LighthouseKeepers.com

2010 NEW RELEASES ARE HERE!

Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

2010 NEW RELEASES ARE HERE! - 01/12/10 04:34 AM

Looking for the new Harbour Lights releases?
We've got them all here!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbour_lights/2010_releases.html
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: 2010 NEW RELEASES ARE HERE! - 01/12/10 12:25 PM

Any info on the 1876 Centennial Expo piece? I know the arm is from the Statue of Liberty before the rest of the Statue was sent over and I know that it was used for fund raising for the Statue, however, what lighthouse is that and is the location near Philadelphia?
Any idea how tall the piece is?

Re: 2010 NEW RELEASES ARE HERE! - 01/13/10 05:36 AM

The 1876 Centennial Expo was the first World's Fair to be presented in the US, held to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The Expo was in Philadelphia, and the lighthouse was not a replica of Ship John Shoal in the Chesapeake, (some accounts have it in Delaware, others in New Jersey), as HL has posted on their site, but rather of Southwest Ledge Light, in New Haven, Connecticut, as Paul has linked to in another thread.
HL382 is 7 1/4" x 5"
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: 2010 NEW RELEASES ARE HERE! - 01/13/10 04:25 PM

Ship John Shoal is truely in the Delaware River and just in the New Jersey border.

Re: 2010 NEW RELEASES ARE HERE! - 01/14/10 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:
Ship John Shoal is truely in the Delaware River and just in the New Jersey border.
Thanks Loon for correcting me. I knew that but had Chesapeake Bay on the mind from some research I had been just doing on Seven Foot Knoll. frustrated
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: 2010 NEW RELEASES ARE HERE! - 01/14/10 03:58 AM

You know if you read the link Paul provides on his page of close up photos it clearly states that the lighthouse at the expo ended up at Ship John Shoal even though it was originally planned for Southwest Ledge. Both these lights were constructed at the same time, and the foundation at Southwest ended up being ready early so the tower originally slated to go to Ship John Shoal was sent to Connecticut.
© 2024 Collector Forums