LighthouseKeepers.com

restoration

Posted By: Jim Johnston

restoration - 06/28/00 07:46 PM

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=271820&a=6948224&p=23421118[/img]
On Friday June 23 I spent a couple of hours applying Peel Away a Sherwin-Williams product to the wooden window sills, floor boards and door trim. You should apply it with a putty knife, but sometime the hands worked better to get into the smaller areas. Let it sit for six to eight hours and peel away. The paint comes off with the paper. Clean the wood with a white vingar and water solution. No harsh fumes to breath. You should wear gloves so you don't get any on your skin, it itches (believe me). I will spend July 7,8 & 9 at the lighthouse working. July 7th is my birthday, I can't think of a better way to spend it, restoring a Great Lakes Lighthouse. Go to Photopoint.com
In the visit albums box
Type KEEPERJJ@aol.com
Click on peel away restoration to see more photos.
Jim Johnston
Posted By: ladylightkeeper

Re: restoration - 06/28/00 11:19 PM

Jim: First off, congratulations in advance on your birthday. Secondly, what a dedicated lighhouse preservationist you are to work on your "special" day. I am sure the lighthouse will look terrific when you and others finish up. Are there other areas to be restored, or are you seeing the light at the end of the tunnel? I look forward to meeting you again at the Milwaukee Regional, and hope you will have a display of restoration prints for us all to look at. YOU are defintely keeping that flame burning.

------------------
ladylightkeeper
Posted By: rscroope

Re: restoration - 06/29/00 06:34 PM

Atta boy Jim, you really did deserve that custom made quilt!
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: restoration - 09/16/00 06:00 PM

Jim - How has restoration been going lately?
© 2024 Collector Forums