LighthouseKeepers.com

TV tonight

Posted By: rgurskey

TV tonight - 05/26/10 08:29 PM

Apparently part of CSI: NY takes place at a lighthouse in tonight's season finale. I couldn't tell which one it was from the previews. CBS 10:00 pm Eastern.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: TV tonight - 05/27/10 06:16 AM

From the looks of it, I am guessing they moved Point Arena to Long Island. Haven't been to Point Arena in a while, and haven't looked up pictures, but it is a unique light in a unique setting and that appears to be what we saw. If they film in CA instead of on site in NYC, the light would be a good choice. Trying to remember what they called it - think it was Amagansett. Checked LIBob's site and no such light.

An interesting story, a real cliff hanger for last show of the season.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: TV tonight - 05/27/10 05:37 PM

It wasn't Point Arena.. It looked more like Point Vicente..

Inside shots were all a set.. Scroll down a bit and there is an image of it under construction..

light set

CSI: NY Clip
Posted By: rscroope

Re: TV tonight - 05/27/10 08:07 PM

I agree with Paul. The lantern room config of glass honeycomb, reflection of bullseye, and outside bottom of lighthouse is very Pt Vicente.

There is definitely no Amaganset Light at that google location. LOL
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: TV tonight - 05/27/10 08:19 PM

I too was thinking Pt. Vincente -- but there was a helicopter shot moving towards the lighthouse that looked like the Pt. Arena area.

I think the lantern room scenes were a Hollywood set - no way would they have been allowed to crash through the real lantern room glass.

After posting the above, I saw Paul's link to a photo of the set. :rolleyes:
© 2024 Collector Forums