LighthouseKeepers.com

Tillamook Rock Lighthouse

Posted By: sandy

Tillamook Rock Lighthouse - 10/27/07 04:56 PM

The October 24th National Report (A11 [eleven, not ell ell) in The New York Times reports on "Terrible Tillie" and her use as a columbarium (place to house cremains). Hopefully, one of our computer-savvy members will post a link to the article. Interesting piece, but I doubt it will become a method to save some of our lighthouses.

Sandy eek :rolleyes: eek :rolleyes:
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Tillamook Rock Lighthouse - 10/27/07 06:42 PM

Here's the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/24/us/24tillie.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

It's not a good situation, it seems.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Tillamook Rock Lighthouse - 10/27/07 08:12 PM

I can see someone wanting there ashes spread over the rock around the lighthouse, but why would you want them to sit in the urn inside???
Posted By: Rock

Re: Tillamook Rock Lighthouse - 10/28/07 05:51 PM

Eternity at sea and peace at sea are polar opposites out at Tillamook Rock...when my time comes, I too have a "spot" reserved for me out there but it is on the rock itself and not inside that cold dark structure...sooner or later I'll be joining my mother on the beach at Seaside...
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Tillamook Rock Lighthouse - 11/07/07 02:33 AM

Too bad about Terrible Tillie; I always thought that would be an option for my cremains - seriously!! I love the roar of the sea and buffeting of the wind but have always been afraid of them. I could have it all and not be hurt - how much can you hurt cremains?!!
© 2024 Collector Forums