LighthouseKeepers.com

New Club Forming

Posted By: FredKuhl

New Club Forming - 01/05/99 01:46 AM

Bill “the Elder Younger” was in the San Francisco South Bay Area in late June for a signing event. Lou and I put out a sign-up sheet for those interested in forming a collectors club. We had 27 responses, stretching from Bakersfield to Sacramento and over to the coast (Pacific, that is).

The Reunion has come and gone. The Holiday Season has come and gone. Our last reason
for procrastinating has come and gone. We will have the kick-off meeting at our home Saturday, February 20, 1999 at 3pm. If anyone else in the general area is interested:
E-mail me. FredKuhl@aol.com.

Since the initial meeting will be packed with formation business, we are not inviting
a guest speaker. However, there will be prizes, contests, etc.
Posted By: Polly

Re: New Club Forming - 01/06/99 08:57 AM

Fred you sly dog . . . I wondered when a club would develop in the "neighborhood" and should have figured you would be the one to start it.

Congratulations & Good Luck!
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: New Club Forming - 01/06/99 01:02 PM

Hey Fred, is airline cost a free perk as part of the club membership? I would join too, if I could fly in from Cleveland each time!! Good luck with the club.

Maybe fly one of us in each meeting as an ongoing guest speaker series for the newbies:
"HLA Addiction, this could be you: What it's like being a real Wacko"

-RodW
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 01-06-99).]
Posted By: FredKuhl

Re: New Club Forming - 01/08/99 06:39 PM

Yes Rod, airfare is reimbursible, after approval by 110% of the entire voting membership.

An early poll of potential members has selected you as one of our guest "wacko" speakers on the discovering and collecting of odd and unusual Harbour Lights mementos.
Posted By: Art

Re: New Club Forming - 01/08/99 08:23 PM

Careful, Fred! Rod may re-enlist the help of Mark W., Poll Manipulator extraordinaire!
© 2024 Collector Forums