LighthouseKeepers.com

Any problems with Collector Forums?

Posted By: Webmaster

Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/14/09 07:23 PM

A few of us have noticed that the CF hasn't been loading as fast as it used to. Maybe you needed to 'refresh/reload' before it would finally show up.

As a possible solution, I rebuilt the indices and links within the CF this morning.

IF you were having problems in the past few weeks, please let us know if the problems have gone away.

If you were NOT having any problems, please let us know that as well. Just a quick response on this thread, if you please.
Posted By: docsweetie

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 01:09 AM

Thanks for the help. I was having trouble with the loading time. It seems to be much better today.
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 01:14 AM

I haven't had any problems John.
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 01:23 AM

Somewhat better. Still seems a little slower than normal.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 04:01 AM

I have been having problems for the last couple of weeks but figured it was my provider since no one else has said anything. It's a little faster but still not the way it used to be.
Posted By: sandy

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 05:26 AM

So slow that I cleaned and defragged my "C" drives on both computers today thinking that would fix the problem. Don't know if it was your fix John, or my cleaning/defragging, or a combination of the two, but it's loading faster now, altho' it's still not as fast as it used to be.

Sandy

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 03:41 PM

OK. I'll contact the hosting company and see if we can speed things back up again.
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 05:25 PM

I haven't had any problems, John.

Judy
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 07:41 PM

I've had problems, but it seems fine today.

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/15/09 10:02 PM

It's a little faster then it was but the Forums used to come up about twice as fast as Ebay did. Now Ebay come up about 5 seconds before the Forums(I have the Forums and Ebay automatically come up when I log on).

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/16/09 12:32 AM

The last half hour has been extremely slow!!!! All my other sites are normal speeds.

P.S. - It just took 45 seconds to have this post register. Don't know how long it will take this P.S. to register.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/16/09 02:03 AM

For the last week or so, it seems to be slower and slower every time I log on. Did good this morning.... but was slow again just now.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/16/09 04:44 AM

I have more slowness issues with the CF than probably any other site. We haven't had rain in weeks and there are times that I could watch the grass grow faster than the forums loading a page. It isn't consistent. Some threads load right up and let you return to the main forum quickly, others just take too long. As Rich noted, waiting for a post to complete and return me to the thread was a very slow process just a few minutes ago. But, again, there is not a consistency with what is happening and in what thread. Just crummy throughput too frequently.

Some of the threads are slow because of the pictures. We are getting threads that are heavier with photos, which is fine, but folks want to remember to use 72dpi and a fair amount of compression. There are times I pity the poor person dealing with a dial up connection trying to look at some of the picture heavy threads.
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/16/09 06:04 AM

Can I ask..what are you all using to sign on is it a PC or an Apple. I have not had any problems.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/16/09 07:26 AM

It just took 3 minets for the opening page to load up!

I'm on a PC and have highspeed Broadband connection.
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/17/09 12:18 AM

John,

I'm still having problems. It ranges from very, very slow to almost normal.

And I'm expecially talking about the Trading Post -- no pictures.

Bob
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/17/09 12:24 AM

John,

It took me 4 1/2 minutes to post the above post. And folks ask me why I don't post very much?

Bob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/17/09 12:25 AM

SAME HERE. TAKES AWHILE AFTER THE BANNER LOADS.
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/17/09 10:04 PM

3 SECONDS tops...I have ATT UVerse if that makes any difference.

Re: Any problems with Collector Forums? - 08/18/09 12:44 AM

I'm talking to them now.
© 2024 Collector Forums