LighthouseKeepers.com

Where do they all go?

Posted By: Bob M

Where do they all go? - 02/09/07 12:44 PM

Below is a quote that came from another thread that just aroused my curiosity about Collector Society gifts. The piece in question was Baltimore Harbor.

Quote:
Collectors Society gift piece from 1999-2000 membership year. 26,748 made!
Ever wonder how they managed to sell 26,748 (Collector Society packages) of those when they have trouble selling out editions 20% of that amount? Where do they all go?

confused Bob confused
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Where do they all go? - 02/09/07 03:38 PM

Bob, there are alot of these on Ebay. Maybe back in the late 90's there were many more CS memberships?
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Where do they all go? - 02/09/07 03:44 PM

Quote:
Collectors Society gift piece from 1999-2000 membership year. 26,748 made!
Thats why I don't collect the Society gift anymore. Too many made.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Where do they all go? - 02/09/07 04:19 PM

I always have and will continue to collect the CS gift. I know their edition size is extremely large but the actual pieces are very well done, and excellent replicas of some interesting lighthouses.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Where do they all go? - 02/09/07 04:28 PM

Bob I have to agree with you.
The Society Gifts have come a long way from since they first came out.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Where do they all go? - 02/09/07 04:51 PM

Quantities peaked in 1999-2000 for CS Gift pieces, reflecting the number of collectors and those interested in the Society pieces.

My guess is that the edition sizes now for CS gift pieces is in the 5 figures.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Where do they all go? - 02/09/07 06:16 PM

Also during the peak years HL was present at the Collector Shows. Many folks lined up to get a free thumbnail and quite a few of those and others attending the show were enticed to join the society. Joining at those times got you the "free gift lighthouse" on the spot.
© 2024 Collector Forums