LighthouseKeepers.com

Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club

Posted By: Kaiz

Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/24/00 11:26 PM

We are now known as the above named Collectors' Club. We had our charter meeting today at Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse with 20 people in attendance (two are missing from photo below). The weather started out rainy but as the time approached for our meeting the sun came out.

Jim Johnson and Mike Kaiser were named Co-Presidents
Patty Kaiser was chosen for Secretary/Treasurer
Lisa Pelletier (with her husband Bob helping) is going to be handling our newsletter (yet to be named)
Sue LeFever (aka Mombo)will be in charge of membership.

We have decided to meet quarterly with dues of $15 single and $20 family.

We would like to thank Harbour Lights for the wonderful goodies they sent. Everyone went home with "a little something" in their possession.

We decided to test the knowledge of our club members with a HL Trivia contest with the winner receiving the Goat Island donated by Harbour Lights. Bob Pelletier was the big winner.

With our raffle for the Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse, we donated $162 to the Lighthouse. The lighthouse was won by a woman who works with Patty. Thanks to all who participated.

We would like to thank Linda Taylor and the Charlotte-Genesee Lighthouse Society for making us feel very welcome and allowing us to use the Keepers Quarters for our first meeting.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=24989&a=8924187&p=29153744&Sequence=1[/img]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=24989&a=8924187&p=29153749&Sequence=1[/img]

[This message has been edited by Kaiz (edited 09-24-2000).]
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/25/00 02:40 AM

To: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors'Club

Congratulations of the beginning of wonderful
friendships and worthy causes!
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/25/00 07:09 AM

My congratulations and best wishes also!
Suzanne
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/25/00 07:24 PM

Congratulation and I hope you have great success in all your club's events.

------------------
Randall Ronne
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/25/00 08:55 PM

Congrats on the new club. I sure do recognize a few people in the picture. Good to see all of you again. The picture of the lighthouse is great too.

Ruthie

[This message has been edited by MrsTLC (edited 09-25-2000).]
Posted By: Jim Johnston

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/25/00 11:17 PM

That's great another club on the Great Lakes. Congratulations on a sucessful beginning. Isn't great to have the meetings at a lighthouse, it makes it so more meaningful. I've visited the upstate NY lighthouses via the Seaway Trails Your club should have plenty to visit. Have fun!
Jim
Harbour Lights Collectors Club
Great Lakes District
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/26/00 12:36 AM

Congrats on your new club and new adventures yet to come! Isn't it great to be a member for such worthy causes as preserving history!
My best to all of you,
Pam
Posted By: ladylightkeeper

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/26/00 08:02 AM

Congratulations on the success of establishing your club and many best wishes for your participation in exciting and worthwhile projects all aimed at helping the lighthouses in your area. I look forward to meeting members of your club at the Baltimore Reunion.

Barbara Hupp, President
New England Lighthouse Lovers (NELL)

------------------
ladylightkeeper
Posted By: Nana

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/27/00 02:48 AM

Congratulations on a great start for you HL club. Great to see many familiar faces.
Derith
Posted By: Polly

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/27/00 07:07 AM

Congratulations! Always great to hear about another club starting.
Posted By: NiagaraLady

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/27/00 08:18 AM

Thanks to Mike, Patty and Jim for all their efforts in getting the club started. John and I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to our next meeting. The pictures look great - I hadn't noticed the winding brick walkway to the lighthouse.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 09/27/00 05:19 PM

If you look at the Charlotte-Genesee HL you will also see that it shows a walkway from the tower that goes around the north side of the tower and leads to some steps. Did anyone notice if that is there? I didn't know about it until I got home and looked at my HL. I can't remember seeing it???
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 10/01/00 05:30 AM

Congratulations to our Eastern GL colectors! You have a great group of people at the nucleus of your club. You had to know the sun would come out for your meeting!

Dave
Posted By: Beaconfollower

Re: Eastern Great Lakes Harbour Lights Collectors' Club - 10/01/00 03:58 PM

I'm glad to hear your new club is off to a
great start. Sorry I missed the first meeting, but I will sure be at the next,
weather permitting...

Sheryl Iovanna
© 2024 Collector Forums