LighthouseKeepers.com

Need your help!!!

Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Need your help!!! - 06/14/06 01:10 AM

OK, campers, looks like I may be needing a new forum handle, because, as of June 30th, I will no longer be from AZ..... frown
I am heading to Ft Myers, FL smile New Job, and near some lighthouses!! I hope to hook up with some of you Floridians to do some lighthousing!
I am totally open to suggestions.... or should I keep the AZ, since I will still have good friends and good memories from AZ.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/14/06 01:45 AM

I'd keep it. That's what we all know you by. It'd be like me changing my name from Greg to Emmanuel. You'd all be thinking, "Emmanuel? Who's that?"

So I'd keep the AZ in there. You've got a lot of memories there, and it helps us keep straight with OUR memories. wink
Posted By: mombo

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/14/06 01:46 AM

Jim, How about NYAZFLlightkeeper? smile

Hey good luck with your new job and relocation!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/14/06 05:29 AM

Ruthie and I are meeting Jim for a farewell dinner tomorrow evening. He has been the heart of our little Desert Lightkeepers Club and we're not sure we can keep it together after he leaves.

Best of luck in Florida, Jim.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/14/06 05:53 AM

Jim, I am all for fresh, new beginnings, so I would come up with a combination or a brand new one. We would get used to it in no time. [Hey, Greg, you're too young to have thinking problems - leave that to the old fogies around here! (not me, of course! wink )]

What a great place to go! I've traveled to Florida only once and absolutely loved it. You will be close to Boca Grande, Gasparilla, Sanibel and just a hop, skip, and a jump to St. Mark's one way and Cape Florida the other. Just think of all the weekend trips to St. Augustine, Ponce, Cape Canaveral, Jupiter, Hillsboro, etc., etc. AND maybe you can help with the restoration of Cape George! Wow! Wish I were going there. Good luck, Jim, and enjoy your beautiful, new surroundings! laugh
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/14/06 04:44 PM

Jim,
My thought would be not to change your "handle". You could change your avatar, and of course, location. We know you by that name, and it also carries a lot of memories.

Congratulations on your new job and wishing you the best with the relocation process. One of the lovely bonuses of being part of this group is already knowing fellow lighthousing folks at your new location, and being able to stay in touch with those you've moved away from.

Best wishes, Jim!
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/14/06 05:51 PM

Congratulations on your new job and welcome to Florida. It' a great place to live, even with the hurricanes!
You'll have to come chek out our excellent Tampa Bay Harbour Lights Collector's Club in Tampa.

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/15/06 05:58 AM

Thanks everybody for all your well wishes! This is one of many reasons I love these forums! We have the very best people!

Looks like I will stick with the current handle, in special honor of my very good friends out here in AZ, Ruthie, Terry and John! You guys are the best! I will truly miss you all!

Kay, I will email you my cell # and temporary email address so you can me up to date on your club. Looking forward to it.

Thanks everybody! smile
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/15/06 06:33 AM

Wishing you the very best Jim. Florida is lucky to have you there. The Tampa Bay Harbour Lights Collector's Club is one of the bests. Lots of really nice people in that club. We will miss you here but I have a feeling that you will find much happines there. Take care dear friend. smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/15/06 06:58 PM

Good Luck in Florida Jim. No, don't change your name! Maybe the picture, but not the name.
We know you with the AZ !!!
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/15/06 08:15 PM

So Jim, are you being relocated by the witness protection program? Why would you need a new name? Best of luck in the new job.
Bob

ps Florida is not as hot as Arizona but more humid! :p

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/16/06 02:28 AM

so do you like the new avatar?
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/16/06 02:35 AM

Hi Jim, hope you will consider also joining the (Cape) St. George Lighthouse Association at

www.stgeorgelight.org

and the Florida Lighthouse Association at

www.floridalighthouses.org

feel free to email me any questions on the Florida Lights.

Even though I don't belong to the Tampa Bay Harbour Lights Collectors Club, I have meet many of them and they are a good group (I also did a work day with them one Saturday).
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/19/06 11:50 PM

Jim, you could always go as flAZlightkeeper laugh Best of luck with the move and new job.

smile cool

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/28/06 02:20 AM

OK, Campers, this may be my last time online as a resident of Arizona. frown It's been great out here! Tomorrow is the last day of work, spending tomorrow night at a friend's, then Thursday on the road..... By Monday, I will be a Florida Resident. cool
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/28/06 03:24 AM

Really gunna miss you guy! Be careful and let us know when you get there. By the way, the St. George Reef glass was auctioned off by Bill Younger in Tidewater and the "double bidders" (The McBee's) Roy & Carolyn bought it. Can't remember the exact amount but it is around $400.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Need your help!!! - 06/28/06 05:14 AM

Love that new avatar, Jim! Good choice; you managed to combine a little of Florida with a little of Arizona. Good luck! smile

Re: Need your help!!! - 07/04/06 08:27 PM

Hey Campers,
I made it, got here around 6:00 on Sunday. Mother nature messed with me from Pensacola all the way down to Fort Myers. We even had to pull off for about an hour just before Tampa :rolleyes: due to black skies.
Bad news, didn't get in one lighthouse frown just the Alamo and one mission.

Ruthie,
That is great news! That is one on many lights that need the help! They will be real excited! Thanks again for taking care of it! I miss you guys already.

Thanks, Grace! BTW, I Drove through Houston, God Bless you, cause it is like full contact driving over there smile I picked up my sister at GB Airport, now that's a BIG airport cool
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Need your help!!! - 07/04/06 10:39 PM

Glad you made it OK, Jim. We'll miss you here in Sunny AZ. Just keep remembering "It's a DRY heat!" as you swim through the Florida humidity.
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Need your help!!! - 07/04/06 11:24 PM

Congradulations on your move. You can think of AZ as Lighthouse names from a to z in stead of Arizona.
© 2024 Collector Forums