LighthouseKeepers.com

Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004

Posted By: Webmaster

Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 01/21/04 06:18 AM

There have been several threads going regarding the financial support for the Collector Forums for 2004. I'd like to focus this one on just this topic.

100 individuals purchased a limited edition print of a beautiful Gary Martin print of Grand Haven last year and from the sale of those prints, your Collector Forums were 'kept on the air' (Getting to sound like NPR.)

This year, CF Member Jenifer Selwa has provided an image to be used in raising the funds for the CF.

I've sent out emails to 65 of the 100 who purchased last year inviting their participation again and offering them the opportunity to receive the same number as they did in 2003. So far 43 of those individuals have responded positively.

In the remaining 35 of 100 cases, I either did not have a working email address or could not ID the individual's actual name with their username on the Forums and so could not look up a registered email address.

At this time, we have 57 remaining limited edition prints. If you choose, you can simply donate $10 or $25 towards the Forums' operation for 2004 and NOT receive a print.

You can read about the opportunity drawings, and make a choice on what you'd like to do at this page:

www.LighthouseStickers.com/forums/support_2004.htm

Note that I am using the merchant accounts established at Lighthouse Stickers in order to allow PayPal and credit or debit card payments, but the funds will NOT be used by Lighthouse Stickers but WILL be used for the Collector Forums.

On the linked page, you'll find information and a form to fill out. Fill out the form, indicate which option you want and when you press on the button, you'll be taken to payment options.

I will receive an email with the information you fill out on the form. It is NOT necessary to post a response here.

Thanks again for the support and participation.

We welcome purchases and contributions from our Registered Members and from our 'Silent Partners'. You do not need to be a member to fill out the form on the linked page.

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 01/27/04 03:25 AM

Hree's an update on the sale of the limited edition prints:

So far 63 of the 100 have been spoken for so we've got 37 left. If you held off ordering a second or third, this is your opportunity.

Jen is excited about the prints -- promises they are spectacular and I'm really looking forward to seeing mine.

Why not buy a couple for your club's fund raising activities?

Through the sale of these prints and through general donations, we've got 196 tickets in the opportunity drawing.

Still pretty good odds for some great items.

Check out this link:

www.Lighthousestickers.com/forums/support_2004.htm
Posted By: mombo

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 01/27/04 04:01 AM

Just sent you my print money through PayPal John. Dont' know when the prints will be ready but please dont' send mine until Spring. Our mailbox is close to buried right now!!!
Posted By: Tammy Wolfe

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 01/27/04 04:19 AM

John,

I printed out the order form. I don't know if you got my name or not because I didn't send payment via paypal. My credit card expired. So, I'm mailing you a check.

Thanks again!

Tammy

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 01/27/04 04:54 AM

Thanks Sue... Now that's going to have to be handled at Jen's end... I'll tell you what. I'll keep your mailing address off the list and she'll get in touch with you.

Thanks Tammy... I got your order form by email. A check is no problem.

For all but Mombo, the prints will start shipping about a week from today. Know a lighthouse friend with a Febuary birthday? This would be a great present.
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 01/27/04 06:19 AM

John, did I miss something about Sue here? Or is Sue Mombo? smile

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/04/04 06:08 AM

Yep Mombo = Sue.

Friends - if you have made a donation and/or ordered one of the 67 prints sold so far, you will be getting a thank you letter from me in the next day or so -- AND you'll find your drawing tickets for the AP Rondout NY and the Lighthouse Stickers.

For those who wanted to buy 2 or more prints, now is your chance. If you haven't gotten one yet, please don't miss out.

www.LighthouseStickers.com/forums/support_2004.htm

Jen has about 50 of the prints ready to send as soon as I send her the mailing list.
Posted By: Larry R

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/04/04 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JChidester:
Know a lighthouse friend with a Febuary birthday? This would be a great present.
Well, I have a February birthday....hmmmm
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/05/04 06:19 AM

Really Larry? I have a February birthday also! When is yours? Nevermind, I found it!

Suzanne Murphy
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/05/04 06:25 AM

I have a late January birthday... wink

I'd love the print-an amazing photo-but I am flat out of room on my walls. Wait...is that a blank space??? We shall see. smile wink
Posted By: Larry

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/05/04 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry R:
Well, I have a February birthday....hmmmm
Wow! I just checked out Larry R's birthday, too. It seems the two Larry's on here share a birthday. One is just 3 years before the other. laugh

Happy 37th Birthday Larry!
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/05/04 04:29 PM

I'm a February baby too! If we keep checking, we could have cake all month!

Greg...there's always space for another print. I'm into rotating them at this point. Gives a new point of view now & then.

Judy smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/05/04 09:51 PM

And a nice letter from John. Always glad to help however I can. do have good news for whomever has ticket numbers ending in 555 or 559, you will probably be one of the winners (for those that know my luck, my numbers connect those two; if things go as normal, one or both of the tickets that "border" my numbers will win something....)
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/18/04 04:01 PM

Guess I need a little clarification. I opted out of the print, but still made a donation, do I still get tickets to the drawing?

Or even acknowledgement or a thank you?

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 02/18/04 05:24 PM

THANK YOU!! Yes you will. Since the drawing won't be until May, I've chosen to send out the tickets periodically and not each time I get a donation.

Expect that the end of this month you'll receive the letter with your drawing tickets.

Thanks again to all.

In the future, I'll acknowledge payments by email as received and catch up with those this weekend.
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 03/02/04 04:23 AM

JC,
How are we doing? Did you sell out of the prints?
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 03/09/04 01:05 AM

Does anyone have an idea when these prints are going to be sent to the people who purchased them?

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 03/09/04 02:47 AM

Soon. My fault. I've been behind in providing the updated list to Jen who got the last of the matts last week. I'll get it done by the end of this week. Expect them to ship out to you next week by priority mail.

Apologies...

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 03/23/04 07:35 PM

Hey John, where's my address list? laugh

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 03/23/04 07:39 PM

I'll wrap it up tonight and email it to you. Just getting my laundry done and catching up on emails, etc. etc. since the return from Floriday yesterday. smile
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 03/28/04 02:51 PM

Just curious, but, have the prints been shipped yet? John, quit thinking about all your good luck in winning pieces from the Regional and get the list to Jenifer so she can do her thing. The only thing that most of us win are these prints so we're anxious.

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/11/04 03:27 AM

Stll wondering about the prints and when they will start shipping. Did I miss something about the prints not being ready and being delayed?

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/13/04 04:38 AM

No delay on my end, Rich. I'm still patiently waiting on an address list... confused
Posted By: kory63

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/14/04 12:54 AM

As a Newbie I was not aware of the cost involved. For some reason the order form would not take my info so I printed it and will be sending a check ASAP.
The se Forums are to valuable to go "off the air"!!
Thanks for the work, John!!!!
Rick smile smile smile
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/27/04 04:28 PM

Well it has been over three months since the initial call for help in supporting the Collector Forums. I know that people are busy in their lives and that things come up, but are these prints ever going to ship?

Tom

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/27/04 06:09 PM

So glad someone asked. Just to let everyone know I am still waiting on a finalized address list.

JOHN?

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/29/04 12:07 AM

Well, maybe the shipping list is a figment of our imagination. I know the prints are for real so that has to be the reason there is no list. It's now been a month and a half since the list was supposed to be sent to Jen. Me thinks John is ignoring us.
Posted By: JJ

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/29/04 01:38 AM

Me thinks that John, as usual, has too many irons in the fire and he will get to it I am sure.
Quote:
Dont' know when the prints will be ready but please dont' send mine until Spring. Our mailbox is close to buried right now!!!
We have a late spring in upstate NY. Maybe John is just waiting for our snow to melt. At any rate guys, relax and enjoy the forums. We contributed to support the forums and the picture will be a nice little surprise when it gets here.

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/29/04 02:40 AM

Sorry, folks. Too many irons...

The list went to Jen yesterday. She expects to start shipping by week's end.
Posted By: kory63

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/29/04 08:28 PM

John,
I did not know just where to put this question. This spot seemed most appropriate.
How come after I make a post and hit the BACK button I seldom get back to the previous Forums page(even after several attempts) and must go all the way to the home page?
I know there are supposed to be no stupid questions but I am barely computer literate.
Thanks,
Rick confused confused confused
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/29/04 09:04 PM

John,

I've always had the same problem as Rick. I have to get all the way out after writing a Post. There must be a way to avoid this, but I sure don't know what it is. To be honest, that is the reason I very seldom Reply or Post.
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/30/04 01:28 PM

Jen,
Would you consider bringing some of the prints to Door County instead of putting them in the mail? smile

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/30/04 04:47 PM

The thought had crossed my mind. I would be more than happy to oblige if someone wants me to bring their prints to Door County...
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 04/30/04 11:36 PM

Thanks Jen. Please bring our print to Door County.
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/01/04 05:08 AM

Jen,
That's sounds like a great idea, I'll take mine at Door Co.

Thanks for everything!
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/02/04 01:34 PM

As I understood it, the opportunity drawing would be held either on May 1 or whenever all 100 prints had been sold.

Well, I don't know about the sales, but May 1 was yesterday. So who was the lucky winner? Inquiring minds want to know.

Stephanie

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/02/04 06:43 PM

The first half of the prints purchased will be shipping tomorrow. I will be working on the rest and they will be out by mid-week. Anyone else that is above number 50 and wants me to bring their print to Door County, post now, or it will be mailed. smile
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/02/04 07:40 PM

Jen you can bring my print to Door County as well.

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/03/04 07:01 PM

Lorie, yours is all packaged with postage and mailed. Sorry! frown smile

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/04/04 07:11 AM

Thanks for checking Jen. I was thinking I could save you the postage. I'll see you soon in Door County. smile It will be nice to meet you in person.
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/04/04 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shortcake:
As I understood it, the opportunity drawing would be held either on May 1 or whenever all 100 prints had been sold.

Well, I don't know about the sales, but May 1 was yesterday. So who was the lucky winner? Inquiring minds want to know.

Stephanie
So when is the drawing??
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/04/04 11:50 PM

I hope the drawing hasn't been held. I'm still waiting for my tickets!
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/05/04 02:58 AM

Jen,

Our photo was waiting for us today when we got home. Thank you for the great photo.

See you next week.

Mary and Jeff

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/05/04 04:28 PM

Mary and Jeff, Lorie and others - can't wait to meet and see everyone again! Mary and Jeff, we may be part of your little Wacko group for the ride home on the Badger. We have reservations but haven't decided if we are going to take the boat or drive home through the UP. We want pasties. I know, I know, that's A LOT of driving just for pasties! smile

I am going to try really hard to get the rest of the prints out before the end of this week. If it doesn't happen, they will be in the mail the week of May 17. We are leaving for Wisconsin Saturday morning 5/7, and I have a lot of things tying up my time between now and then. My advance apologies if I don't get them out...
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/05/04 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pharologst:
Quote:
Originally posted by Shortcake:
[b] As I understood it, the opportunity drawing would be held either on May 1 or whenever all 100 prints had been sold.

Stephanie
So when is the drawing?? [/b]
The question remains, when is the drawing ??
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/06/04 01:09 AM

Jen,

Received the picture today and must say it was well worth the wait. Fantastic addition to any colelctors room.

My thanks to you for all you do for the members of this forum.

Bert smile

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/06/04 01:31 AM

Jen...thanks for the beautiful print. It arrived today and is a nice addition to my other lighthouse print. Very well done! smile
Posted By: Larry R

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/06/04 06:13 AM

You can bring ours to Door County, no point in wasting postage on us...

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/06/04 03:18 PM

I'm so glad everyone likes them. Larry R, consider it done. smile
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/06/04 04:37 PM

Jennifer, my print is beautiful. Thank you. I may see you in the UP as I am driving to Interlochen for Graduation at the end of that week.
Judy
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/09/04 02:02 PM

Print arrived Friday. And it is Beautiful!!!!

Thank You Jen!

Stephanie

Re: Support for YOUR Collector Forums 2004 - 05/10/04 11:46 PM

Part 2 can be continued HERE.
© 2024 Collector Forums