LighthouseKeepers.com

Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!!

Posted By: WackoPaul

Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/16/02 04:51 AM

Scroll down for the results of the drawing and some pictures from the lighting event!!

Posted By: Bob M

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/16/02 03:32 PM

Bravo, Paul! Now this is an excellent idea! This opportunity should be a real money raiser.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/18/02 04:48 AM

My check is in the mail... well it's in the pile of out going mail, but it will be in the mail by the weekend.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/18/02 06:49 AM

Paul,

I mailed the check out with the Postcard Exchange. I'd be curious to see if they both get to you on the same day. Only difference between the two- one was handwritten address, one was preprinted label.

Dennis
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/18/02 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Wagner:
My check is in the mail... well it's in the pile of out going mail, but it will be in the mail by the weekend.
Mark,

You ARE a member - you COULD come to the meeting!!! We will let you, as long as you don't look for poison oak/ ivy/ whatever.

Dennis,

How bad is your handwriting?

Dave

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/18/02 02:34 PM

Dave,

It ranges from fair to terrible. I am usually careful on addresses, I just mentioned it because it could cause a difference in sorting.

If both were exactly the same it would be easier to compare.

Dennis

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/19/02 01:07 AM

Quote:
Mark,

You ARE a member - you COULD come to the meeting!!! We will let you, as long as you don't look for poison oak/ ivy/ whatever.
Dave, It's Michelle's weekend to work, which means I'll have to bring the kids and Sean has to travel like Hannibal Lecther, Straight jacket, hooded mask... etc. After spending a half hour cleaning toothpaste and soap off the cat Wednesday I am afraid to take them anywhere let alone sit behind me in the car for 2 1/2 hours. I would have to drive staring into the rear view mirror the entire time.... both ways.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/19/02 01:27 AM

Just bring the cat Mark, now that he's all spiffed up! smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/19/02 03:07 AM

So, Mark, you're saying your not the adventerous kind of guy? I wondered what all that stuff was you had in the vehicle - must have been Sean's travel gear. Hope the cat is recovering - normally they figure out pretty quickly who to avoid (or has Sean found the cat's hiding place?)

We'll miss you.

Dave

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/19/02 03:20 AM

The cat is a very loving cat, unfortunatly for the cat after about an hour I think she had forgoten what Sean did, I think she still is a little ticked at me though since it was me holding her in the sink rinsing and washing her off for a half hour, thankfully she does not have front claws... about a year ago he put a large quanity of lotion on her which cleaned up much easier and made the cats breath smell good for a few days as she finnished the cleaning.
Posted By: ape

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/19/02 03:50 PM

Our check is in the mail for this great cause and a chance to "win the gold"!
John & Mary cool

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/20/02 12:51 AM

Your handwriting must be pretty good, Dennis, as both arrived in todays mail. In fact your check is the first to arrive for tickets for the drawing...

Thanks for your participation!!

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/20/02 06:15 AM

I was just curious. I would have thought it strange if you didn't get both the same day.

Always willing to take a chance for a good cause.

Dennis

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/24/02 03:27 PM

Thank,s, John & Mary, Mark and Roger.... I received your checks and will send you your ticket numbers later tonight via email along with Dennis's... It has been a pretty slow response so far, which bodes well for you guys.

This is really a very reasonable cost for a chance at the Gold lighthouse when you consider at a store you have to buy a full size lighthouse for one entry.. I realize that you get to keep the lighthouse even if you didn't win but this is only $5 an entry and a REAL full sized lighthouse is benefitting from the drawing... Old Michigan City... plus all those who visit the lighthouse.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/24/02 03:53 PM

Paul,

I will have a check out in a day or so.

Stephanie
Posted By: eskilady

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/25/02 12:04 AM

Me, too! (check in the mail soon, that is).

Eskilady
Posted By: cclighthousebuff

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/26/02 05:25 PM

I will send a check as well. However, if I lose the drawing I want Mark's cat...if its toothpaste trained! :p
Posted By: shiulong

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/26/02 05:42 PM

I will send in a check also. Since I already have one I will put it in the Keepers goody box for our next fundraiser, which will be an opportunity drawing after we elect some officers ect ect.

Chuck laugh

PS I reserve the right to be over-ruled by my wife laugh
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/26/02 08:30 PM

Check went into the mail this morning, Paul. You should have it by mid-week.

smile Bob smile

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/28/02 10:45 AM

Paul, my check is going in the mail today. Being that I don't need 3, if by chance my luck is still with me. laugh I will donate it to the FLA (Florida Lighthouse Ass.) for one of our next fundraisers.

Stephanie
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/28/02 05:04 PM

Put the check in the mail this morning. Another contribution I'm sure. With Stephanie in the running I can see three gold lights sitting on the shelve. Great going Stephanie!

Bert wink

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/28/02 08:29 PM

LOL

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: eskilady

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 10/28/02 10:56 PM

Paul -

My check is going in the mail today and please, I would like the winning numbers, ok? wink

Eskilady

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 11/11/02 06:16 AM

Only 26 days to get your check in, don't wait until the last minute!!

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 11/21/02 03:16 PM

I need to check with my post office because the requests for tickets for the drawing have grinded to a halt... I have a couple of request that I have to draw tickets for tonight that I received before we went to Florida but nothing since. Don't wait to long to send in your check. The drawing is on the 7th of December and this will be your last chance at winning the Gold, plus you will be helping out a worthy cause... the spiral staircase to the Lantern room!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 11/22/02 02:19 AM

Paul, mine will be in the morning mail. Hope it gets there in time. Great cause here.
Ruthie smile

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 11/30/02 06:48 PM

Well, I am sorry to say that the response thus far has been disappointing,--which is good news for those who sent in their checks to help support the Old Michigan City lighthouse project... plus get a chance to win a gold Mark Twain Tower.

I think that Sue was hoping, when she donated the gold Mark Twain that she won, we would raise at least twice the amount that has come in so far.

We will draw some tickets for the last 3 or 4 people who have sent in their checks this afternoon and we are hoping for some last minute responses yet this week.

The drawing will be this Saturday coming up (December 7), so we will need to receive them by Friday’s mail (December 6) to qualify for the drawing..

The club is having the Second Annual Lighting of the Christmas lights at Old Michigan City lighthouse on Dec 7th. Everyone is welcome to join us. I request that you email me wackopaul@bvimpact.com if you are coming so that we can get an accurate head count. The club is getting together for supper at a local restaurant after the lighting of the lights and we really need to know how many will be coming.

The gathering at the lighthouse will start about 4pm Michigan City time and the lighting will be at dusk, which will probably be before 6pm..
Posted By: DeDo

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/01/02 02:53 AM

My check went out in today's mail. Thanks for bringing the topic back up.

Donna

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/02/02 08:52 PM

I just checked on time for Michigan City Sunset and it is about 4:20PM Michigan City time... this time of the year so I figure we need to move everything up and hour. We will start gathering at around 3PM and the lighting may be as early as 4:15PM... with supper as early as 5:30PM...

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/04/02 03:29 AM

That's 4:20 Chicago time not Indainapolis/Michigan time.

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/08/02 07:12 AM

Sue and I just got backing from the lighting event at the Old Michigan City Lighthouse...

I will add me to the group shot tomorrow... plus some other pictures..

The big winner of course was the lighthouse as Sue presented Director June Jaques with checks and cash totaling $1410 raised in the Gold Mark Twain drawing for the spiral staircase project...

The next big winner was the winner of the Gold lighthouse...

One of the Derby City Club's tickets was drawn by June, so the Derby City Club will now need to decide what they are going to do with the Gold Tower!! Sue and I will either ship it or drive it down to them for their next meeting in Louisville in January..
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/08/02 08:42 AM

Congratulations to Sue for donating the lighthouse for the drawing! And congratulations to the Derby City club for being the winner!

But most of all, congratulations to the Michigan City Lighthouse!

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/08/02 05:45 PM

Bill complete with his Wacko Badge waiting to oversee the giveaway drawings...

We went to Dinos for dinner after the lighting and basically filled up the non-smoking section...

Way down at the other end sitting in the window Bill is now overseeing the Great time had by all at the dinner...

Bill looks pleased with the days events and his Wacko Badge!!!

Since there was a whole battery of club members with cameras shooting the lighthouse when lit, I will defer to them to add pictures of the lighthouse..
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/09/02 01:34 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics Paul. That flash for the outside group shot looks fairly powerful.
Posted By: dkhemming

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/09/02 04:39 PM

A big THANKYOU from the club to everyone who purchased tickets for the Gold. It's nice to see the support we received and I'm sure that once the staircase is purchased and installed (still have a ways to go) Paul will update us with pictures of the staircase from all angles.

Again, a great big round of applause to all who contributed. This is what's it's all about.

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: Michigan City Lighting & Gold Mark Twain Tower!!! - 12/09/02 05:05 PM

Sure looks like everyone is having a good time. Sorry I couldn't be there. frown . Had Christmas play to perform in that night. But no play next year laugh . Merry Christmas all smile
© 2024 Collector Forums