LighthouseKeepers.com

Admiralty Head Flat Top

Posted By: DANIEL

Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/18/06 02:15 PM

I noticed this Admiralty on ebay. I thought the top was damaged and somebody shaved it down. The bids were high for it to be damaged. I am starting to wonder if it came from the factory this way. Any other opinions

Admiralty Head Flat Top
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/18/06 02:36 PM

It looked repaired to me, when I first saw it.. And badly repaired at that!
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/18/06 02:51 PM

Can't verify the roof, but it's certainly missing the ventilatior ball.
Posted By: kory63

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/18/06 04:14 PM

I believe this particular seller has had several HL's, recently, that were missinng ventilator balls!!!
Rick
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/18/06 11:31 PM

Lots to pay for a repaired piece - you'd think they would figure out how to put a fake ventilator ball on it. The buyer couldn't have realized it!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/19/06 01:56 AM

Can't prove it but sure looks like a pooooor way to fix a missing ventilator ball.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/19/06 02:19 AM

He may not realize it is damaged.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/19/06 05:41 AM

Who - the buyer or the seller? Surely the buyer didn't know; maybe the seller didn't either. We know someone had to have patched it up somewhere along the way.
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/24/06 06:38 PM

I ended up with one of 3 the seller had for a token bid. I had already made the bid when I saw the other one going crazy. Seller was selling for someone else. The bidding just plain quit after the comments came on the forum here. Maybe the bidders were from here and got the word. Let you know what it looks like when it gets here. :rolleyes:
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/28/06 01:59 AM

Well Folks, It arived today and this one in fact has the ventilater ball. It may have been glued back on but with my limited vision it looks okay. The ball has a hole in the top for a rod but it doen't have one. It is from Malasyia and the flag number is 2770 with "Admirality Head" mis-spelled. I did notice a very tiny chip on the front roof detail at the very peak. I first thought it was light reflection. Otherwise it appears authentic. Not sure but for $27.50 delivered, I think I got a deal. laugh
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/28/06 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by silverfox51:
...but with my limited vision it looks okay...
Hey man, I've got a CH1 for you just $199, DEElivered!
Posted By: SDudley

Re: Admiralty Head Flat Top - 07/28/06 12:32 PM

If this piece came from an auction offered by P C Collectibles it may well be a different piece than pictured in the auction. I just bought one from them and the lighthouse sent was not the one pictured. The seller said she uses stock pictures of pieces she already has had for sale.
© 2024 Collector Forums