LighthouseKeepers.com

Zonked again!

Posted By: mombo

Zonked again! - 11/01/02 05:13 PM

This time it's in my own thread in the Photography Forum - Show us your first lighthouse.
It's got to be the photos. I went first, then John or Dennis. Think it happened after the next person posted theirs? Same thing as before, I'm getting that "performed an illegal abortion" thing and my whole pc freezes up. Is this happening to anyone else? frown
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Zonked again! - 11/02/02 03:38 AM

Sue are you sure it said,"performed an illegal abortion" ?
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Zonked again! - 11/02/02 03:58 AM

Hey Dudette. I think you need a new Dell.
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Zonked again! - 11/02/02 05:33 AM

Let's assume that was "performed an illegal operation" which *is* a typical error message. (More information might be helpful.)

It may mean your browser tried to do something the operating system will not accept. It may mean something hardware related, but that is much less likely. It does not mean you need a new computer!

Can you cause this to happen repeatedly? Does the condition happen when you're not using the Web? Does it happen on other sites? Try running your browser with no other programs running and see if it can be made to happen. Visit other sites, does it happen there? What browser and browser version (click Help, then About).

T
Posted By: mombo

Re: Zonked again! - 11/02/02 07:12 AM

I.E. 6.0

Well I do get that error message occasionally at other times but doesn't cause my whole pc to lock up. Isn't that a Windows thing?

What I'm referring to is only two threads here in the CF, the NJ Lighthouse Challenge thread and the Show us your first lighthouse photo thread. I was able to read these two initially just fine. Then at certain points, when subsequent photos were added to these two threads bam - I started to get the error message, the threads stopped loading and I was stuck. Don't recall ever having this happen here in the CF before. That's why I'm wondering if some photos can cause this to happen?
© 2024 Collector Forums