LighthouseKeepers.com

Harbour Lights #CR101

Posted By: Les Klein

Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/02/10 03:27 PM

I recently purchased an item titled The Statue of Liberty and THe Twin Towers on ebay. It was apparently made for Bill Younger and Associates(sp). It has the number CR101. Any one know anything about this? It is a plaque with Lady Liberty in the foreground and the Twin Towers in the background.
Posted By: Bob Taylor

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/02/10 04:04 PM

Was that made for the Baltimore Harbour Lights reunion and given out at the event shortly after 911?
Bob Taylor

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/02/10 06:21 PM

I am not sure, I can not find any information on this item!!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/02/10 07:05 PM

They were sold at the Harbour Lights store at the Baltimore Reunion.. Sue and I bought several and gave them away as Christmas gifts.. It was designed and produced long before 9/11 and Harbour Lights almost didn't bring them to Baltimore to the Reunion to sell thinking that people might think they were taking advantage of the situation. They decided to go ahead and bring them as a tribute so they should still make it available.

The Youngers and the collectors at the Baltimore Reunion raised over $20,000 at the Bill auction that was donated to help the families of the victims of the twin towers.

I managed to find an image of the HL store at Baltimore that had the piece in the background.

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/02/10 08:06 PM

Thanks Paul.

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/02/10 08:12 PM

Of course, I added the clouds!!

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/02/10 08:16 PM

There was a second skyline available, which was the Baltimore skyline..

Posted By: rscroope

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 12:43 AM

Wow Paul, I've never seen that! That really captured the Reunion.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 01:21 AM

Wow too! How rare is that piece? I do not recall it being mentioned in the Collectors Guide book, or am I just losing it?

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 01:56 AM

I am not sure they made into the Guide, I will have to look.

We just purchased the one Baltimore skyline piece, we purchased 12 of the NY skyline pieces and gave them away at Christmas to family..

They have both been on display in lighthouse cabinets, one next to Lady Liberty Light and the other next to the Baltimore Reunion lights, full size and mini.

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 02:11 AM

A flash from the past, here is the link to the web pages that John put together, with a slew of my images, about the Baltimore Reunion.

Baltimore Reunion Web Pages..
Posted By: mombo

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 03:01 AM

I don't remember those pieces, let alone the store. But at least I do remember the reunion!
Posted By: JJ

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 03:04 AM

Thanks Paul, for that look at the past. Lots of friends in those pictures and I even took one of them smile

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 03:16 AM

The HL store was all the way around the end of the long hallway that had the club tables..

All of the items on this web page were available..

HL Closet..

We still have one of the clocks (never used it yet) boxed up.
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 06:14 PM

Lots of fond memories...I miss having the excitement of going to the HL Reunions.
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 06:37 PM

The HL closet link answered by question how many of the Baltimore skyline pieces were made...500.

Thanks for the links to the reunion and the HL Closet Paul.

I had just discovered Harbour Lights right before that reunion and unfortunately too late to attend. frown Got to go to Mackinac at least. What an experience. Do wish there could be another.
Posted By: Bob Taylor

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/03/10 07:41 PM

Thanks Paul. Those Baltimore photos bring back many great memories of the "good old days" and all the fun we had at the Harbour Lights Reunions.

Bob Taylor
Posted By: Don Hamburg

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/04/10 07:02 PM

Does anyone have a extra Baltimore Skyline Piece that they are willing to sell? I been looking for this piece for sometime. I also started collecting Harbour Lights after the Baltimore Reunion, which was a hop, skip and jump from where I live. I often go to the Baltimore Inner Harbour looking for this piece, just hoping to find one.

Don Hamburg
Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Re: Harbour Lights #CR101 - 03/05/10 03:29 AM

Don--Try putting your request for the Skyline piece on the CF Trading Post.
© 2024 Collector Forums