LighthouseKeepers.com

Some Interesting Lighthouses

Posted By: flacoastie

Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/13/12 01:46 AM

I was talking to Chris at Collector's World today about some additional lighthouses I was looking for and I want to pass on some good information.

He has some Nancy Younger lighthouses that were Nancy's private collection (Bill kept #1-#10) and she kept #5500 on quite a few pieces. He has about 20 of these pieces in the older pieces when they only produced 5500 of each piece. He said that they were first come first served. He also has some Artist Proofs and some one of a kind lighthouses with variences. Nancy's pieces are suggested retail, the APs are about $100.00 and some of the one of a kind pieces are in the couple hundred dollar range.

They are open Monday thru Saturday and can be reached at 1-508-255-3616. Sometimes you can catch them on a Sunday if your lucky.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/14/12 02:36 PM

Thanks Rich
For the heads up.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/14/12 08:39 PM

Regarding Sunday hours -- Chris is a great service-oriented guy. When they are off on Sunday, the phone still rings at their home so they can help you out.

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/18/12 09:20 PM

Just got done ordering the S/N 5500 Key West from Chris. Someone had gotten the Ponce Inlet that I REALLY wanted since that was the first lighthouse I bought back in 1994. I was stationed right across the inlet from it at New Smyrna Beach Coast Guard Station.

They are going fast and as far as I'm concerned a #5500 is the same as a #1 for serial numbers. Alex also said that store hours are not important to him as he moves the phone to his house and can answer way past his store hours.

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/24/12 09:27 PM

Received my Key West in the mail today packed like it could fly to the moon and back. I also talked to Chris today and he has only 10 of the serial #5500's left. I think they are all Southern, Atlantic Coast and New England pieces that are left. He still has some APs, one-of-a-kinds and some unique LLOMs that are left.

I sure wish I had more MADD money to spend but I have to save it for the #1's from Bill (whenever that will be).

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/25/12 01:03 AM

Congratulations on your Key West from the Nancy collection.

So far it looks like Nancy didn’t collect them all but just some of the earlier lights. This will truly be a one of a kind collectable.

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/25/12 11:00 PM

The devil made me do it! I just ordered the S/N 5500 St Simons Island to add to my Key West. Someone else bought 2 more and with my purchase there are on 7 left of the 5500 serial numbers. I'm pretty sure Barnegat, Tybee and New Canal are 3 of the 7 left so if these interest you I wouldn't wait too long.
Posted By: Mark Wagner

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/26/12 03:55 AM

The pieces that were available this past Sunday were (5-20)
112 Sand Isl, wi
119 Cana
126 Nauset
130 Portland Breaker, Me
133 Tybee
137 St. Simons
143 Montauk
144 Heceta head
148 New Canal
166 Scituate

So if there's 7 left, St. Simons and two others are gone now...

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/26/12 01:06 PM

I think I remember (not 100% sure) that Portland Breakwater and either Nauset or Montauk are the 2 others that are gone.

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/26/12 02:29 PM

That is a nice list of popular lighthouses. Surprised they are still available

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/30/12 01:35 AM

Only 3 Nancy 5500s left. Nauset and New Canal plus one other remaining. From 30 down to 3 as of 3 PM today.

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 05/30/12 03:36 PM

Like the "Cadbury Creme Egg"

When They Are Gone, They Are Gone.

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 06/02/12 10:10 PM

Thanks to Chris I received my St. Simons Island S/N5500 on Thursday so now I have 2 of the 5500 Nancy pieces. Chris must spend a fortune on peanuts as they could probably withstand a drop from high above the way he packs. Wish I could have taken advantage of more of them but money for lighthouses is budgeted and I have made some big purchases in the last 3 months and I want a #1 from Bill if it ever comes about.

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 12/29/12 04:37 PM

Talked to Chris on Thursday and he said they still have a few APs left at $100.00 and also have a couple of 1-of-a-kind pieces at good prices. Anybody interested in any of these pieces ought to call (They are open Monday thru Saturday and can be reached at 1-508-255-3616 and on a Sunday at their home) or order their news letter by calling or emailing them. They also have a lot of regular issue HLs at retail. It's one of the few places that still have quite a selection of HLs in inventory.
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Some Interesting Lighthouses - 12/30/12 03:17 AM

We sold a number of HL's over the Christmas season but still have quite a number in stock. Also, I get regular inquiries from customers looking for individual pieces we have sold out of, so if anyone is looking to sell off their collections, please let me know at roland@thecapecodstore.com. I may be able to move some pieces for you.
© 2024 Collector Forums