LighthouseKeepers.com

Gold Golden Gate Bridge

Posted By: silverfox51

Gold Golden Gate Bridge - 09/11/07 03:14 AM

I just purchased a Golden Gate Bridge in gold off Ebay for what I felt was a very good price. There was no mention of a number on it other than the HL number. I received the piece yesterday and when I examined it I found number one writen on the label. I then found a number one on the box in the usual place below the label.

First question: Were these pieces numbered?

Second question: If they were numbered, were not the first 10 pieces kept?

Third and last question: Could this really be piece number one or am I just seeing things?

Thanks for any information people.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Gold Golden Gate Bridge - 09/11/07 03:28 AM

They were numbered up to 250. The number was handwritten in a black felt tipped pen with just the seial number. My piece is numbered on the left side of the label as you look at it just under Golden Gate Bridge. You could definately have a #1.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Gold Golden Gate Bridge - 09/11/07 03:45 AM

To add to what Rich said:
All 250 were sold to collectors.
No numbers were held back for Hl.

Congratulations for having a number one.
That is a very rare item and if the seller had informed the ebayers of this, it would have gone for allot more than what you paid for it.
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Gold Golden Gate Bridge - 09/13/07 02:36 AM

We recently got our Golden Golden Gate Bridge. We have looked ours over very carefully along with the box and can't find any number handwritten on it.

Now what does this mean?

Mary
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Gold Golden Gate Bridge - 09/14/07 03:41 AM

Mary, if it is lacking a number it is possible you have what originally was one of the "spares" that were kept to replace damaged units. Since the one you now have came from a club's HL goodie box it is very possible this is what happened.

Re: Gold Golden Gate Bridge - 09/15/07 03:45 AM

I agree with Dave.
What you got is a un-number extra.
I few of them leak out at events.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Gold Golden Gate Bridge - 09/15/07 03:07 PM

Now the question is:

Which is more valuable, flag# 1 or no flag#? I say the #1 takes the prize! What a great addition to your collection!

smile Bob smile

Re: Gold Golden Gate Bridge - 09/15/07 06:36 PM

I agree with Bob
A #1 would be more valuable, since there are more than one extra. Of course a blank extra can be any number you want.
© 2024 Collector Forums