LighthouseKeepers.com

Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV

Posted By: rgurskey

Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 02/13/09 09:59 PM

On the 2/11/09 episode of Law&Order, the young woman's hospital room had a large color photograph featuring both Grand Haven lighthouses. Why an "allegedly" New York City hospital would have such a photo beats me?

On the 2/3/09 episode of Fringe (a new favorite of mine), in Olivia Dunham's home was visible a print of the Edward Hopper painting of Portland Head lighthouse.

Sorry that these weren't the real lighthouses, but I thought it was pretty cool.
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 02/14/09 08:10 PM

A recent episode of "Cities of the Underworld" on The History Channel was about underground sites in San Fransisco and the first part was filmed on Alcatraz. There are a number of shots of the lighthouse and also a computer generated image of what the island looked like during the Civil War which showed the original cape cod style lighthouse.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 02/15/09 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rgurskey:
On the 2/11/09 episode of Law&Order, the young woman's hospital room had a large color photograph featuring both Grand Haven lighthouses. Why an "allegedly" New York City hospital would have such a photo beats me?
I imagine for the same reason that I just saw a painting of Pemaquid point LH and another painting with West Quoddy LH in a restaurant in Burlington, NJ- somebody doing the decorating likes lighthouses.

I have photos and paintings of lighthouses in my house as well- and most of them are not of NJ lighthouses.

Dennis
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 02/16/09 03:03 AM

Just caught the opening shots of the new season for Amazing Race on CBS and they did a quick fly over of Point Vicente.
Posted By: sandy

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 02/16/09 10:21 AM

Craighill Channel Upper Front Range Light (Cutoff Channel Range Front, Fort Howard), MD and Seven Foot Knoll Light are shown in Season 2 and Season 5, respectively, of The Wire, which is set in Baltimore, MD.

Anybody watch the full hour of Amazing Race? That segment on carting 50 pound cheese wheels was hysterical.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 03/04/09 01:28 AM

Re-runs of Magnum PI at Makapuu and Diamond Head Lighthouse. Nice and warm looking there.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/16/09 05:25 PM

Anyone watching the British Open this morning? Great views of the Turnberry Lighthouse in Scotland. Well they should be good as the lighthouse is actually part of the lighthouse complex as is the grand hotel. Maybe Tiger was distracted by the wonderful scenery? Or he couldn't play well because it wasn't windy and raining?

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/16/09 05:29 PM

Sorry I should have said "part of the golf course complex". Isn't there a way to edit your replies anymore or can't I find it?
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/16/09 05:43 PM

Mombo,

Look at the header of your post.... see the sheet of paper & pen icon? That is your edit button. You can go back to ANY post that you yourself have made and edit it by simply clicking on the paper & pen icon.
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/16/09 06:06 PM

What a nice photo that cameraman captured.
Posted By: Ellie

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/17/09 11:57 PM

Sorry that this doesn't apply to sightings on TV. One of my collections are cancelled stamps. I ask that my correspondents send me any and all cancelled stamps as well as the one on my letters to them. Anyway, today I received a letter from my penpal in MN and she sent stamps from Germany. ONe was of the lighthouse in Warnemunde, a light Glen and I climbed when we did a Baltic cruise and put into Warnemunde. It is a beautiful tiled lighthouse.

Ellie
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/18/09 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mombo:
Anyone watching the British Open this morning? Great views of the Turnberry Lighthouse in Scotland. Well they should be good as the lighthouse is actually part of the lighthouse complex as is the grand hotel. Maybe Tiger was distracted by the wonderful scenery? Or he couldn't play well because it wasn't windy and raining?
Here's more info about this lighthouse in case anyone is interested.
http://www.espnstar.com/golf/open-championship/news/detail/item292723/Open-2009:-The-Turnberry-lighthouse/
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/18/09 05:10 PM

Northern Lighthouse Board is the organization which maintain Aids to Navigation around the coast of Scotland and the Isle of Man. There is a lot of information about Scottish Lighthouses at the Board' website.
Posted By: AZpharologist

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/19/09 10:35 PM

During two visits to Scotland, first a cruise and then a twenty two day drive thru the UK, I got visit or get pictures of the following Scottish Lights: Oxcar, Towards Pt, Bass Rock, Buckie Breakwater,Cloch Pt, Corpach, Covesea, Kinnards Head and Mull of Gallaway. smile

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/23/09 04:22 PM

Once and only once during the recent British Open did I see an aerial view of Ailsa Craig that showed the lighthouse on the island. That's one big rock most famous of late for the curling stones made from it's granite.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/24/09 04:54 AM

Royal Pains on USA Network is situated in the Hamptons. They just had a nice aerial of Montauk Point - not long enough, but it was a nice view.
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: Recent Lighthouse Sightings on TV - 07/24/09 05:27 PM

Last weeks episode of Royal Pains had two or three different shots of Montauk Point. I'm hoping to see other Long Island lighthouses.
© 2024 Collector Forums