LighthouseKeepers.com

Rose Island RI - WOW!

Posted By: Webmaster

Rose Island RI - WOW! - 10/29/98 12:16 AM

My Reunion Rose Island full size came yesterday via UPS.

It's a beauty! - very detailed, lots of interesting little places to look - inside the garden shed, under the stairs, a picnic table, etc.

Very nice coloration and interesting textures on the rock walls, brick, grass, and water.

All around a great item. I predict it will retire immediately and will be very hard to find at dealers right away! [Beat ya to it, Bill!]

We won't be able to see the differences between the Reunion version and the Society one until the latter arrives in a few weeks.

This flag reads

REUNION 1998 (c)
ROSE ISLAND
#___

(No state on the flag)

[This message has been edited by JChidester.]
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 10/30/98 06:01 PM

Mine just arrived today. WOW it is! boy is that one nice looking piece, very detailed and nice and heavy too. I am impressed!

-RodW

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 10/30/98 07:12 PM

BE CAREFUL!! When yours arrives.

The box has a center of gravity that's a bit tricky - very off-center. The box could easily slip out of your hands because of that...
Posted By: Kaiz

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 10/30/98 11:44 PM

We're still anxiously waiting for ours!! Hopefully they will come Monday. We will be going to our dealer tomorrow to tell her to be on the look out for "our number" for the society piece.

Patty
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 10/31/98 01:39 PM

John,

Hopefully you didn't find that out the hard way......

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 10/31/98 06:32 PM

No, Todd, It was NOT a 'school of hard knocks' (or falls) lesson. In handling the boxes, It just seems way out of balance, so I thought I'd pass that along.

John [Honey, do we have any more super-glue?]

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/02/98 11:07 PM

We're still anxiously waiting for Rose Island. It seems like the pony express is delivering it from California!!
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/02/98 11:13 PM

No Rose Island yet in Groton, CT

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/03/98 08:48 PM

Well the Pony Express finally made it to Spencerport, NY...The piece is great!! Worth the wait.

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/03/98 08:58 PM

You can view a page with photos of the Rose Island Reunion piece at this page:

http://www.harbourlights.com/catalog/1998/hl_roseisland.htm

Posted By: JJ

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/03/98 10:08 PM

Well, the UPS man didn't heed John's warning about the center of gravity. The box was real munched, the HL box was a little banged up, but that foam came through-the lights were fine and as advertised, were beautiful.
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/04/98 12:04 AM

The UPS man visited my home today, too and I concur with all who said WOW! Rose Island is a real beauty. I love it!
Posted By: Stan

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/04/98 12:59 AM

Still no Rose Island's here in northeast Florida. Guess they're still on a slow UPS boat from China :>)
I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.
Posted By: JnJpriest

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/04/98 05:48 AM

Our Reunion pieces arrived today here in Indianapolis, IN.! They are indeed heavy, but very beautiful!!! We echo...well worth the wait!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/04/98 07:25 AM

Our Rose Islands arrived here in Pennsylvania this morning. They are looking good with their sister lights.

Karen
Posted By: Jim Johnston

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/04/98 04:08 PM

I received ours on Monday. Its a beautiful edition to the Reunion shelf. Our NPL & Rose Island large and miniature pieces along with our thumbnails make this shelf full of fond memories. Is that a bottle on the rocks?
Posted By: HCarpenter

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/05/98 01:45 AM

Ours arrived today. WOW is right...has anyone found the seahorse?

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/05/98 01:57 AM

Rose showed up today, and what a beauty she is.
I would be very interested to see a complete list of the articles inside the little white shed. We took a magnifying glass and are amazed at the detail "inside" the shed. Looks like a hose coiled up on the wall for starters (just to the left when entering the shed) and some rope straight ahead. Some things will only be seen with a borescope or tools used to perform orthoscopic surgery. Can anyone identify the brown object on the left just inside the door?

Ron

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/05/98 01:59 AM

I forgot to address Jim's question as to whether it was a bottle on the rocks. I think it's a lobster pot buoy, Jim.

Ron
Posted By: Stan

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/06/98 12:35 AM

My wait is finally over - Rose Island, RI (RIRI) arrived today and, yes, it was well worth the wait! I agree with the above comments that it is one of HL's best efforts. The detail is, as usual, remarkable, especially the interior of the small white building. (Ron, the brown object inside the white building on the left appears to be a wheelbarrow.) I look forward to seeing the differences between this version and the Society piece.
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Rose Island RI - WOW! - 11/07/98 02:53 AM

>>I look forward to seeing the differences
between this version and the Society piece. <<

Indeed! According to what Kim said in Providence there are 5 minor differences besides the flag.

We received our REXAs a couple days ago. Very nicely done. My wife was hoping it would include the doghouse. (For those who didn't take one of the trips to Rose Island - there was a smallish but reasonably accurate doghouse modeled after the light. It was stationed next to the white shed. I've got a picture of it, but no scanner)

Rgds,
__
/im
© 2024 Collector Forums