LighthouseKeepers.com

Participate & Post Winners

Posted By: Webmaster

Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/07 03:41 PM

Starting this month, one member of the Collector Forums will be selected at random to receive their choice of any currently available (non-retired) Harbour Lights, courtesy of Tony Constantino and Harbour Lights.

In the past, this contest was based on the number of visits to the Collector Forums.

Starting this month, it will be based simply on those who have made at least one post during the month.

The CF Software allows administrators (Saints) to bring up a list of member who have posted since a past date.

During March, for example, 109 members made at least one post. A random number will be selected between 1 and the number of members posting and that person on the list will have the ability to pick one item from among the currently available limited editions or open editions from Harbour Lights. (HL# product)

Saints will not be eligible to win; previous winners in the same calendar year will also be excluded.

Special thanks to Tony and to Harbour Lights for this monthly prize!

vhappy
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/07 04:19 PM

Thanks Tony
Great Idea.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/07 05:04 PM

Sounds like this contest is getting even better. vhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Webmaster:
[b]
In the past, this contest was based on the number of visits to the Collector Forums.

[b]Starting this month, it will be based simply on those who have made at least one post during the month.

[/b]
John, I thought Jan, Feb, & March contest was based on if you atleast posted once in that month. Just curious is to what defined a visit? Is it when you log in to the forum, read a post, or something else?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/07 05:49 PM

The user names of registered members who stay registered while cruising the forums appear at the bottom of the home page of the Forums. This list refreshes constantly, but only shows member visitors for about the previous 20 hours. No permanent record is kept, so it's not possible to view this except each day.

You did need to post to win, but the number of 'chances' you had to win was based on how many times your username showed up in that display on the home page.

This meant I had to capture those names at random times each day, save them, assemble them all at the end of the month, run some macros on them and then count how many total entries were in the pool.

Finally, I ran a random number program to select one to pick a winner from among the visitors and check to see that that user had posted in the month.

This new method gives all posters and equal chance -- and saves me a bunch of work.

I have chosen not to exclude posts in the "Welcome" threads or to this thread from qualifying -- again just to make it simpler for me.
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/25/07 12:36 AM

Quote:
Starting this month, one member of the Collector Forums will be selected at random to receive their choice of any currently available (non-retired) Harbour Lights, courtesy of Tony Constantino and Harbour Lights.
Thanks to Tony and HL for their support of these great forums! applaud
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/25/07 08:40 AM

What a great thing! Thank you Tony!! And thank you John for the administration etc.! applaud
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/25/07 12:21 PM

Good business sense, and great public relations! Many thanks to Tony C and Harbour Lights for making this possible!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/26/07 05:31 AM

Even though I don't get to post as much as I would like, it is really nice of Tony and H.L. to provide this kind of reward to people who love their products. We might not get to check the Forums very often but we always know they are there if we need them or want to catch up with old friends.
Judy

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/01/07 05:17 PM

Congratulations to Stan (Lighthouse Loon) who was selected at random from among the 86 Collector Forums members who posted at least one message during April 2007.

Stan will get his choice of a currently available Harbour Lights, courtesy of Tony Constantino and Harbour Lights.

Stan, please email me your full name and shipping address and your choice of product and I'll pass it on to Tony.

And everyone here will be giving you advice on which ONE to choose.

The new list of posting members started today. All it takes is ONE post in the month of May to qualify for the drawing to be held June 1.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/01/07 11:22 PM

I see Lighthouse Loon is posting around but hasn't discovered he's the winner yet so I'll bring this to the top for his attention!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/01/07 11:28 PM

vhappy John, I've seen it. Just finish doing a few cartwheels(not really). Now I just have to figure what HL I want.

The Offical Collectors Guide should come in handy to see which HL's aren't retired.

Thank You John & Tony!!! bow

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/07 01:12 AM

If you like them Limited, here's a link to view thumbnails of all the available limited editions (except for the April announcements.)

http://www.harbourlights.com/catalog/available/limited.htm
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/07 01:27 AM

Congrats Stan! cool

Judy
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/07 01:50 AM

Good for you Stan!!! cheers
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/07 02:00 AM

Way to go Stan!!! applaud
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/07 04:06 AM

Way to go Stan.
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/07 03:57 PM

Congratulations Stan! towel

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/07 08:45 PM

Congratulations Stan! waytogo

Well there is no question, which one I would choose: Galveston Jetty Texas HL #338!!!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/07 11:26 PM

Good goin' Stan!
Judy
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/03/07 12:58 AM

Way to go Stan. Congratulations.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/03/07 02:24 AM

applaud Happy for you!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/03/07 12:50 PM

Congrats, Stan! That is a great prize to win!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/03/07 05:44 PM

Congrats Stan, pick a good one!
Posted By: BeaconBob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/03/07 09:53 PM

Way to go Stan! You probably have all the ones from around here already! I'd go for a new one!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/03/07 11:51 PM

Thanks everybody !!!

Well I submited my request a few hours after I found out I won on Tuesday. I haven't heard anything either way, so I'm assuming the one I picked will be what I'm getting.

I choose Cape Charles, VA. I've been looking to add this one to my collection for about a year now. No Harbour Lights dealers I've been to have it, I wasn't able to buy if from a few CF members that were selling some of their HL's, and there haven't been many on Ebay.

I have most of the new ones from this year and last year that I want, the includes Galveston Jetty. Thanks Margret for the advice, I would have picked that one if I didn't already have it.

Good Luck posting this month. Looking forward to seeing who wins. smile

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/01/07 05:52 AM

Did you receive your Cape Charles yet?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/01/07 06:09 AM

During May, 2007, 80 registered members made at least one post to the Collector Forums. At random, #75 was selected on the list.

The winner is a relatively new member "Rotty" who joined in December 2006 and has made 2 posts total. One in May, so that qualified him to be in the pool of possible winners for May.

Rotty has posted most recently that he and his spouse are taking Dave's tour of Long Island lights and so it may be a few extra days before he posts his reply here and emails me with the full name, shipping address and his pick of the currently available Harbour Lights he would like to receive.

Thanks again to Harbour Lights for providing our monthly 'door prize'.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/01/07 02:15 PM

Quote:
Did you receive your Cape Charles yet?
John, Just received it yesterday. Seems there was some confusion at the Harbour Lights offices which caused the shipping request from Tony to fall throught the cracks. Very understandable with it being the first time.

Many Thanks to Tony, you and all at Harbour Lights for doing this and of course picking me as a winner for April.

The Cape Charles piece is spectactular, one of the best HL has made.

Congratulations to Rotty, the May winner!!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/05/07 01:48 AM

Congrats to Rotty for the May winner!
Waiting to hear from you for your choice of the lighthouse, and the adventure of the Long Island outing!

Congrats again!!! cool

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/05/07 04:41 PM

Congrats Rotty! towel waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/06/07 01:13 AM

Congratulations Rotty

groupwave

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/06/07 05:58 AM

Congratulations Rotty!!!! vhappy

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/08/07 02:44 AM

Still no word from Rotty.

But it is officially summertime (forum summer time, anyway).

There's always a slow down in the number of posts when the weather and outdoor opportunities draw folks with real lives away.

While the number of posts are down, I note that the number of site visitors still seems to be strong with between 175-200 visitors each day.

So if you're among the non-posters, this is a good time to make a post and be in the running for another monthly "pick the one you want" opportunity thanks to Harbour Lights.

Don't be shy, the winner in May had joined months before and only made two posts thus far. I see others who've joined many months ago with less than a handful of total posts after several years of membership.

All are welcome who share an interest in Lighthouses and Harbour Lights. We're also strong right now on grandkids and birds. Pets and flowers should be 'blooming' on the CF soon.

welcome Join right in!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/18/07 04:06 PM

Any word from Rotty ?
Posted By: Rotty

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/22/07 10:29 PM

Rotty thanks all the lighthouse lovers on the forum.

I was busy with the trip with Dave in Long Island.

The trip was very nice and enjoyed all the people that went.
We have had some bad luck but working thru this short set back. Right before the trip my wife was told she had cancer so we have been working on getting her better. The Long Island trip was a good diversion for her. All is going well with her finishing the first week of Chemo and radiation. She has handled this week very strong and we hope the other 5 weeks goes this good.

Thank-you vhappy s for us being the May winner

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/22/07 11:02 PM

Congratulations Rotty!!!

Sorry to hear of your wife's cancer. Glad you went on Dave's LI trip. I bet it was good medicine for you and your wife's spirit. You were in good company!!!

When you get around to it, let us know what HL you picked as your prize.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/23/07 12:03 PM

Congratulations Rotty - from England too!
Hope your wife continues to get better! We will include you and her in our prayers.!

Let us know which lighthouse you chose!
Posted By: Rotty

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/23/07 06:40 PM

towel
I picked the new 2007 Christmas piece Hospital Point Lighthouse. Thanks

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/07 07:54 AM

For June 2007, we had 81 members who made at least one post. Randomly selected from among these Collector Forum posting members was #39 on the list: AZ Lightkeeper - Jim Gullo.

Jim, email me your current shipping address and your choice of any currently available Harbour Lights and it will be yours, courtesy of Harbour Lights!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/07 03:22 PM

Congratulations Jim !!! towel

Nice pick Rotty !!! cheers

cool With the new releases, it's good that the winners have them to pick from as well as maybe something they missed from recent years.

waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/07 03:57 PM

Congratulations Jim

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/07 04:31 PM

Wow, too cool! vhappy Thanks to Harbour Lights and the Collector Forums! This is so exciting!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/07 05:45 PM

Congratulations Jim!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/02/07 08:12 PM

waytogo Jim...don't forget to let us know what you choose.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/03/07 02:38 AM

Great choice Rotty.

Congratulations Jim.

waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/10/07 05:40 PM

Are you on this list?

Quote:
Lorie Roe, Cyndi, Jim Chesher, Bob Ott, Sunshine, mghusge, HCS, flacoastie, 5lights, DANIEL, Weasel58, wheland, Bob M, garyesqu, Jake, RoyMcB, Hal Dean, bright eyes, Lighthouse Duo, Lazarhynn, lvhrbrlts, ericlighthouse, seagirt, rscroope, MrsTLC, LADYBUG, Lighthouse Ghost, Tom and Joyce Abbott, Tammy Wolfe, Lighthouse Loon, Dave H, Dale K. Benington, fscjr, WackoPaul, Bill Bowen, kory63, Cana Fan, bodielight, Lighthouser, Webmaster, Mark Wagner, The Earl of Munster, buoyhunter_190, Beverly Volkmar, dwinzell, SDudley, catzb1, Jim Awrey, and 166 guest(s)
I see lots of familiar names here, but not ALL of them have posted lately.

While you are cruising through, post a reply. You could win your choice of any currently available Harbour Lights. Drawing held monthly from among members who have had at least ONE post in the month.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/10/07 11:20 PM

Way to go Jim! waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/10/07 11:56 PM

Waiting to see what I get, I gave the following list in order of preference for HL to chose from:
1. 695 First order lens
2. 678 Pointe Vicente Lens
3. 288 Sand Key
4. 906 Old North Church
5. 340 Point Sur
6. 290 Anclote Key

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/11/07 02:04 AM

Quote:
While you are cruising through, post a reply. You could win your choice of any currently available Harbour Lights. Drawing held monthly from among members who have had at least ONE post in the month.
I know, I know,....no saints are eligible!

This is still a great opportunity for our fellow CF members to participate and win big time!

smile Bob smile

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/11/07 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZlightkeeper:
Waiting to see what I get, I gave the following list in order of preference for HL to chose from:
1. 695 First order lens
2. 678 Pointe Vicente Lens
3. 288 Sand Key
4. 906 Old North Church
5. 340 Point Sur
6. 290 Anclote Key
Who did you send that request to Jim? I didn't get it if you sent it to me.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/11/07 03:04 AM

John, I sent it to webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com , just sent again tonight, let me know if you don't get it.
Thanks.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/11/07 05:13 AM

I got the one from today, Jim and passed the info Tony. He's in Atlanta through mid-next week at the Atlanta Gift Show.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/12/07 12:31 AM

No problem, I'm just excited I won laugh

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/12/07 02:47 PM

Quote:
I'm just excited I won laugh
Rightfully so, Jim! It's always nice to participate in something and come out with a special prize that you will always remember where it came from every time you see it. The best part is you just had to participate by making at least one post in a month at the CF.

If you were going to buy that piece anyway, you just saved yourself enough money to go out for dinner some evening. All this thanks to the generosity of the people at Harbour Lights, and your affiliation with your fellow collectors at the CF. How can you beat that?

smile Bob smile

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/01/07 05:27 AM

July found 78 members posting on the Collector Forums - just a drop or two from the past few months and not bad for the middle of summer.

The winner of the 'Participate & Post' for July was Rick - Kory63 who posted a few days ago on how happy he was with the Racine Reef light when it arrived.

Congratulations Rick! Now you get ANOTHER Harbour Lights and someone ELSE pays for it -- Harbour Lights. Please email me your choice from any currently available HL along with your full name and shipping address and I'll pass it along to Tony for fulfillment.

Thanks to all who are active members posting. And thanks also to our 'silent supporters' who cruise through here at the rate of 175-225 people a day checking out the Collector Forums.

Next contest period starts now. If you don't post, you can't win.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/01/07 02:26 PM

Congratulations Rick (Kory63) !!! cheers
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/01/07 09:33 PM

Yeeehaw! Way to go Rick....

Rusty smile
Posted By: kory63

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/02/07 12:22 AM

FAAAANTASTIC!!! vhappy vhappy vhappy
Just logged on to the CF's and found I won!! What a great surprise!
Just e-mailed John w/my selection: This years Christmas piece, Hospital Point Ma. Really liked it when visited it w/NELL's LH and Hot Chocolate a couple of years ago!
I was especialy surprised because I am re-habbing from spinal surgery done in Feb. and am not yet staying at home and have just figured out logging on to the Forum's to be able to post!
In truth I forgot my password!! I think I've only posted 2/3 times since leaving the hospital!
So you don't need to post a lot of times! All you need is 1!!
Thanks to John, Tony and the people at Harbour Lights for making this possible! bow bow
Rick

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/02/07 06:20 PM

Congratulations Rick! applaud

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/02/07 05:27 PM

86 Collector Forums members posted in August and the lucky winner is....

Margret Butcher AKA Lighthouse-Duo!

Congratulations! email me at webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com with your choice of a currently available Harbour Lights and we'll get Tony to ship it to you.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/02/07 05:35 PM

Congratulations Margret!! smile

A lucky August for you and hubby!!! cool

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/02/07 11:59 PM

WOW ... this is something SPECIAL ... may we think about this? THANK YOU John, HL and Tony!!! groupwave

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/03/07 12:06 AM

Congrats!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/03/07 12:26 AM

waytogo Margret!!!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/03/07 12:29 AM

Way to go Lighthouse Duo!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/03/07 12:42 AM

towel Way to go Margret!!! I'm so happy for you! laugh

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/03/07 02:24 AM

Very happy for you Margret...Let us know what you choose.
waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/03/07 02:22 PM

towel

cheers

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/03/07 08:24 PM

We have made a choice ... let me tell you why first smile

It was Labor Day Weekend in 2002 and we were driving along the Texas Coast with a list of lighthouses we wanted to see.
We had already seen Half Moon Reef and Lydia Ann Channel light and Point Bolivar and now we had reached Galveston. We "knew" there was a lighthouse there and we wanted to see it.
We searched and searched ... too proud to ask anyone ... and when we finally did ... well you all know what happened ...

in May 2000 the lighthouse had been blown over by a storm. groupwave

Looking forward to it .... applaud
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/03/07 10:06 PM

Congratulations Margret! towel

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/04/07 01:47 AM

Hey Margret! Congratulations....I just got back from vacation and saw this post. And a good choice of lights as well. Enjoy!

Bob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/04/07 04:55 PM

Congrats Margret! Great pick for the HL! Hopefully this one won't fall over? (You know how authentic HL gets? lol) :rolleyes:
Bob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/07 05:53 AM

The calendar slipped by me, but no one seems to have noticed.

Congratulations to Zandar whose name was randomly selected from among the 95 members who posted at least one time to the Collector Forums during the month of September.

Zandar is a new member who joined this month. I've contacted him by email.

Please join me in congratulating Zandar for winning his/her choice of any currently available Harbour Lights.

The prize is from the Collector Forums -- courtesy of Harbour Lights.

Keep posting!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/07 06:15 AM

Why to go Zandar!!!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/07 11:48 AM

Congrats, Zandar! What a way to start your affiliation with all the family of friends here at the CF! You must be lucky.

smile Bob smile

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/07 01:36 PM

Congratulations Zandar

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/07 03:36 PM

Congratulations Zandar!
waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/07 06:29 PM

Congratulations to Zandar for winning a HL for posting on the forums during September! Let's us know what your choice is for your prize! wink

We were waiting for your announcement JC! smile

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/07 10:49 PM

Congratulations Zandar!!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/08/07 12:59 PM

Cogratulations Zandar.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/09/07 10:54 PM

Way to go, Zandar!!! towel

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/11/07 01:10 AM

A big congratulations! Way to go!
Bill and Judy
Posted By: Zandar

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/11/07 05:22 AM

My name is Mark and I feel very fortunate to have won after having just become a member . I want to thank John, Tony, and HL. I am wainting to see what lighthouse I will recieve. My list of preferces were as follows

1) HL 697 Racine Reef
2) HL 678 Point Vicente Lighthouse lens
3) Sand Key, Fl

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/01/07 05:35 PM

I had to disqualify the first name randomly drawn from among the 78 CF members who posted this month. I don't think Tony Constantino would have approved -- of himself as the winner!

So the second name drawn was...

Frank Carbone!

Congrats Frank! Please email me your choice from among the currently available Harbour Lights products and Tony will get it out to you, courtesy of Harbour Lights.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/01/07 06:14 PM

Congratulations FRANK

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/01/07 06:25 PM

Congratulations Frank! waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/01/07 06:56 PM

Congratulations Frank !!! towel

Please let us know what you pick. smile
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/13/07 05:53 AM

Way to go Frank. smile smile smile

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/13/07 03:54 PM

Does anyone know what HL, Frank picked as his award?
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/13/07 05:44 PM

Maybe Frank will post it?! bow

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/04/07 04:38 AM

And the winner for November is....

Bob!

Bob In...

Bob In the...

Bob In The Berkshires

That's Bob Taylor!

Congrats Bob and thanks for posting in November - looks like you just made it with your post on November 30. You were among 99 Collector Forums members to post during November.

You know the deal, Bob -- you win your choice of any of the Harbour Lights currently available to dealers. Just email me your choice and we'll start the wheels rolling.

webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/04/07 05:29 AM

Congratulations, Bob! cheers Let us know what you pick!
Posted By: Roland Babineau

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/04/07 06:19 AM

applaud Congrats!!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/04/07 03:15 PM

Congratulations
Bob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/04/07 03:39 PM

Congratulations, Bob! towel

waytogo

Let us know what you pick!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/04/07 09:16 PM

Congratulations to you Bob!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/04/07 10:01 PM

Congratulations Bob! Hope you enjoy your HL! Let us know which one is your favorite!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/01/08 08:29 PM

91 CF members posted in December 2007 and one lucky Texan came up the winner selected randomly from those posting.

Congratulations to Grace -- Beachcomber -- who wins her choice of any currently available Harbour Lights piece courtesy of Harbour Lights.

All the past winners can go back into the pool for 2008 as we continue to reward members for posting in their Collector Forums.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/01/08 09:07 PM

Congratulations Grace. Wayto go! towel

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/01/08 09:21 PM

Congratulations Grace !!! Let us know what you pick !!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/01/08 09:31 PM

Very happy for you Grace! waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 01:06 AM

Congratulations Grace ! Would love to hear which one you pick!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 01:37 AM

Another win for a Forum member. Congrats. Grace.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 01:53 AM

Thanks, Everybody! It does pay to post. cool I'm really going to have to think about this but will definitely let you know what I request and whether I'm able to get it.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 02:57 AM

waytogo Grace!
Posted By: Bruce and Judy

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 04:44 AM

Congratulations Grace on your win!
Hopefully we can follow you next month.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 05:14 AM

Congratulations Grace!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 02:48 PM

Congratulations Grace! towel

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 02:53 PM

Very happy you won Grace! smile
Posted By: HCS

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 04:27 PM

Way to go Grace! towel
HCS

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/02/08 08:36 PM

Congrats, Grace! What a great way to start the HL New Year!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/03/08 01:22 AM

Congratulations !!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/05/08 02:11 AM

Congratulations Grace. I am so happy for you.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/08/08 05:11 AM

Now don't everybody groan! :rolleyes: I rarely buy a GLOW. HOWEVER, I love Bass Harbor and finally got to see it when the Wackos went to Maine - what a fantastic trip that was! laugh The pictures of the Bass Harbor GLOW really look beautiful, but I wouldn't want to spend my limited funds on it, soooo I will let HL pay for it!! That's my pick for the free light. wink

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/08/08 11:32 AM

Good choice Grace! I for one will not groan. I have several GLOWs and actually rather like them. Especially when they are connected to a nice memory like actually seeing the light!
Hope you get yours quickly!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/08/08 04:25 PM

Great choice, Grace!

I too collect GLOW's and the Bass Harbor GLOW is a great improvement over the original LE.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/08/08 09:29 PM

I agree, Stan. A lot of the GLOW's have more detail AND include more of the grounds than the original LE's. That makes them really beautiful. One of those where there is more to the model in the LE is Sanibel. I bought the GLOW when I thought I would never get the original. After I purchased the LE and compared the two, the LE is far superior to the GLOW. I hope I don't have to wait too long for Bass Harbor. wink
Posted By: Zandar

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/30/08 12:46 AM

I just wanted to inquire to see if any other prize winners had recieved their pieces. I won in October. I am just wondering what is the status is on these pieces. I know that John had said, several weeks ago, that he was going to work on getting these out. I have not heard anything since though. I am really excited about receiving my prize. As I am sure the rest of the prize winners are too.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 01/30/08 09:56 AM

I won last AUGUST and have not received my piece either yet.

I know John has been trying to sort this problem out, but it doesn't seem to be in his power.

Seems like "the powers to be" at HL have a problem with sending these gifts out, doesn't it?

And we were so looking forward to our Galveston Jetty Light, after having missed the real thing by a couple of months wink

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/07/08 04:52 AM

Is the "participate and post" monthly winner active for 2008?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/07/08 04:51 PM

Who is our winner for January?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/07/08 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DANIEL:
Who is our winner for January?
Grace(Beachcomber) was the winner. She picked the Bass Harbor GLOW as her prize.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/07/08 05:23 PM

Grace was the winner for the December posting.
Maybe I didn't say it right.
Who is the Febuary winner for their January postings?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/08/08 02:53 AM

The winner for January was Kim Fuller of Missouri. His choice of any currently available HL or one of the 2008 announced pieces. Kim -- email me your choice and I'll pass it on to Tony.

As always, thanks to all the members who took time to post in January -- a total of 111, up 10% or so from previous months. Kim is not a frequent poster, but took the time to tell which of the Founders Collection pieces he purchased -- and that will add one more to his collection.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/08/08 03:26 AM

Congratulations Kim!

What a nice belated birthday present for ya!!! laugh

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/08/08 04:26 AM

Way to Kim

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/08/08 05:04 AM

towel waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/08/08 01:33 PM

Congratulations Kim! groupwave

And I hope we'll soon all get our choices!
frown

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/08/08 03:24 PM

Congratulations Kim!

Please let us know what you pick!

Good luck to all on winning for next month!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/09/08 02:39 AM

Way to go Kim! Can't wait to see what you pick!
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/09/08 03:08 AM

Congratulations Kim! Pick a good one.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/09/08 02:03 PM

Congratulations Kim. Let us know what you choose.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/10/08 03:35 AM

Has anybody received their pieces? I knew HL was behind on shipments when I won in December and have been wondering how much longer it might be. Zander, did you get your October prize? Margret, what about your prize for August?

Congratulations, Kim! cheers

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/10/08 10:52 AM

NOTHING

as yet ... not even an answer to numerous emails to HL

I understand, this is a freebee and we should not moan about it. But I even offered to pay for the additional postage (since they didn't bargain on sending prises to the UK). Still I have received no answer to my emails.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/10/08 11:47 AM

Obviously, there's a glitch in the system that needs to be addressed. I'm surprised you didn't receive replies to your emails. Yet again I sent two emails to Tony in January and didn't receive any replies. That is not good business practices when you're working with a some what of a tight-knit group.

It's all part of growing up, I guess.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes:

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/10/08 08:14 PM

The delay may be because there are some changes going on behind the scenes at corporate HL. Tony may be a little busy at the moment. Something about all local HL dealers will work directly with HL and not have field sale reps anymore.

You have to wonder with the recession that's been brewing for the last few years, how it's going to affect the collectable market. Collectables are one of the first purchases we give up. That and home renovations(my business).

nono If anyone is going to post reply comments, I suggest we move it to it's own thread. My intent was not to hijack this one, but to give a reason for the delay in receiving your prizes.

LONG LIVE HARBOUR LIGHTS !!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/24/08 08:39 AM

Hooray! I received my Bass Harbor yesterday. vhappy According to Tony's post in another thread, all the 2007 prizes have been shipped.

Thanks to John for this great idea and to HL for agreeing to it! waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 02/24/08 07:48 PM

Grace, good to hear you got your Bass Harbor piece. Hope that means all of last years winners now have their prizes. cool

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 01:20 AM

And the winner is someone who...

1. Lives In the "Heartland"
2. Joined the CF 6-24-2003
3. Has WACKO status with 90 posts (as of 3/1/2008)
4. Participates in the Post Card Exchanges
5. Real name is Bill Edwards

What is his CF Name?

Bill should email me with his choice of any currently available Harbour Lights (see www.HarbourLights.com)

Harbour Lights will ship that choice directly to your home (within 10 days?)

Thanks and congratulations for being among the 83 registered members of the Collector Forums to post in Febuary 2008.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 12:49 PM

Congrats, Bill! What a great way to start the month of March winning your choice of the new HL lineup!

smile Bob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 01:55 PM

Way to go Bill !!!! Ain't it great to start off a month with a win.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 05:57 PM

Congratulations Bill. Let use all know which HL you pick.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 06:44 PM

So one of you 'detectives' out there need to come up with Bill's screen name.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 07:06 PM

Quote:
So one of you 'detectives' out there need to come up with Bill's screen name.
Sooner Schooner

OK now what do I win ???

Congrats Bill !!! towel

Let us know what you pick !!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 08:20 PM

Congratulations Bill !!

Hope you'll love your choice as much as we love ours!

And yeas ... last year's seem to have arrived. Even this side of the pond !!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 09:20 PM

Congrats! towel Fantastic way to start off the month of March!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/02/08 11:24 PM

Way to go Bill! Glad you won!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/03/08 11:27 PM

Good for you Bill! towel
Posted By: Sooner Schooner

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/04/08 01:58 AM

Thanks all,

My choice, a very difficult one, was the lighted New Cape Henry, VA.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 03/30/08 07:50 PM

Will you be joining the list of winners?

Only today and Monday to make a post and be included among the 83 registered members who have posted so far this month on the Collector Forums.

So easy -- and your odds are going to be better than 1 in 100 (depending on how many of you choose to post.)

We started this drawing process in April 2007 so this will be the 12th month. Many, many thanks to Tony, Don and Harbour Lights for supporting this program and allowing winners to choose a Harbour Lights from any of the currently available pieces.

Once you are a winner, you will not be eligible to win again for one year. (i.e. The April 2007 winner will become eligible again for the April 2008 drawing.)

Here are the past winners: (None of these are eligible for this month's drawing -- so your odds are even better than 1 in 100)

Apr 07 Stan (Lighthouse Loon) - Cape Charles VA
May 07 Rotty - Hospital Point MA
Jun 07 Jim Gullo - First Order Fresnel
Jul 07 Rick (Kory 63) - Hospital Point MA
Aug 07 Margret (Lighthouse-Duo) - Galveston Jetty
Sep 07 Mark (Zandar) - Racine Reef WI
Oct 07 Frank Carbone - USCG Taney Set
Nov 07 Bob Taylor (Bob In The Berkshires) - ??
Dec 07 Grace Hewett (Beachcomber) - Bass Harbor ME GLOW
Jan 07 Kim Fuller (lvhrbrlts) - Sand Key FL
Feb 07 Bill (Sooner Schooner) - New Cape Henry VA
Mar 07 Will it be YOU?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/08 03:49 AM

Hey Max Brail! COME ON DOWN!

You are the lucky winner in the participate & post drawing! Lucky you -- one of 88 registered members to post during March 2008.

Better known on these Collector Forums as "Middle I-land MI Max".

Email me your choice of any Harbour Lights lighthouse currently available and in stock at the HL HQ and Tony will ship it to you directly.

Include your shipping address when you contact me.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/08 02:22 PM

Congratulations Max !!!

Let us know what you pick !!!

towel

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/08 02:28 PM

Congradulations
Middle I-land MI Max.

What are you going to pick?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/08 05:24 PM

waytogo waytogo Congratulations and like all the above , WHAT LH will you pick??
Rick

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/08 09:02 PM

Congratulations to the March winner. waytogo and yes, we would like to know your choice.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/02/08 11:14 PM

Congratulations!
Would love to know which HL you'll choose!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/03/08 01:17 PM

Congratulations Max. waytogo
Please let us know what HL you pick.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/03/08 06:45 PM

Congratulations Max! applaud

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/04/08 02:41 PM

Congrats! smile

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/04/08 03:56 PM

Congrats to Max on his winning this month's P&P. Being able to pick a current HL is a definite great prize. Thank you, Harbour Lights, for generously supplying the prizes.

smile Bob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/04/08 10:00 PM

FYI... I'm still waiting on mine, its been a month now.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/08/08 11:51 PM

Congratulations MAX! Can't wait to see what you pick out!
Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/09/08 05:51 AM

Thanks for all your kind congratulations! Sure surprised me to win the WP #1 and the P&P the same month. I've got my choice narrowed down to a Fresnel lens or an Anchor Bay. Will let y'll know my final decision.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/22/08 10:47 PM

Well John, I've "come on down" again with my P&P request for HL673-Hereford 4th order Fresnel Lens. I almost requested AB121 the USCGC Taney matched set( expensive tastes).

I sincerely thank HL, Tony, John, and any others who help this fantastic award program continue!!

Max

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/08 02:14 AM

Congratulations to CG Buoyjumper who wins his choice of any available Harbour Lights.

He was one of 72 members who posted in April (down significantly from last month's 88 members.)

If you are the winner, email me at webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com, including your full name, shipping address, phone number and your choice.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/08 02:20 PM

Congrats CG Buoyjumper !!!

cheers

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/08 02:33 PM

Congratulations!

Great chance to get "THE" HL which is missing from your collection!
Let us know which one that is!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/08 08:55 PM

Way to go CG Buoyjumper!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/08 09:18 PM

Congrats! Let us know what you pick if you please!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/02/08 10:15 PM

Congratulations CG Buoyjumper! waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/03/08 12:45 AM

Got my March winner this week, thanks...

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/08/08 01:56 PM

Congratulations CG Buoyjumper.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 05/08/08 04:07 PM

Congrats to CG Buoyjumper on his win! What a nice surprise to find out you have your choice of a new HL for free. Thank you Harbour Lights for supporting the CF in this manner.

smile Bob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/02/08 03:50 AM

Congratulations! We have another winner....

Here's the list of winners from the past 11 months: (Not eligible for this drawing)

Jan 08 Kim Fuller (lvhrbrlts) - Sand Key FL
Feb 08 Bill (Sooner Schooner) - New Cape Henry VA
Mar 08 Max Brail - Hereford 4th order Fresnel Lens
Apr 08 CGBuoy Tender - ??

And add Fran to this list. She's the winner of for the month of May, 2008.

You know the prize, Fran. Pick a currently available Harbour Lights lighthouse. (I'm sure Tony will let you wait until one of the June editions is out.)

Just email me your choice Fran and I'll pass it on the HL HQ.

Thanks to the 94 members who posted on the CF during May -- And thanks to Harbour Lights for keeping this prize going!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/02/08 02:05 PM

Congratulations Fran !!! towel

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/02/08 09:03 PM

Congratulations Fran!!! Isn't P&P an exciting idea? I can speak from experience.

I received my pick--HL#673 4th order Fresnel lens Hereford Inlet, NJ from HL recently for my March '08 P&P prize. It's #2887 and arrived well packed (in airbags) and in perfect shape.

Thanks again Tony for getting this shipped so quickly after I contacted you because I had not heard anything about my pick. AND,thanks again to all involved in this P&P program at HL and CF! Max

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/03/08 11:59 PM

I don't think Fran knows yet. Maybe moving this back into view will get her to notice!!!
Posted By: Bill Bowen

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/04/08 01:56 PM

Congratulations Fran!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/04/08 02:21 PM

Congratulations Fran.
Remember to order something expensive, like the new Sankaty Head.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/04/08 04:06 PM

Congratulations Fran!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/05/08 11:04 AM

Congrats, Fran! You certainly have some great prizes to pick from.

smile Bob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/06/08 10:33 PM

Congratulations Fran!!!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/07/08 06:34 PM

Fran knows now!! She just found out at the Regional as I type this!! She is looking over my shoulder and talking to Tony about what piece she wants.. I am on-line with the New Orleans Yacht Club's wireless connection..

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/08/08 12:41 PM

Congratulations Fran ... interested to see what you choose!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/10/08 03:48 PM

Fran didn't know until I told her on the way to the regional. She even had me wondering if I was right until after she checked with Dave.
Posted By: fra02441

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/10/08 08:31 PM

I had no idea I had won. We were in Cyndi's car driving in New Orleans when she said something about me winning and said I havent looked at that post in a while. I asked her if she was sure it was me. Now she was not sure if it was me until I asked Dave. I was shocked. Then I bought a ticket at the regional And won the Roanoke River. I was sooooooo excited. You should have been there it was great. I asked for the 50th anniversery piece and Tony was sitting right next to me at the regional. What a treat.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 06/11/08 12:22 AM

waytogo Fran!!!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/08 12:44 PM

Fran - Congrat's -- you went right to the source. What is the 50th Anniversary Piece??? Stay on Tony unil it arrives!

This month's winner is Suzanne Murphy. I WONDER what her requested piece will be???

Suzanne, please email webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com with your choice; I'll record you on the list and forward your request to TC at HQ.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/08 02:20 PM

Congrats Suzanne !!! waytogo

Let us know what you pick.

John, Care to fill us in on the 50th Anniversary Piece??? Sounds like a typo! Most lights are older than that, & HL's are much "Younger" than that.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/08 02:28 PM

Congrats Suzanne vhappy

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/08 05:20 PM

Fran - What is the 50th Anniversary Piece?

Suzanne - Congratulations. It sure is fun to win.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/08 05:53 PM

Without looking it up, and just going from memory (that's a mastake in my case!! LOL). Isn't that the one with the clear green water that lights up blinking 1,2,3 (I Love You). The one Bill had made for thier 50th Wedding Anniversary????

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/08 07:37 PM

I'm pretty sure you right Steph!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/01/08 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shortcake:
Without looking it up, and just going from memory (that's a mastake in my case!! LOL). Isn't that the one with the clear green water that lights up blinking 1,2,3 (I Love You). The one Bill had made for thier 50th Wedding Anniversary????
I thought the Minots Ledge piece was retired last year?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/08/08 04:51 AM

Congratulations Suzanne! Hope you pick a special piece!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/08/08 03:20 PM

Congratulations Suzanne! applaud

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/09/08 04:55 PM

I just got back from vacation. Went to visit my Grandson in Il. and Jenifer Selwa in Michigan. I had a fabulous time. Jen promised to post some pictues. I wont have time for a while.

The 50th piece is Pottawatomie.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/09/08 05:43 PM

I thought Pottawatomie was a 150th Anniversary piece. The first 550 even come with a special stamp stating that.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/09/08 05:49 PM

My mistake. For some reason I thought it was the 50th.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 07/14/08 08:05 PM

Congratulations Suzanne. waytogo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/01/08 08:03 AM

Wicky-Wacky -- COME ON DOWN!

You are the lucky winner for July 2008!

Email webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com with your choice of any currently available Harbour Lights and Tony Constantino will ship it out to you.

Thanks for being a CF Member -- and a poster in July.

Thanks to Harbour Lights!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/01/08 02:11 PM

Congrats Wicky Wacky !!! cheers

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/01/08 08:15 PM

Congratulations Wicky Wacky ... Well done! What a chance ... Let us know which one you pick!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/02/08 01:43 AM

Congratulations! Hope you pick a real ggod one!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 08/03/08 05:12 PM

Thanks to Tony at HL and all those who make this site the one I go to first. I was going to pass on this light or make it my birthday wish.

Sankaty on the Move was my choice. It's going to be an early birthday present. Once again, thanks to all those who work to make this site a success and to Harbour Lights for all their efforts.

Now I can concentrate my efforts looking for #111.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/06/08 04:47 PM

Who won the September 1st "Participate and Post" lighthouse

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/06/08 07:48 PM

And the P&P winner for August 2008 ??

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/06/08 09:03 PM

The September 1st and August 2008 P&P winner is one and the same.
Posted By: PFC

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/07/08 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:
The September 1st and August 2008 P&P winner is one and the same.
confused confused ???????????
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/07/08 03:35 AM

The person selected on Sept 1 would have posted during the month of August.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/07/08 04:57 AM

Yep--now we just have to know who that person was.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/15/08 12:55 AM

So are we going to find out who the August winner is who usually would have gotten picked on September 1st?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/19/08 09:05 AM

... maybe not?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/22/08 06:15 PM

Since John is back maybe we can find out who the month of August winner is?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/26/08 03:09 PM

I am Bringing this back up.
John don't forget.
We are almost a month behind on the participate and Win. In five days we will be ready for another winner.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/26/08 06:35 PM

John--the ball is in your court. We just need a short explanation of what is happening with P&P. Please don't leave us hanging any longer.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 09/29/08 05:58 PM

I think we'll be back on track this coming Wednesday.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/02/08 02:40 PM

Somehow...I don't think so Stan! It's now Thursday! smile

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/02/08 03:48 PM

nono growing old here waiting & wondering...

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/02/08 08:50 PM

YEP ... ME TOO ...

not that I expect to win ... (been there done that) ... but I am always pleased to hear about other's fortunes.

John ... what's cooking? Have we had any new winners, or is this lovely "game" done with?

Would be nice to know!!!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/03/08 12:21 AM

Playing catch up now:

Congrats to a Newbie "michlightkeeper" for being the August winner - joined and posted in the same month. I've contacted him/her by email to get his info and will encourage him/her to post their selection.

And the winner for September is "AZpharologist" - Art from Tucson. I've sent him an email also.

Thanks, as always, to Tony, Don and Harbour Lights for supporting the Collector Forums.

October is here - time for some of the 300+ people who cruise through the Collector Forums on an average day without posting. YOU could be a winner. All it takes is a single post before November 1.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/03/08 01:27 AM

Congrats to michlightkeeper and to AZpharologist! Whew!!! Glad we are caught up now!

Let us know what you decide to pick...there are soo many choices! smile
Posted By: michlightkeeper

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/03/08 05:40 AM

I chose Seul Choix Lighthouse (Harbour Lights #349) in Gulliver, Michigan, a lighthouse known for the beauty of its architecture. I really enjoyed participating here and sharing the history of the Michigan lights. Thanks for your interest and fairness in this contest.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/03/08 01:45 PM

Congratulations michlightkeeper and AZpharologist.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/03/08 02:14 PM

Great to hear we did have an August winner !!!

Congratulations to both August and September winners, Michlightkeeper and AZpharologist !!!

towel cheers

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/03/08 03:46 PM

Congratulations to both winners! applaud
(Glad we're back on track!)

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/04/08 01:18 AM

Great to know that we're back on track. I feel that this program is getting more people to post. And that's GOOD! groupwave

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/04/08 07:22 PM

Well done michlightkeeper and to AZpharologist! Congratulations!

Let us know the choice you made!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/08 03:25 PM

Congratulations to our latest winners!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/07/08 06:01 PM

Congratulations to michlightkeeper and AZpharologist!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 10/16/08 03:27 AM

Kudos to you both. Let us know what you choose.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/02/08 04:58 PM

John
The time has come around again.
Who is our winner for participate and post for October.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/02/08 08:40 PM

I'll second that! How about we get in done within the first week of November, just like the election.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/03/08 05:48 PM

AMEN to the election comment!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/03/08 06:01 PM

Double AMEN !!! I'm electioned out !!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/04/08 12:08 AM

Works for me!!! I can only stand it for another day...can't wait for it to be over...the elections that is!
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/04/08 02:43 AM

I'm so damn tired of all the election commercials and talk shows and news, I'm about ready to trash my TV and radio.

bobo

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/04/08 05:42 AM

Yup. I hear you all. All these "trash the other guy" ads filled with half the real story and voting records that slant what really happened and why.

Do they think were mindless morons?? What a WASTE of good money that could be put to much needed uses our country really needs to help our citizens not the media political ad profit coffers.

Limit each candidate to a certain sum of money to spend in approved ways and when they're out of money that's it and we're spared from further mombo jumbo.

OK Dave, were off topic, but it's timely and releases our frustrations. Maybe move us to the appropriate category?
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/04/08 03:51 PM

The recent discussion really belongs down in the FSB, but you have to remember that we don't allow political discussions. Comments made here have just mentioned what many of us are thinking of the endless flow of waste material coming thru and from the media - that is why I haven't deleted posts. And that would be one of the very, very few circumstances where I would delete a post . . . Every one is entitled to their beliefs, and I carry a retired military ID supporting that very important right. However, discussion of my person against your person in this kind of a setting just becomes devisive and is why we don't allow it. That said, let this be the last post that deviates from this thread's topic - move to the FSB to vent general frustration with the system. And, please be sure to do your civic duty today and go vote!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/04/08 04:45 PM

Back to Who one last month? Where has John gone?

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/15/08 05:02 PM

Do we have a October winner yet ???
Posted By: AZpharologist

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/16/08 03:45 AM

Found out I must have been a winner in Sept. If I got an E-mail so informing me, I missed it. Where do I go Next? Art Meyer AZpharologist

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/16/08 02:19 PM

I would first send an email to John. This is probably the only way you will be able to contact him since he hardly ever visits the Forums anymore.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/16/08 09:06 PM

Art: I sent an email to the address you have registered on the CF on 10-02-08 -- the same day I posted you as the winner.

You either have to change your email address here, or check this thread here to see if you win.

I did get your email, replied a few days ago, but have not heard what your choice is yet.

Rich: I don't have as much time as I used to to monitor and post. I'll tell you more by email.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/16/08 09:26 PM

Congratulations to a Newbie "blacklight" who participated in the Seahorse Search on Oct 23-24 and who was randomly selected from among the 51 members who posted at least once during the month of October.

Jeff, I'll email you at the registered email address regarding your winning your choice of any currently available Harbour Lights, courtesy of Harbour Lights!

With about 300-350 people visiting each day, you'd think more of you would want to get in on the winning by simply posting.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/16/08 09:29 PM

groupwave groupwave groupwave

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/16/08 10:43 PM

Congratulations to Art and Jeff !!
Both of you are lucky guys to have such a special choice!

Let us know what you chose, won't you! Please !!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/17/08 01:00 AM

Congratulations Jeff (Blacklight) !!! groupwave

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/17/08 08:06 PM

Congratulations "blacklight"

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/18/08 07:51 PM

Congrats to you "blacklight". Let us know your choice.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 11/19/08 12:27 PM

Jeff: My emails to you have been returned as undeliverable.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/01/08 04:27 PM

It is December 1st
And we all now what that means.

Its time for the Participate & Post Winner.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/01/08 07:02 PM

I'll post a winner this evening; this will be the final winner of a Harbour Lights. Join me in sending many thanks to Tony, Don and Harbour Lights for all the great prizes!!!

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/02/08 11:49 AM

Congrats to SDudley - winner for November 2008. Please contact me with your choice of a currently available Harbour Lights.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/02/08 12:50 PM

The folks at Harbour Lights deserve a big THANK YOU for supplying the prizes for the "participate & post" campaign.

One of the best things in the past of Harbour Lights was going to a signing or other event and winning a prize. The "participate & post" monthly event made it so easy that you didn't even have to leave the comfort of your home to win a great HL.

Thanks again to Don, Tony, and all the folks at Harbour Lights for making this possible.

smile Bob

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/02/08 03:00 PM

Congratulations go out to SDudley for being the final winner of a HL current edition. Thanks Harbour Lights for the past year for providing the lighthouses to give away.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/02/08 03:10 PM

cheers

Being a winner of the first one will always be a great memory I'll have when I look at my Cape Charles. cool
Posted By: SDudley

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/07/08 07:24 PM

Thank you Harbour Lights !

Thank you all !

What a great surprise.

Loon, you will be happy with my choice of Ludlum Beach.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/07/08 08:09 PM

Here's a summary of the 20 winners:

Quote:
Apr 07 Stan Lighthouse Loon - Cape Charles
May 07 Rotty - Hospital Point Christmas 2007
Jan 08 Kim Fuller (lvhrbrlts) - Sand Key FL
Feb 08 Bill (Sooner Schooner) - New Cape Henry VA
Mar 08 Max Brail - Hereford 4th order Fresnel Lens
Apr 08 CG BuoyJumper - ??
May 08 - Fran - Old Minot's Ledge
Jun 08 - Suzanne Murphy - Sankaty on the Move
Jul 08 - WickyWacky - Sankaty on the Move
Aug 08 - Max Brail - Seul Choix
Sep 08 - Art Meyer - Isle of Shoals
Oct 08 - Jeff Sines (Blacklight) - ?? His original choice was unavailable
Nov 08 - Stephen Dudley Ludlum Beach
Congratulations to all the winners and thanks again to Don, Tony and Harbour Lights!!
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/07/08 10:12 PM

I asked for Sankaty on the Move. I already owned a Pottawatomie.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/07/08 11:05 PM

Corrected; thanks Suzanne.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 12/07/08 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SDudley:

Loon, you will be happy with my choice of Ludlum Beach.
Good choice! I pick a VA, you pick a NJ. cool

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/06/09 07:24 PM

Have we discontinued the Participate and Post?
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/06/09 09:10 PM

I believe the drawing for HL products has ended, but everyone should still particapate and post.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/06/09 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 5lights:
Have we discontinued the Participate and Post?
Yeah, last November was the last month.

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/07/09 06:27 AM

Webmaster and all:

Although I really like Seul Choix, I just noticed I can't take credit for winning it in P&P Aug.'08 per your winner's list.

It was won by "michiganlightkeeper" Newbie #7686 and they selected it.

Congratulations to all winner's, including myself in March '08, and many thanks to all those at HL and the CF who made it possible!

Max

Re: Participate & Post Winners - 04/07/09 02:59 PM

I'll still continue to post...was just wondering why I hadn't seen anything lately. Must have missed the post on end date.

Congratulations to all the lucky winners and many thanks to those at HL & CF who made this event happen. It was exciting and much looked forward to!!!
© 2024 Collector Forums