__
/im (oink)

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/03/98 07:04 AM

Pig Latin is so much more simple than deutsches. Not even us knuckle-draggin' GLOW collectors need a dictionary for it!

------------------

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/04/98 08:20 AM

Speaking of which I thought you'd enjoy this snapshot from the recent club meeting you missed. Everyone was talking about the new Assateaque and the next barbecue.

Rgds,
Imtay

Re: Call the Exterminators! - 12/04/98 07:34 PM

ROFLMAO, Imstertay!
© 2024 Collector Forums